Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You cant pay Tom 1.1 million a year when at centre he will touch the ball a lot less than what he does at fullback.
Toby is too small for either centre or fullback, might go ok in State Cup butnot NRL
The best fullbacks in the game are either on a million or about to be on a million(Edwards)
If you’re paying a centre a million,it leaves you very little to find a top level fullback,a far more important and influential position than centre.The argument that moving TomT to centre will make life easier for his injuries,is rubbish.He’s a player that likes to get involved.As for the argument that it works at Origin,well Origin is played differently to week to week club footy and when Manly sign Tedesco to play fullback,then it maybe an option

We got Api from Souths……
90281284-13EB-4F6D-84F6-B2254C36CC82.jpeg

I read that Blake Taafe is off contract this year and he's been languishing in the reggies.
Signing Taafe to takeover the fullback position and move Turbo to centres (if it can prolong his career).
Taafe can develop into a Dylan Edwards type player. Not a superstar but a solid contributor and a cheapie.
I can't see Taafe taking that FB position any time soon while Latrell is at the club.
The word was that Weekes was training a lot of the off season (not to mention the the 2nd half of last year) at FB. Again, I wouldn't be wasting money on bringing another 2nd rate FB in when we already have someone like Weekes. When Koula comes back and Tom goes back to FB, what do you do with Taafe. He just goes back to Reggies.

The best fullbacks in the game are either on a million or about to be on a million(Edwards)
If you’re paying a centre a million,it leaves you very little to find a top level fullback,a far more important and influential position than centre.The argument that moving TomT to centre will make life easier for his injuries,is rubbish.He’s a player that likes to get involved.As for the argument that it works at Origin,well Origin is played differently to week to week club footy and when Manly sign Tedesco to play fullback,then it maybe an option
i think someone like Taafe is a bit of an exception to the rule and is a victim of circumstance. He proved himself in the games he played in when covering for Latrell and he was always going to find himself on the outer even if he played exceptionally well. That's why I think he would make a brilliant signing.

The word was that Weekes was training a lot of the off season (not to mention the the 2nd half of last year) at FB. Again, I wouldn't be wasting money on bringing another 2nd rate FB in when we already have someone like Weekes. When Koula comes back and Tom goes back to FB, what do you do with Taafe. He just goes back to Reggies.
In the games I saw of Taafe, I would disagree that he is 2nd rate. I think he's actually more ready than Weekes to handle 1st grade, but that's not to suggest Weekes doesnt have a spot in the team. I guess Im more talking about next year rather than right now, because Taafe isnt off contract.
But yeah its quandry of sorts , so I agree with you there.
Long term wise, Weekes might be the one to replace DCE , to which Im very open to.

Talau can play. I have probably seen all his first grade games.

Not that it proves much but he is way better than Parker and Morgan.

If Koula goes to union as predicted we need another centre and fast.

i think someone like Taafe is a bit of an exception to the rule and is a victim of circumstance. He proved himself in the games he played in when covering for Latrell and he was always going to find himself on the outer even if he played exceptionally well. That's why I think he would make a brilliant signing.
The facts are,TomT is a brilliant fullback and you’d be silly to move him elsewhere.The fact that Taafe is languishing in reggies means he’s not very versatile so that puts the like of Weekes and Koula,already a better option than him

In the games I saw of Taafe, I would disagree that he is 2nd rate. I think he's actually more ready than Weekes to handle 1st grade, but that's not to suggest Weekes doesnt have a spot in the team. I guess Im more talking aboutbut inuuries next year rather than right now, because Taafe isnt off contract.
2nd rate in the sense that he can't get a run in 1st grd where he is. I think it's a moot point anyway coz Tom will still be FB if he stays fit. I think we need to be spending cap money in other, more pressing areas.

Last edited:
Talau can play. I have probably seen all his first grade games.

Not that it proves much but he is way better than Parker and Morgan.

If Koula goes to union as predicted we need another centre and fast.
Is the move to rugby really that forgone?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8