Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thirty points scored, and no tries.
Pathetic. This sport has been ruined.
I fell into the trap of watching the last 60 minutes to see Wright play. Neither side looked like scoring a try. It was like Northern Hemisphere Rugby where the emphasis is on kicking & field position. So boring. Towards the end, the commentators were suggesting the Wallabies should aim to be in the opposition half to be awarded a penalty - no talk about trying to score tries!

It's the Pumas strength to drag the fame into a grind a stifle attacks, not pretty but effective

I got sick of watching Hooper brushing his hair back at each stoppage, in other words about every 20 or 30 seconds. Lovely hair but ffs. At least Gutho only does that once every few minutes.

I watched Tom Wright carve up team after team in the Holden cup 17 triumph and the fact is he got 3 games in First grade in 2018 and Barrett didnt rate him and he was allowed to leave at the end of the season.

When you look at the problems we had in 2020 around five eighth and Full back, this young man could have been a solution.

I know the past is the past and for me its another example of the need to show faith to young players of promise or lose them and see them become an amazing player. Too much of this has happened at our club since 2014!

I watched Tom Wright carve up team after team in the Holden cup 17 triumph and the fact is he got 3 games in First grade in 2018 and Barrett didnt rate him and he was allowed to leave at the end of the season.

When you look at the problems we had in 2020 around five eighth and Full back, this young man could have been a solution.

I know the past is the past and for me its another example of the need to show faith to young players of promise or lose them and see them become an amazing player. Too much of this has happened at our club since 2014!
Never really saw the attraction and still dont. Watched last nights and admittedly he did one good run. Also saw him lose the ball once in a meek effort and his tackling was just average. He is playing on the wing in union. Believe he is better suited to RU than League.

Never really saw the attraction and still dont. Watched last nights and admittedly he did one good run. Also saw him lose the ball once in a meek effort and his tackling was just average. He is playing on the wing in union. Believe he is better suited to RU than League.

He would have been a much better proposition than what we have had at Manly the last few years. One thing...he actually has speed. Thing is with Union, the game is mainly played in the forwards, even more than League. Opportunities dont come as often for wingers. With fifteen on the field there is far less room to move.

Last edited:
The reality is in that one run he showed more than most of our outside backs did this year. considering he had something like 3 or 4 runs for the match Id take any of our backs run like that 1/3 the time. Not to mention last game, his stats read 8 runs 92metres, 3 line breaks and 3 tackle busts and a try against the All Blacks. When was the last time one of our backs not named Trbojevic put up those numbers? Even against the bulldogs?

If you can't see his elusiveness I'd have loved to play footy against you.

The reality is in that one run he showed more than most of our outside backs did this year. considering he had something like 3 or 4 runs for the match Id take any of our backs run like that 1/3 the time. Not to mention last game, his stats read 8 runs 92metres, 3 line breaks and 3 tackle busts and a try against the All Blacks. When was the last time one of our backs not named Trbojevic put up those numbers? Even against the bulldogs?

Round 20, Miski 2 tries, 213 metres, 2 Line Breaks, 3 tackle busts

Round 20, Miski 2 tries, 213 metres, 2 Line Breaks, 3 tackle busts

So Miski had twice as many runs for one less line break and the same tackle busts. Still decent though ... And to add insult to injury our club doesn't rate high him to have him in its Top 30. Sort of proves my point about the type of player our club prefers.

Last edited:
Just had a chance to see the game,FMD,seriously underwhelming....One good kick return from a box kick from the Pumas' half,the defensive line was staggered and chasing all over the place,won't see that in league.
Had a flick pass and spent the rest of the night kicking the ball away,dropped a pass when he looked up because he knew he was going to be tackled.Guy is an instinctive player and yeah he is elusive,but saw nothing from that game that would get me excited and think he is a league player.
Would love to see him carting the ball up from our 5 or 10 metre line,the sort of guy who could win you a game with some brilliance but would probably lose you more.

So Miski had twice as many runs for one less line break and the same tackle busts. Still decent though ... And to add insult to injury our club doesn't rate high him to have him in its Top 30. Sort of proves my point about the type of player our club prefers.
Nah,we are still chasing Saab,with the contracted guys we have we can't put another winger in the 30,if we can get him as a development player then good for us.We have also added young Koula to the 30 as well.
If we can release Jorge then I reckon he would be upgraded to the 30.

Last edited:
I got sick of watching Hooper brushing his hair back at each stoppage, in other words about every 20 or 30 seconds. Lovely hair but ffs. At least Gutho only does that once every few minutes.
Agree Lolol but at least Hooper doesn’t do the Dancing Queen impersonation or the continuous Dodo bird attempt to fly :rofl:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4