Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
“though his running game at the back is still among the NRL’s most prolific as he averages 203 metres compared to 209 last year.”

There is a simple solution, Des needs him to start his runs 7 metres closer to the opposition try line, and voila heaps of tries to turbo.

No doubt Turbo is being targeted more in recent times , Storm seemed to indicate the blue print and to try isolate him more but even when fit this season , having no where near the same impact as could be expected . Just did not seem as focused in the i st two games this season but definitely better when Manly beat the Raiders soon after that . Probably needs a lot more variation how he is being used with switch plays for instance . Used to work well when Blake Green was the 6 but sure that Foz is more then capable of providing it also and the wider plays from the Manly halves for him of course can still be effective if he is positioned properly . Corks can be restrictive but just got the feeling that this was not the only problem inhibiting his play against the Broncs , right knee still looked very dodgy . Having much less of the pill certainly does not help but need Turbo involved in attack on a fairly constant basis and not just as a battering ram at times . Sure that he can get back to his best for Manly but need a few more adjustments individually and team wise with his involvement apart from his injury and fitness requirements to be overcome . .

I think that’s going a bit overboard.Maybe he’s uncomfortable due to the fact he’s been told to say he’s fine yet he’s not and he doesn’t feel comfortable lying
He's always going to get a bit of that after what happened in the shower after Corso-gate. He may have been telling the truth but no-one believed him anyway!

We don't do him any favours expecting him to take hits up like a battering ram. I reckon he does that because he doesn't get put into space and he's trying to do it all by himself again. I don't mean going side ways from one side of the field to the other. We need our ball players to commit to a play and hole runners running good lines with an expectation they'll get the ball. Similarly the last time I saw Big O running a good line into space was off Schuster.

If he is lying about his knee come Friday we will all know! It doesn’t make sense for him to lie. It would be totally dumb. Turbo is a very self conscious kid and seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and is always a little awkward in press conferences except after a triumphant win. No add to that a self conscious mind in regards to his form and here you likely have a large part of the answer. Let’s see what happens Friday night! I am reserving my judgment on this one

You're dead right. Extremely hard to watch. And the worst thing about that is that Turbo not only has to overcome injuries (you can't convince me he's anywhere near 100%) 💯 but his mental state that we saw right here. And that may be the bigger part.
I think Tom is extremely mentally tough, eg, the self imposed booze ban last year (which he said he would do again this year).

But he is prone to poor body language on field at times. In fact he can look miserable at the back on occasion.
Or maybe that is just suffering the disappointment of Manly playing poorly, I have no idea.

Everyone's different I suppose. Panthers Luai always grinning and laughing, Joey Johns or Thurston glaring fiercely and berating their own players as though the match is very important.

Tom's body language is extremely different in this interview vs previous invterviews. Watch it and tell me i'm imagining things.

He is fidgeting, animated with his arm movements and one of 2 things:
(a) Impatient to get on with it and set for a redemption performance
(b) Losing confidence in his own hype-train

Easy to pick the glass half-empty / half-full options. Curious as to whether others picked up on that. his interviews are usually boringly humble, 'full credit to the boys' and all that ****.

I hope this is a good sign, in that he is about to cut sick - and do so against the Eels again at their fortress. Last time we went there was a special day.

PS Last live game I got to attend was Manly vs Parra at Bankwest last year on the day the immortal Bob Fulton passed. It was a defining game, and a moment of Pride that made me so happy I took my 76 year-old dad to watch with me (and a Parra-supporting mate and his family who likely wished we hadn't been there).

He is fidgeting, animated with his arm movements and one of 2 things:
(a) Impatient to get on with it and set for a redemption performance
(b) Losing confidence in his own hype-train
(c) pissed off about being paraded to the media under orders to stick to a script that doesn't sit well with him?

In some ways the injury could be a blessing in disguise because Tom didn’t look like he could run laterally and step at all. All straight line stuff tonight. The knee can’t be 100%. I don’t enjoy watching him play hobbled and the risk of an ACL when your MCL is not stable, are high. We can’t afford him to do an ACL and never be as explosive again. At least with a shoulder injury, you can come back the same player one day.

I’m so gutted about Turbo. All the promise in the world. The greatest talent to never fully blossom. So lucky on one level to see the truncated season he put in last year. Brilliant, out of this stratosphere. Let’s be honest, he’s a walking injury. I don’t see his career getting anywhere close to Snake’s let alone the durable Wombat in regards to longevity, let alone where he will take this team. Perhaps a reflection of the times and beliefs/expectations around our sport? I don’t know. I wish him well and love his realness… at the same time, resent his fragility. Tough to be a fan these days.

Perhaps back for a cameo to tease us with his brilliance (at best).
If he gets back at all that could be enough. We saw last year he came back in full flight from the get-go. At least he's got more time now for his knee to get strong.

Brett Papworth mk2.

Give him the rest of the year off, and reboot for 2023.

If he gets back at all that could be enough. We saw last year he came back in full flight from the get-go. At least he's got more time now for his knee to get strong.
Yeah, certainly could come back hitting the ground running with a flash of brilliance… but, who gives a f*rrrk? What’s the point of this ongoing in out injury fit yo-yo garbage. We ain’t winning anything with players who are that unreliable. We need to build some consistency and reliability in this team. Can you imagine what this ongoing major disruption does to other players and their psychology? How the farrrk does anybody in our back line ease into some consistent game playing to develop? They are all being bounced around like a pinball.

Don't agree with that. Be good to see Koula get a run of games at fullback, or maybe Weekes. One door closes, another opens..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2