Tony Mestrov, new CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And he ends up not having a job
Maybe. Maybe not. We'll soon see. If so he'll certainly be getting a big pay out, so he's not in this fight without some bargaining power.
(And if he did agree to walk away with a bundle of cash he'd quite likely be offered other NRL jobs anyway.)

Maybe. Maybe not. We'll soon see. If so he'll certainly be getting a big pay out, so he's not in this fight without some bargaining power.
(And if he did agree to walk away with a bundle of cash he'd quite likely be offered other NRL jobs anyway.)
The point is if you stand over your boss . Your boss stands you down .

It's not that simple Bozo. Des has a contract. He's also got 40 years of Manly history in him. The boss has an ego but he isn't a fool. Will be interesting to see how it play out.
Toovey had History with Mr Penn as well and it seems history is repeating it self

Toovey had History with Mr Penn as well and it seems history is repeating it self
Toovey didn't have a contract, he was in the last year of his deal and was told they wouldn't offer him a new one. Very different scenario.

He came in the day after colourful jersey round when the club was already imploding to the point of Penn actually being in the country. From that day, the many faceted vipers nest was already in full hissing, striking, strangling mode.
The Dalai ****ing Lama couldn't have calmed that pit of agenda driven poison.
His only option in these circumstances was to identify the problems and quietly go about removing them, if permitted by Penn to do so.
Sheesh, what do people expect?

Agree, I happen to respect the fact he hasn't been blurting a lot of nonsense to the media ... or strutting around puffing out his chest like a belligerent bantam ....

Conditional of course ... that he is working within the halls of power for a return to professional administration ...

Time will tell ...

How does hearing from a CEO equate to not cleaning up a mess?
Well you tell me what he’s achieved since his appointment? Have you seen anything positive happening? What has he done to show things are on the mend? Simple mate….let the people who support them & give their hard earned dollars to the membership team know what he’s doing to clean up this mess. All I’ve read is that Des is under enormous pressure to walk. This guy has done absolutely nothing since he’s arrived. Humphries already had quite a number of sponsors signed up after only a few weeks! What’s this guy done? ZERO! I have no faith in his appointment.

And I’m pretty sure a number of our players would ask for a release!

Well you tell me what he’s achieved since his appointment? Have you seen anything positive happening? What has he done to show things are on the mend? Simple mate….let the people who support them & give their hard earned dollars to the membership team know what he’s doing to clean up this mess. All I’ve read is that Des is under enormous pressure to walk. This guy has done absolutely nothing since he’s arrived. Humphries already had quite a number of sponsors signed up after only a few weeks! What’s this guy done? ZERO! I have no faith in his appointment.

I'll give Tony a call and tell him to send you his schedule each day .. and get him to ring you every night to let you know how he got on .. and listen to any advice you have ..

I'll give Tony a call and tell him to send you his schedule each day .. and get him to ring you every night to let you know how he got on .. and listen to any advice you have ..
Well seeing how you know everything perhaps you can enlighten us all on what he’s done to date? Dahhhhh

Well seeing how you know everything perhaps you can enlighten us all on what he’s done to date? Dahhhhh

Don't know ... but, unlike you, I'm not that arrogant or egotistical to think because I don't know what he has been doing ... that it must be nothing ...

Get over yourself ... you have no idea what he has done or not done ... you are not the centre of the universe, and probably human number 7,999,999,934 that he would bother telling ...

What positives have we seen since Mestrov has taken over.

New stability within the club?

No longer a split in the playing group due to open and honest communication?

A great working relationship with Des?

Strategic coaching staff appointments?

Smart player recruitment for 2023 and beyond?

Or Being a lapdog to whatever Penn says?

Asking for a friend @Ryan
He’s been there what, 2 months now?? The hottest sporting seat in the country on the back of one of the biggest stories in the history of Australian Sport, surely he deserves at least 6 months to try and fix what’s going on there???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7