Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah imo it should be Penn forking it but that could open another can of worms there.

Why? Seriously?

Tommy is in the top 3 players in the NRL. A company jumping in to sponsor the trip for some well earned publicity.

Well done Shaw and Partners!!

If we had more third party sponsors for individual players we will grow even stronger as we use less of the salary cap on these elite players.

Why? Seriously?

Tommy is in the top 3 players in the NRL. A company jumping in to sponsor the trip for some well earned publicity.

Well done Shaw and Partners!!

If we had more third party sponsors for individual players we will grow even stronger as we use less of the salary cap on these elite players.
True I really don't want to get into a Penn chat festival

Why should he?

Club pays for treatment of all players injuroes, why should Turbo be treated differently?
He should be treated like everyone else. But it would be kind to offer to pay for latrell’s hammie bill.

Tommy bits and pieces on Andy Raymond ...

Seems like it was recorded a while ago.

At the end they talking about how Tommy will go watching Manlys run to the finals haha.

Why should he?

Club pays for treatment of all players injuroes, why should Turbo be treated differently?
This is the real issue for many professional manbaby's in professional sport today.

They really are just kids who have to do what they are told. Eat what they are told. Train the way they are told. Recover from injury they way they are told.

It's only when these guys get to the end of their careers at the wise old age of 30+ (yep sounds ridiculous doesnt it) that they start to have the maturity to question their clubs.

Unfortunately for some by that time it may be too late.

Getting back on topic why should he pay himself? Well if he has concerns that the way the club is handling said injury and given his career is so short he should have the plums to want to get it sorted by the best in the world.

Let's be honest Say you or I made 100k per year and we needs a procedure that cost 10k we would stump up.

Tommy earns 1million + so to him 100k means exactly the same and I don't think old mate in the USA is going to cost 100k for 2 weeks.

Let's say he costs 25 -35k for the 2 weeks? Add flights in business 10k, hotel and food 10k. That's still on 5% of one years wage that may add 3 or 4 years to his career.

Money well spent you would need to think?

This is the real issue for many professional manbaby's in professional sport today.

They really are just kids who have to do what they are told. Eat what they are told. Train the way they are told. Recover from injury they way they are told.

It's only when these guys get to the end of their careers at the wise old age of 30+ (yep sounds ridiculous doesnt it) that they start to have the maturity to question their clubs.

Getting back on topic why should he pay himself? Well if he has concerns that the way the club is handling said injury and given his career is so short he should have the plums to want to get it sorted by the best in the world.

Let's be honest Say you or I made 100k per year and we needs a procedure that cost 10k we would stump up.

Tommy earns 1million + so to him 100k means exactly the same and I don't think old mate in the USA is going to cost 100k for 2 weeks.

Let's say he costs 25 -35k for the 2 weeks? Add flights in business 10k, hotel and food 10k. That's still on 5% of one years wage that may add 3 or 4 years to his career.

You still haven't explained why Tommy should pay? He injured himself whilst training, he works for Manly Sea Eagles, therefore the employer is responsible for their employees safety & are responsible for injuries in the work place. It's not the point of how much he earns! He was injured at work, if the club wants him to participate this year then they can pay. It's why they pay for insurance policies. Imagine if Tommy was told he has to fork out the money.....he could say F Off & claim damages for loss of earnings for every year of his contract & sit at home.

You still haven't explained why Tommy should pay?
Not sure that he said he 'should' pay but maybe somewhere upstream.
If it were me and my body was my ticket to fame and fortune and a bloody good life, and the club weren't willing to fork out for top shelf treatment, I wouldn't hesitate to stump up the dosh.
It's a no brainer, he is a body for hire.

The club should have been willing to fork out, sponsor or otherwise.

The club pays Tom a lot of money to win games of footy, and should be looking to maximise its return on investment by getting Tom to potentially play more footy.

Not sure that he said he 'should' pay but maybe somewhere upstream.
If it were me and my body was my ticket to fame and fortune and a bloody good life, and the club weren't willing to fork out for top shelf treatment, I wouldn't hesitate to stump up the dosh.
It's a no brainer, he is a body for hire.
“ he is a body for hire” Sounds so cheap and dirty to me 😂 maybe he could go for maximum ROI and invest in other enhancements. Maybe we could create thread to pontificate what these enhancements should be….

“ he is a body for hire” Sounds so cheap and dirty to me 😂 maybe he could go for maximum ROI and invest in other enhancements. Maybe we could create thread to pontificate what these enhancements should be….
I wouldn't mess with his brain or personality. He's an astute sweet boy.

Last edited:
The club should have been willing to fork out, sponsor or otherwise.

The club pays Tom a lot of money to win games of footy, and should be looking to maximise its return on investment by getting Tom to potentially play more footy.
Should, yes. But we’re talking about that grinning shark, Penn.

His pockets are deep, but his arms are short.

You still haven't explained why Tommy should pay? He injured himself whilst training, he works for Manly Sea Eagles, therefore the employer is responsible for their employees safety & are responsible for injuries in the work place. It's not the point of how much he earns! He was injured at work, if the club wants him to participate this year then they can pay. It's why they pay for insurance policies. Imagine if Tommy was told he has to fork out the money.....he could say F Off & claim damages for loss of earnings for every year of his contract & sit at home.
Your asking a question that while completely valid misses my point. The club will have processes in place to treat injury and rehabilitation. Those processes may be class leading and cutting edge OR they may not.
In Tom's case multiple injuries to the same body part means one of 2 things.

Either he has chronic hamstring and body issues that will end his career early and rob us of a possible immortal
OR
The processes the club use are not up to scratch.

He should take more control of his own destiny because come 2028 or so he will be left holding the can for possible mismanagement of his body by the club. Who pays then? Yep.... Tom.

I agree that the club should do all it can to get him better but thats a subjective thing. Which ever doctor the club employs may think they know best and hence the club will consider its obligations fulfilled.

I injured my lower back while at work 20 years ago. My employer sent me to doctors and physio to 'get it better' and their obligation was done. 20 years later I've personally spent thousands managing and looking for solutions to chronic pain. Did my employer do the right thing? Possibly. Did they provide the best possible care? No. They did the minimum expected. Do I whish I had more control back then to say hey let's try this instead? Yep sure do.... same for Tommy. If he feels the clubs approach is inadequate then he could have paid for it himself in the off season.

Excellent comments EOL, especially regarding the issue of maturity. Its too easy to forget players who become champions were in diapers in the early stages of their career still feeding off the tit figuratively. Maturity comes from experience and finding ones way out of the cradle takes time.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8