Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously who is running this club? Harpo Marx
We could do worse.
6FD948AD-7BCD-4E22-910C-72D05DBB3378.jpeg

Meanwhile I took Groucho’s advice:

“I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.”

Also seems the only players willing to come to Manly are Tigers players which can't be a good thing
Got a few Broncos players come over. Never had that happened before except for the unmentionable Bronco that came and had a liking for fire escape stairs and hallways.

At least Morgan Harper is off contract at the end of the year, so it'll essentially be a direct trade out. But in saying that I really don't rate Talau and there's a fair chance we'll see a lot of him

He has an element of potential but is not very competitive from what i've seen

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the last time we recruited from Penrith or Easts?

Very unlikely to get anyone from Easts.
It’s every representative players life long dream to play there, so much so they go for peanuts.

I don’t know whose fault it is but during our golden run 10-15 years ago we should have been able to attract almost anyone without paying overs.
For some reason we didn’t and fell into a club to avoid.

He may go alright but people are clutching at straws.
He can score a try but geez he misses a lot of tackles(a lot more than Harper) and does not really go looking for the ball.
Solid player but will be torn to shreds on here for his defence.(if he transfers)

Very unlikely to get anyone from Easts.
It’s every representative players life long dream to play there, so much so they go for peanuts.

I don’t know whose fault it is but during our golden run 10-15 years ago we should have been able to attract almost anyone without paying overs.
For some reason we didn’t and fell into a club to avoid.
Easts get , and keep whomever they want , you don’t decide to leave you are just booted when they’ve had their fill.

The Easts system is one that sets you up for life , it’s why they say “ they sign for less “ , and don’t know about less but a gig there at say $600k is worth a lot more than a gig at Manly for $850k because of the massive lifetime benefits.

I don’t know exactly but it’s what I hear.

It’s why there are so many more ways to skin a cat than purely $$$$$

More money means more tax , and a lot more tax , less money and a range of benefits is far far more tax effective.

Is he, by any chance, another religious Pasifika player?

If he is as good as we hope, signing Talau wont hurt him. Meyers needs to force his way into first grade, competition is good
I'd rather save our cap money and keep Parker and Koula (when he's fit) in the centres than buy another ok player with an injury history. But you're right, Meyers still has to prove himself. It would be nice to see him in the top grade before the end of year to see how he's tracking.

At least Morgan Harper is off contract at the end of the year, so it'll essentially be a direct trade out. But in saying that I really don't rate Talau and there's a fair chance we'll see a lot of him

He has an element of potential but is not very competitive from what i've seen
I'd say Talau is more of a short term fix.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8