Tommy's View- Watmough the only one worth keeping

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
By Tommy Raudonikis

YESTERDAY was the worst day of my life. More painful than the time I fractured my cheekbone against the bloody Roosters in 1969. More embarrassing than the night I was locked out of my hotel room nude. And more sickening than the time I drank 30 schooners in three hours.
Yesterday was the worst day of my life because I had to get in my ute and face up to a bunch of Queenslanders after one of the softest performances by a NSW team in history.

One of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen.

Yesterday I had to go and do my deliveries on the Gold Coast with my head held low and boy, did they give it to me. I just copped it everywhere I went, and I have had enough.

I hope these players know the extent of what happened on Wednesday night - they made history by losing four times in a row.

We should have our flags down at half mast. We really should.

They put up a bit of a fight in the second half but it was too late because the first half was just deplorable. The passes they threw stank worse than Bill Harrigan's refereeing. But even worse was the lack of urgency they showed.

They just stood back while the Maroons made history.

The Greg Inglis try was just awful. Terrible. They just let him run through. Stroll though and score. They should have rushed up and smashed him. Belted him like Trent Barrett did when it was all too late.

It was as soft as I ever have seen.

The Blues played like a pack of sheilas on Wednesday night and something must be done.

It is time for the broom to come out. Everyone has to go. The coach the selectors and the players. Gone.

I like Craig Bellamy, but he has failed. The people around him have failed. The only bloke I would keep is Anthony Watmough, he was our one shining light. He had a go.

And of course there was the stink. That was real good. And guess what? No one got hurt. It reminded me of the good old cattledog days.

What needs to be asked is where to we go from here? How do we salvage some pride? How will we beat this cocky bunch of bloody Queenslanders?

Well the answer is right here. NSW, you need me. Tommy is your man. Every year I put my application in to coach NSW and every year they laugh at me. Well who is laughing now? I tell you who is laughing - Queensland. And we are the joke.

In 1997 we were in a hole and I was the bloke with the shovel. They picked me to coach and I won the series. I went to my first press conference and I had no socks on. No undies too. Then I went to Melbourne and I forgot my teeth. People thought I was a joke, but no one was laughing when I got the job done.

I beg them year after year for the job but they won't give it to me. What do they think I am going to do - embarrass them? Do they think I am going to say the wrong thing? No, I won't. I will surround myself with the right people and I will pick a team that will win Origin.

I will pick players who want to play Origin. Who want to bleed for this state.

I don't think the current team has the passion to play Origin. They play like it is a job. I'd pick my players and tell them it is my way or the highway. Play for me or leave. No questions.

We need to pick a squad now for the future. We need to breed them into Origin. We pick the blokes who want to play. Blokes that like rugby league more than the dollar.

I want blokes who can go the distance. Who can play 80 minutes of football. How about that prop that came off after just 14 minutes? Michael Weyman played just 14 minutes and came off. You're kidding - look at Steve Price.

This meant a lot to me and I am shattered. I am sitting back and crying in my beer as I write this. But don't despair, I am here. I am ready for the job. I am ready to give it to Queensland.

bit harsh on Hayne, great first half, kept and in it and if dickamy had not moved him away could have had more impact in the second.

huge gap to 3rd best NSWelsh man

Bloody oath. Tommy would be the man!

Agree with you fluffy... Hayne was absolutely outstanding... what a great player he is... manly should sign him!! haha

DSM5 link said:
Tommy is a complete dickhead, always was , always will be.

Well I think that he has character & besides that, he's an ex-RAAF Airframe Fitter like myself and us Framies stick together so I say give him another go.

Ian Martin tragic link said:
They could give tommy a choppy close type role (hold the water bottles, tommy; get us a slab) to have him around. but coach? nah....
  Totally agree, the guy is as thick as a plank so he's unlikely to even know how to press play on a video review session.  He's been blowing his trumpet for years, but even the NSW selectors are savvy enough to realise he's not what it takes.

The Gould/Tommy double act could have some mileage, as much as I hate to say it.

Let's not forget how West went when Tommy was their coach.

NSW need his passion.

Hayne was outstanding but I can see what Tommy is saying. Hayne played well because he is a good player, but played not better than he does for his club.

Watmough stood up and played Origin Football, that s the difference. I would keep Hayne but the point Tommy was trying to make is you need to step up and add aggression and passion
Watmough played with both and I am not sure any other NSW player did.

But hayne and Watmough would be first picked in my origin 3 squad

Watmough played like a street fighter.  Tommy's calling for a team of streetfighters.

Dan link said:
aggression and passion

And that's exactly what was missing in the NSW squad. They never came out strong to try and dominate like they normally do. They came out like marshmallows i.e. all soft. Choc was the only one who looked like a SOO player in that department. Hayne I wouldn't expect to act like that but he has the talent for SOO to make breaks and score tries.

DSM5 link said:
NSW needs some players with skill. 

Maybe so but you couldn't say that any of the tries by QLD in SOO2 involved any skill from them. NSW basically kept dropping the ball on their line for QLD to just pick up and score. For all of the QLDers going on about that this team is one of the greatest QLD teams of all time is an absolute joke. They were/are made to look good by NSW's (and Bellamy's) inept performances.

Tommy would play the Mal Meninga head coaching role

He would be the head of the group, but those below him would come up with a lot of the stuff for the game. You only had to look at halftime the other night to see that Neil Henry is the ideas man for Qld

Kiwi Eagle link said:
You only had to look at halftime the other night to see that Neil Henry is the ideas man for Qld

Yeah I noticed that. Mal was just hanging around the back with the players whilst Henry was out the front barking out the orders.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4