Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Origin games don't count, but in order to account for games origin players miss when on origin duty, only a player's "best" 21 matches where points were received are taken into account when determining the final dally m tally for each player. This is from the NRL website.
That's actually a very good solution that I was unaware of. Thanks for the tip.

Beer isn't technically liquor, hope that helps.
Beer is good. This is the latest Health Advice from NSW Health.

Stay Home Happy Hour GIF by The Lost Abbey

Origin games don't count, but in order to account for games origin players miss when on origin duty, only a player's "best" 21 matches where points were received are taken into account when determining the final dally m tally for each player. This is from the NRL website.
still skewed in favour of non-origin players as they have more games in which to to score.
But does reduce the advantage somewhat

So if there is 25 games, a player doesn't score points in 5 of those games. Doesn't that just negate this rule anyway? For this rule to ever work a player would have to score Dally M points in 22 games or more. If a player is that good he'd be playing origin unless he's a kiwi. Either way I don't think this rule would have ever been applied. Correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:
Every player is gonna have a zero or 3 across 24 games if they only scratch the lowest scores it's still an advantage to non origin players who get an extra opportunity to score points and push a zero out of their top 21 scores.

I've got a cache of Shiraz to get me through 🙂
Sadly I had to give up drinking red when I moved here..mostly only low end stuff here. I did find a '87 St Hugo and a '90 Wynns Coonawarra Cab Sav about 4 years back for just under $100 each which i rationed as leanly as possible. I mostly drink Bundy brought over by travellers but am on the local poison since covid.

So if there is 25 games a player doesn't score points in 5 of those games. Doesn't that just negate this rule anyway? For this rule to ever work a Ayers would have to score Dally M points in 22 games or more. If a player is that good he'd be playing origin unless he's a kiwi. Either way I don't think this rule would have ever been applied. Correct me if I'm wrong
You're probably right. I'd say it's unlikely that a player has ever polled in more than 21 games, so it's probable that the rule has never been applied. But it's the rule nonetheless.

You're probably right. I'd say it's unlikely that a player has ever polled in more than 21 games, so it's probable that the rule has never been applied. But it's the rule nonetheless.
I had a quick look last week and from memory the highest points a winner has got was around 36-39 points with most years lower.
So really max points in 10 games plus a couple of minor points will win it
Go through our wins he’s played and surely he’s polled enough.

I do think they should get points from Origin - it’s meant to be the best of the best so any points earned are essentially harder to get and surely deserved.
Player of the series yet doesn’t count to Dally M seems odd to me.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8