Tommy's View- Watmough the only one worth keeping

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still dont see a problem with Crockers hit on Stewart in the Grand Final. Barrett's hit in now way deserved a send off.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ian Martin tragic link=topic=180900.msg229965#msg229965 date=1246028910]
They could give tommy a choppy close type role (hold the water bottles, tommy; get us a slab) to have him around. but coach? nah....
  Totally agree, the guy is as thick as a plank so he's unlikely to even know how to press play on a video review session.  He's been blowing his trumpet for years, but even the NSW selectors are savvy enough to realise he's not what it takes.

The Gould/Tommy double act could have some mileage, as much as I hate to say it.

Let's not forget how West went when Tommy was their coach.

[/quote]

During the 70's I used to get to go into the magpies dressing room as my grandfather was a director of the club, I had plenty of conversations with tommy as he was my hero when I was growing up. He used to always give me advice on playing footy, mainly that I was too young and should go and play soccer to work on skills and come back to play league when I was about 12 or 13. I went and played one game of soccer and went straight back to league.

Their are alot of good footballers out their that are thick as a plank but have a good footy brain, Not saying that poor old Tommy hasn't lost more than his share of brain cells over the years but I reckon he knows what he's talking about. He has the passion, I agree he does not have the technical knowledge for the modern game but he has the passion and the spirit and would be able to pass that on to the young blokes. he seems to know enough that origin is a step or two above a club game and you can not play like you do in a NRL game and expect to win, one thing Bellamy has not lent in two years or he has learnt this but can't get it through to the players.

As for his time coaching wests, what did he have to work with? A couple of young up and comers at the very start of their careers and a couple of blokes at the end of their long careers who probably should have retired. Remember the magpies never had alot of money and could never hold on to any real talent.

I'd like to see Daley get the job, lose three series on the trot and be punted out of the game as the dickhead he is.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6