Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn’t like how it appears Dessie openly lied in the press conference.

His approach to the media is one of his weakest points.

It was painful watching Tommy trying to play.
Someone was telling me that the NSW SOO selectors requested we brought him back sooner than later to give him a chance of being game fit for the series. I would have told them to get lost. All this has been done without player care in mind.

People looking for something thats not there with the Origin narrative IMO
Hi Disco, hear what your saying, but do you not think it's rather strange we brought him back 2 weeks earlier? Was it that we needed it, or was there a tad of pressure "hey SOO is in whatever weeks, we want him in the side, can you bring forward the plan?" Ok, sure we are always a bit better mentally with TT in the game, but would the club risk him if he wasn't quite right unless there were other influences. Sure I know TT on NRL news tonight and I bet he'll say all the right thing. But similarly if your injured do you play with needles or not? Same thing. I played doing that and I'm not a Rolls Royce like Turbo, I wasn't given the choice.

Hi Disco, hear what your saying, but do you not think it's rather strange we brought him back 2 weeks earlier? Was it that we needed it, or was there a tad of pressure "hey SOO is in whatever weeks, we want him in the side, can you bring forward the plan?" Ok, sure we are always a bit better mentally with TT in the game, but would the club risk him if he wasn't quite right unless there were other influences. Sure I know TT on NRL news tonight and I bet he'll say all the right thing. But similarly if your injured do you play with needles or not? Same thing. I played doing that and I'm not a Rolls Royce like Turbo, I wasn't given the choice.
I can't see Hasler being swayed by the Origin selectors.

Hasler and Turbo are doing what they think is best for Manly, perhaps they have misjudged but neither would commit to playing if they didnt think it was to the benefit of the team.

In my view

Injuries might bring some of the changes we desperately need. I suspect Turbo pressed for his early return conscious of origin approaching and his performances sadly confirm he came back too early. I have joined the chorus for DCE to hooker in any event so shake it up Dessie.

Wow this was painful to watch. The least comfortable I've ever seen him in front of the media.

Turbo looked like he'd rather be anywhere else, scratching his arms, rubbing his head, while getting grilled about his alleged cork and 100% fit knee. Really not sure why the club would put him up for interview this week?
Oh well, he's getting the mega bucks so I suppose these moments come with the territory.

Wow this was painful to watch. The least comfortable I've ever seen him in front of the media.

Turbo looked like he'd rather be anywhere else, scratching his arms, rubbing his head, while getting grilled about his alleged cork and 100% fit knee. Really not sure why the club would put him up for interview this week?
Oh well, he's getting the mega bucks so I suppose these moments come with the territory.
That was a very awkward interview

I haven’t been good enough’: Turbo’s form, not fitness, is the worry​

By Dan Walsh

May 18, 2022

Sea Eagles superstar Tom Trbojevic insists he holds no concerns for his recently repaired knee or the rest of his body, only his drop-off in form from one of the most stunning individual seasons the game has seen.

Trbojevic understands the fuss around his fitness after limping through last week’s 38-0 loss to Brisbane with a corked thigh but is exasperated nonetheless with the endless enquiries about his availability.

Trbojevic, Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans (cork) and back-rowers Josh Schuster (calf) and Andrew Davey (illness) trained without issue on Wednesday ahead of Friday’s marquee clash with Parramatta.

Speaking at Brookvale Oval after training, Trbojevic showed off a hefty lump and surgical scar after a recent MCL operation, explaining the heavy strapping he wears into game’s is no reflection of his knee being anything less than 100 per cent functional.

Younger brother Ben is facing up to a month out with an AC joint issue and left Manly HQ with his arm in a sling, but after fielding hundreds of messages since Magic Round Tom is adamant his body is the least of his worries.

“It was a corked thigh, that’s why I looked a bit ginger,” he said.
“People can speculate and say this and that but there’s no issue with the knee on the weekend. Coming back from quite a big surgery I’m fit and ready to play footy this week.”

Far more pressing for the reigning Dally M medallist is Manly’s 0-5 record against top-eight teams this season, by an average 34-12 scoreline.

Trbojevic’s personal slide from his record-breaking 2021 exploits – when his 28 tries were the most by any Sea Eagle in one season – makes for even more alarming reading until his return from surgery and Manly’s middling form this year is considered.

Where Trbojevic averaged a nigh unheard of 1.5 tries and try-assists per game last season, along with almost seven tackle busts and two line breaks each match, this year he has managed just two tries, assists and line breaks from six games in 2022.

His touches per game are also down slightly from 35 to 33.8, though his running game at the back is still among the NRL’s most prolific as he averages 203 metres compared to 209 last year.

Again, Trbojevic is not exactly comfortable with the intense scrutiny of his form and fitness, but understands it comes with the territory of a near-seven figure salary and billing as one of the game’s biggest stars.

“I don’t read into having [my] performance analysed so much. I wouldn’t say it affects me but you know it’s there,” Trbojevic said. “It’s part of the game. I played some good footy last year and that’s what comes on the back of it.
“I haven’t been good enough this year and I need to find ways to fix that.
“Last year, I don’t take that into account, but I love the game of rugby league, I pride myself on my ability to play the game each week. You put pressure on yourself to perform for your team. You take that hit and you work through the week to turn that around.
“If you want to be successful you’ve got to beat the top sides. We haven’t been able to do that this year and we’ve got to find a way to be more competitive against those sides and win footy games… Parra at home, that’s a test and we’re going to have to be a lot better than we were at the weekend.”

I haven’t been good enough’: Turbo’s form, not fitness, is the worry​

Dan Walsh

By Dan Walsh

May 18, 2022 — 4.03pm

Sea Eagles superstar Tom Trbojevic insists he holds no concerns for his recently repaired knee or the rest of his body, only his drop-off in form from one of the most stunning individual seasons the game has seen.
Trbojevic understands the fuss around his fitness after limping through last week’s 38-0 loss to Brisbane with a corked thigh but is exasperated nonetheless with the endless enquiries about his availability.

https://silvertails.net/javascript:void(0);

NRL Highlights: Sea Eagles v Broncos - Round 10

6:13

Historic win ruined by celebratory moment

The Manly Sea Eagles take on the Brisbane Broncos in Magic Round of the 2022 NRL Premiership.
Trbojevic, Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans (cork) and back-rowers Josh Schuster (calf) and Andrew Davey (illness) trained without issue on Wednesday ahead of Friday’s marquee clash with Parramatta.
Speaking at Brookvale Oval after training, Trbojevic showed off a hefty lump and surgical scar after a recent MCL operation, explaining the heavy strapping he wears into game’s is no reflection of his knee being anything less than 100 per cent functional.

Younger brother Ben is facing up to a month out with an AC joint issue and left Manly HQ with his arm in a sling, but after fielding hundreds of messages since Magic Round Tom is adamant his body is the least of his worries.
“It was a corked thigh, that’s why I looked a bit ginger,” he said.
“People can speculate and say this and that but there’s no issue with the knee on the weekend. Coming back from quite a big surgery I’m fit and ready to play footy this week.”
Tom Trbojevic was hampered by injury as Manly crashed to a 38-0 loss to Brisbane.

Tom Trbojevic was hampered by injury as Manly crashed to a 38-0 loss to Brisbane.Credit:NRL Photos
Far more pressing for the reigning Dally M medallist is Manly’s 0-5 record against top-eight teams this season, by an average 34-12 scoreline.

Trbojevic’s personal slide from his record-breaking 2021 exploits – when his 28 tries were the most by any Sea Eagle in one season – makes for even more alarming reading until his return from surgery and Manly’s middling form this year is considered.
Where Trbojevic averaged a nigh unheard of 1.5 tries and try-assists per game last season, along with almost seven tackle busts and two line breaks each match, this year he has managed just two tries, assists and line breaks from six games in 2022.
His touches per game are also down slightly from 35 to 33.8, though his running game at the back is still among the NRL’s most prolific as he averages 203 metres compared to 209 last year.
Again, Trbojevic is not exactly comfortable with the intense scrutiny of his form and fitness, but understands it comes with the territory of a near-seven figure salary and billing as one of the game’s biggest stars.

Related Article​

Adam Reynolds, Jahrome Hughes, Andrew Fifita and Brent Naden.

Analysis​

NRL 2022

NRL round 11 previews: Experts analyse the head-to-head match-ups

“I don’t read into having [my] performance analysed so much. I wouldn’t say it affects me but you know it’s there,” Trbojevic said. “It’s part of the game. I played some good footy last year and that’s what comes on the back of it.
“I haven’t been good enough this year and I need to find ways to fix that.
“Last year, I don’t take that into account, but I love the game of rugby league, I pride myself on my ability to play the game each week. You put pressure on yourself to perform for your team. You take that hit and you work through the week to turn that around.
“If you want to be successful you’ve got to beat the top sides. We haven’t been able to do that this year and we’ve got to find a way to be more competitive against those sides and win footy games… Parra at home, that’s a test and we’re going to have to be a lot better than we were at the weekend.”
Stream the NRL Premiership 2022 live and free on 9Now.
He looks like a guy who wants to get it on, on Friday night. Got a feeling he's in for a big one.

You're dead right. Extremely hard to watch. And the worst thing about that is that Turbo not only has to overcome injuries (you can't convince me he's anywhere near 100%) 💯 but his mental state that we saw right here. And that may be the bigger part.
Interestingly, right before I popped in here, I watched an interview with Pink where she talked about how mental attitude was everything in her line of work. She said she could do two shows in a row where the first was a train wreck because her first step onto the stage was accompanied by good old self doubt and the second was a triumph because she stepped on with a '**** it, I'm not going to let that happen again' mindset.
All season I've thought Tommy was carrying an injury but, having seen this (truly shocking) interview, I'd have to say there's a large mental component.
Didn't we have a mind coach working with the team?
It's not hard to figure where the torment can come from. He's hailed not only as the best player in the League but also as the sole reason for Manly's success. Imagine how a couple of ordinary performances starts to feed into an ever increasing loop of self doubt.
The kid really needs help.

You're dead right. Extremely hard to watch. And the worst thing about that is that Turbo not only has to overcome injuries (you can't convince me he's anywhere near 100%) 💯 but his mental state that we saw right here. And that may be the bigger part.
Interestingly, right before I popped in here, I watched an interview with Pink where she talked about how mental attitude was everything in her line of work. She said she could do two shows in a row where the first was a train wreck because her first step onto the stage was accompanied by good old self doubt and the second was a triumph because she stepped on with a '**** it, I'm not going to let that happen again' mindset.
All season I've thought Tommy was carrying an injury but, having seen this (truly shocking) interview, I'd have to say there's a large mental component.
Didn't we have a mind coach working with the team?
It's not hard to figure where the torment can come from. He's hailed not only as the best player in the League but also as the sole reason for Manly's success. Imagine how a couple of ordinary performances starts to feed into an ever increasing loop of self doubt.
The kid really needs help.
I think that’s going a bit overboard.Maybe he’s uncomfortable due to the fact he’s been told to say he’s fine yet he’s not and he doesn’t feel comfortable lying

I think that’s going a bit overboard.Maybe he’s uncomfortable due to the fact he’s been told to say he’s fine yet he’s not and he doesn’t feel comfortable lying
Have you seen him play this year? I love him to bits and am concerned for him. Hope I'm wrong but I don't like what I'm seeing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8