Tonga V Aus 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
IMO Sika Manu is the exact type of experienced but dominant wants the ball solid back rower Man need.
Yes Pangai Jr is awesome but we'd need to off load Jake to afford this Pangai beast.

Some games you hardly see Turbo touch ball at fullback.

I think he's looking much more potent up in the line. I'm noticing how big he is more, when he plays up in the line .

I'm actually thinking the more Tom matures he needs to play 6.

It's left field but im thinking Ben Barba, Thompson at the tigers and thinking Elgy is great ball player. If DCE and Tom were up in the line. I'd like to see if little Elgy could handle full back. Should do less in defence.

Does he pass enough to be a 6 and does he kick the tricks ? I agree he is looking dangerous up front, maybe in a few years he could do a Lockyer once he matures more ?.

On the first half from the Manly boys.....

DCE has made a couple of mistakes, but he scored one try, sent Tedesco away for Tom's first try then saw there was room so ran on the last which led to Tom's 2nd try. Has had a hand in 3 of the Kangaroos 5 tries. Unfairly being blamed for Tonga's first try.

Tom's defence has been OK other than rushing up and getting no one where Tupou "scored". But in attack he's been a gem. Two tries, good passing. Doesn't seem to be running as fast as normal, but then he's not in open space either.

Jake came on and the Kangaroos forwards have come to life. Excellent defence as usual and the Tongan's don't know if he is going to pass or run with the ball in attack. Should have started ahead of McGuire.

AFB has been OK, especially in defence and seems to be marking Jake closely. Needs to do some strong runs though.

Does he pass enough to be a 6 and does he kick the tricks ? I agree he is looking dangerous up front, maybe in a few years he could do a Lockyer once he matures more ?.
I know what your saying. 2V was initially going to play turbo at 6 not fullback before the club bought Walker. What I have seen at centre, his kicking game isn't there yet, passing game is.

An Elgy type at full back takes the pressure off any way.

Think of it this way, if it means Turbo does more running and Elgy does less tackling it's win win.

I wasn't sure Turbo would handle defence up in the line. But it has looked like he is playing against school kids out there

Last edited:
Aussies starting to really run away with it. Meninga brings on Hunt to try to keep the game interesting...

Surprisingly (touch wood), he's not been half bad. Good defence and that was a nice kick to touch from dummy half.

More surprised Jake is off. He sparked the Kangaroos pack into life.

And Tedesco scores as I type. 34-16, kick to come and that might be it. Tonga might well be running out of legs 64 minutes in.

I know what your saying. 2V was initially going to play turbo at 6 not fullback before the club bought Walker. What I have seen at centre, his kicking game isn't there yet, passing game is.

An Elgy type at full back takes the pressure off any way.

Think of it this way, if it means Turbo does more running and Elgy does less tackling it's win win.

I wasn't sure Turbo would handle defence up in the line. But it has looked like he is playing against school kids out there

The Mad Scientist may just do what your proposing, thinking about, Jake likes playing off Tom and vice versa so having him up front would feed into that as well.
Still think he needs to mature a bit more but at least it is an experiment with credentials unlike some decision over the past few years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8