Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Talua is a poor signing (I would say even Harper is more consistent with the basics), but I'm sure is seen as a back up for when Turbo inevitably goes down, and Garrick moves to FB.

As usual, our first string back line looking pretty good, but as soon as injuries occur, guys like Talau and Tui next men up. I wonder if Faulalo gets a spot for next year? Seems to have been playing well all season. I also think Parker should be re-signed as a reliable clubman who could start covering both centre and 2nd row.

Honestly though, Talau got nothing - poor footy instinct, not overly fast or strong, horrible defensively. Just has the last name. He, Tuilagi, and Condon have been horrible replacements for their predecessors

With Koula & Garrick set to remain in the centres long term, I see Talau as depth for us, and honestly, he's a step up on the depth we have.

He's, in a round about way, fullback depth (i.e. Turbo gets injured, Garrick goes back, Talau comes in).

We shouldn't turn out noses up at decent depth. If he was being brought in to play first grade, then I could see a few questions being asked.

This is only a good thing guys.

Looking ahead to next season, I assume it's Koula and Garrick first string. Talau depth to replace Harper ?
I imagine Talau, Paulo and Tuipulotu will be fighting it our for 1 backline spot with Garrick adjusting appropriately.

Parke the wildcard pending him being retained

I don’t think Hank Scorpio is going anywhere Disco.

His selection straight into this week’s starting lineup suggests they still value him highly.
Good Morning feathered friend Tezz and I hope all is well in your family nest

The Slow Scorpio who tries hard is a sentimental club favourite

But Premiership wins are not won on sentiments they are won on dominance

And looking back on our dominant premiership winning centres suggests that we need to step up from the slow Scorpio

Last edited:
Hank in the back row is another Woods in the front row
Both Thier time is up in the more dynamic faster modern game
The only way is up when we step up from those type of players
Use the cap space to find another young Fainu

Hank in the back row is another Woods in the front row
Both Thier time is up in the more dynamic faster modern game
The only way is up when we step up from those type of players
Use the cap space to find another young Fainu
Why not try and keep the young Fainu we have already?? Should we find another, develop him and then let him go as well??!! Crazy times Bozo.

With Koula & Garrick set to remain in the centres long term, I see Talau as depth for us, and honestly, he's a step up on the depth we have.

He's, in a round about way, fullback depth (i.e. Turbo gets injured, Garrick goes back, Talau comes in).

We shouldn't turn out noses up at decent depth. If he was being brought in to play first grade, then I could see a few questions being asked.

This is only a good thing guys.

Can he play wing? Tui is not going to cut it long term.

2018 England v Australia Schoolboy test. Talua playing at lock.

Image_00687.jpg

No Tommy Talua for Tigers. He was not named.

Injured ?

There has been talk about mid year switch but nothing I’ve seen 100% confirming this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8