Tom T is he that good.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hahahaha this forum is so freakin bipolar

Tom will finish his career as one of Manly's best ever, he will play 20+ SOO's and 20+ tests

He is still at least 3 years from being the finished article, Billy Slater was 24/25 before he played for Australia

Seriously its like people can't see past the present, sure Tom has been steady to start the year but his career trajectory will not be defined by round 3 2018

As for whoever said Dufty is better, surely that is a trolling attempt, Dufty is a year older than Tom and has played 10 first grade games, Tom is a year younger and has represented his country

As others have alluded to , Tom certainly can not win a game or even have a big influence on the result if the majority of the Manly team are having off days . Has still been good under the high ball and playing fairly solidly so far this year . With a bit of luck , could maybe have scored two tries against Souths , running onto Jorge"s inside pass and D C E "s kick ahead . Once Manly 's spine can very hopefully click into gear very soon and he is given better constructed attacking opportunities , Tom "s main value which is his great attacking flair , should come to the fore again .

Hahahaha this forum is so freakin bipolar

Tom will finish his career as one of Manly's best ever, he will play 20+ SOO's and 20+ tests

He is still at least 3 years from being the finished article, Billy Slater was 24/25 before he played for Australia

Seriously its like people can't see past the present, sure Tom has been steady to start the year but his career trajectory will not be defined by round 3 2018

As for whoever said Dufty is better, surely that is a trolling attempt, Dufty is a year older than Tom and has played 10 first grade games, Tom is a year younger and has represented his country
:clap:

The swings in peoples views about this team week to week astound me and to be quite honest, intrigue me a little. Do they live the rest of their lives like that? Do they make huge changes to their opinions and worldviews week to week and even day to day..? How does that serve them..?

There's no question Tommy T has the physical attributes and the talent needed to be an NRL superstar. But there are weaknesses in his game, especially his involvement in defence, that he needs to address. He's talked about it himself, and about being mentored by Snake and even Billy Slater. Unfortunately, for all the talk, he doesn't seem to have improved. He needs to work on becoming better.

I don't mind him, in the same way I didn't mind Wolfie (who had a high mistake rate) or Dale Shearer (who ditto). He can, on an inconsistent basis be good to watch. But he isn't that quick, so when he gets into the clear he is run down. But his ability to finish of these raids however is pretty good, and tries follow for the wingers.
Notice that his brother is a fixture in the Blues team, the Kangaroos. But Tom is not.
But what of the "third brother" - how old is he now? What style of player is he?

:clap:

The swings in peoples views about this team week to week astound me and to be quite honest, intrigue me a little. Do they live the rest of their lives like that? Do they make huge changes to their opinions and worldviews week to week and even day to day..? How does that serve them..?

Absolutely

People went way over the top round 1, we looked decent, probably tried to play a bit flashy for round 1, passes didn't stick and lost in the lottery of golden point

Then people went waaay overboard in round 2, we played very well, but Parra played very poorly and once we got momentum we were unstoppable. A great day and shows our potential, especially on a dry track, but not the guarantee that we are premiership contenders that a lot seemed to take it as

Now we get to round 3, and wait for it........people go waaaay overboard. We were terrible, our attitude wasn't there and we didn't adjust to the grind of wet weather football (to be honest not this current teams strength, we like to offload, do short sharp passing through the middle as well as spread). But we are we are no better or worse team then we were 7 days ago

Turbo is still a gun, who is not the finished article, expect the odd defensive flaw whilst he continues to improve, also expect games where he dominates
Jorge is still a dynamo who will make heaps yards and produce brilliant finishes but also struggles under the highball
Croker is still a rookie being thrown into the deep end, he hasn't got 200 games experience, he has had an injury plagued start to his career and he does have talent........he will land somewhere between obscurity and a serviceable first grade career
Thompson is still a battle hardened player who stiffens our edge defense
Etc etc etc

We are still a team with loads of talent who has, due to salary cap constraints had to take a punt on a bunch of former prodigies that have drifted (Hastings, Croker, Lane, Suli, Perrett), we are a team that could finish anywhere from 4th-10th.....We are a team that, if the snag a finals spot, could put together a hot 3 games and make the GF, we are also a team that could finish 4th then produce two stinkers and be knocked out

Sit back, enjoy the footy and don't let it overwhelm your life

I don't mind him, in the same way I didn't mind Wolfie (who had a high mistake rate) or Dale Shearer (who ditto). He can, on an inconsistent basis be good to watch. But he isn't that quick, so when he gets into the clear he is run down. But his ability to finish of these raids however is pretty good, and tries follow for the wingers.
Notice that his brother is a fixture in the Blues team, the Kangaroos. But Tom is not.
But what of the "third brother" - how old is he now? What style of player is he?
Ben is around the 17 or 18 years of age i think . Tall rangy back rower , N S W junior rep , so seems to have plenty of ability .

Tom T is no different to DCE, hot and cold.
they dont posses football brains ala, JT, Smith...
they play off the cusp , no different to a lottery, if it comes off great if not tough titties.
we have no game management co-ordination in the spine whatsoever
the only one we had was B.Green with a smart kicking game.

Tom T. will come good when the team start to settle. I dont think Croker is setting up the play necessary for Tom to have his impact. Hastings or Tom Wright need to be there. And Anderson for Uate.

He started badly in defence with the faders try under the posts ... but boy he has made up for it in attack

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2