Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am sure I read somewhere in the Members Forum post that the current squad had "been inherited from Des". Post Des leaving we have seen Woods and Arthur signed, we lost Fifita and Tuitavake and we are rumoured to have signed Talau. Not sure I see the improvement.

I am sure I read somewhere in the Members Forum post that the current squad had "been inherited from Des". Post Des leaving we have seen Woods and Arthur signed, we lost Fifita and Tuitavake and we are rumoured to have signed Talau. Not sure I see the improvement.
Johns also, I think he was just on train and trial but was given a main contract late in pre-season.

I've tried to watch Talau a couple of times because we're said to have signed him, does some really good things but so many errors yesterday. Far from the finished product, but has some potential.

Fifita and Tuitavake are hardly impressing at the Dragons, playing mostly off the bench in reserve grade.

Fifita and Tuitavake are hardly impressing at the Dragons, playing mostly off the bench in reserve grade.
I have not seen Tuitavake in action but Fifita was very powerful and dynamic for us and stood out in the trials against NRL opposition

Last edited:
Two unrelated things
I understand we discarded Feledy long before we signed Talau; but it does relate to our recruitment policy, when he have a talented local junior in our ranks, and 12 months later are buying another clubs up and coming centre, for probably more money, yet has less upside, and less affinity to our club.

I understand we discarded Feledy long before we signed Talau; but it does relate to our recruitment policy, when he have a talented local junior in our ranks, and 12 months later are buying another clubs up and coming centre, for probably more money, yet has less upside, and less affinity to our club.
Unless Talau fails to deliver at our club then our club has not failed in making the wrong decision
Talau may well excel at Manly
As for your affinity theory . People can be born again . Just like many Manly greats were that came form rival clubs

Last edited:
Fair point. Would you say our squad has improved however?
No. I think the Woods signing is up there with our worst of all time. We lost the trade even though the dragons boys aren't excelling.

Arthurs I think has the potential to be a good signing. At 20 years of age I think he could develop into more than just a handy replacement.

Yes but do you know how much the Tigers offered Feledi?
Manly already is under fire in some quarters for paying a couple of blokes overs just for potential.
Sometimes if the offer's too big there's nothing you can do. It's not as though we were trying to offload him, I think we wanted him to stay.

Sorry this maybe a dumb question but have we actually formally signed Talau? some comments suggest we basically have.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4