Tom T is he that good.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now? No.
Soon? Maybe. 2 or 3 years more likely.
Later? Highly likely.
Potentially? Anything... if he can learn to defend something like Eadie, organise something like Turban-head and read a game something like Snake.

He has the rest.@:cool:

Last edited:
Now? No.
Soon? Maybe. 2 or 3 years more likely.
Later? Highly likely.
Potentially? Anything... if he can learn to defend something like Eadie, organise something like Turban-head and read a game something like Snake.

He has the rest.@:cool:
Hahha took me awhile to work out turban-head. I like it. Lol

He'll need a huge season. He'll have to cover for the lack of skill and x-factor lost with Croker and Wright in that backline. If HE goes down, we are in deep trouble.

We NEED Walker back, something fierce. We also need a 5/8.

Also need Lussick back. The team we have listed today - well, it's uninspiring.
Wow, give a Croker have a dozen games for us before heaping crap on him if he doesn’t cut it. He’s been given the nod ahead of Hastings for a reason.

Great in attack average in defence but improving.

Still learning his game, probably does too much of the hard yards as well, need to save some of that energy so he can get across field in defence quicker, Stewart and Slater were tremendous at this, make a tackle then sprint to the other side to be in position to grab the grubber kick.

As long as he keeps improving then i see no reasons for complaints and right now we do not have anyone better.

I just want to pose the question is the hype around this great young kid really warranted.

I’m not bagging him but last year he just seemed to be a strong first grader who at times could be accused of trying too hard.

But the media cream themselves about him at every opportunity. I read sporting news au last week rate him the number 1 fullback in the game ahead of slater and Boyd.

It worries me how much the media are building him up because they will be just as savage if he doesn’t meet their expectations.

I’d be interested in what everyone else thinks. We have definitely been spoilt with some great fullbacks and the kid has some massive shoes to fill with the snake retiring.
Wash your mouth out!

Wow, give a Croker have a dozen games for us before heaping crap on him if he doesn’t cut it. He’s been given the nod ahead of Hastings for a reason.

No worries - we can revisit. I have also seen him play I'd say 7-9 odd times btw. I'm not just saying that out of fun. What I'm hoping is he's developed (and Barrett DOES seem to get the best out of his boys) with us. If we get the Croker that couldn't make it back into The Raiders NYC team only a year or so ago, we are in trouble.

He is 21

I'll repeat that.......HE IS 21

The kid is an absolute monster who is 3-4 years away from being at his best.........Yes, believe the hype, I wouldn't swap Tom for any player in the competition

Slater was 20 when he debuted and 25 when he played his first test
Minnichello was 20 when he debuted and 23 when he played his first test
Minnichello was 18 when he debuted and 23 when he played his first test

I honestly don't know what people expect an immortal at 18?

I think he is as good...if not better...than many experts predict. Reason being...as Disco has pointed out, he is a kid.

I remember Billy Slater spent a couple of seasons in the Origin wildness and was pushed onto the wing at times. I remember the hype around James Tedesco when he first came on the scene at the Tigers and had done far less than Tom T has at the same age.

You only have to look at the statistics to know that he is going to be ridiculously effective. When he was 19-20 years old he was already running for more metres with the ball in his arms, than any other player in the competition...I'll say that again...any other player in the ENTIRE NRL. The audacity of a kid to have so many touches, so many try assists, so many tries and so many metres at such a young age, is testament to his talent.

I do not understand how his defence comes into questions when he is asked to make 1-2 tackles a game...lots of fullbacks struggle to stop a two on one. I haven't seem him steam rolled yet. As for positional play, unless he is horribly late to grubber kicks and the opposition kickers are constantly finding the turf, I don't think you can say his positional play is poor.

He made a costly error two years ago against the Dogs, where he struggled to get down to a rolling ball, and that apparently equates to him having hands like feet?

He is playing in the most demanding position in the game (outside of maybe the dominant half in a team) game, and he is having a huge impact already.

Watching him play u/20's was like going to an under 6's game and seeing a 10 foot tall Polynesian who looked 5 years older than everyone else, running around the field. He was so physically superior to others in that NYC competition that he was scoring 4 tries a game and running for over 400m a match.

I remember he stepped up to FG that night against the Broncos at Gosford Stadium when he was still 18. He took a kick return and was faced with the Broncos kick chase. Most 18 year olds just pray they don't get smashed and look for the ground as quick as possible. Tom T (all of 18 years old) ran full tilt in between two defenders and popped a one handed, through the gate and around the corner pass to send Foran up field for a try (it was inside our own 20m zone too). I knew that night that he was destined for greatness.

The best players are not always the most consistent and they make errors...but when the game is on the line, things happen around them...Tom T is like this. That night in Canberra when Winterstein went through, Tom was off the hip and caught the ball one handed (such is the confidence) and raced over for the try...a true match winner and a Manly champion to be!

I am expecting him to step up at least another gear this year and hopefully two. Improved ball play and better positioning in defence. Hopefully DCE has shown him how to throw a cut out ball, will need some new tricks as teams will be looking for the inside ball from his brother. Will be shocked if not picked for NSW this year

No worries - we can revisit. I have also seen him play I'd say 7-9 odd times btw. I'm not just saying that out of fun. What I'm hoping is he's developed (and Barrett DOES seem to get the best out of his boys) with us. If we get the Croker that couldn't make it back into The Raiders NYC team only a year or so ago, we are in trouble.
Thanks for clarifying. I see Barrett giving Croker a defined role early in the season and as he gains experience (and hopefully) confidence his responsibilities will increase. Jake T will take on some playmaking responsibilities and I think we will see a bit more general play kicking from Api.

I don’t know how people are questioning whether or not the hype is warranted. Already played for the Kangaroos, and if not for injury, would have played SOO last year. Put it this way, take him out of the side and see how we go. He will make Tedesco look B grade before too long. The closest comparison I can come up with for Turbo is Inglis.

Thanks for clarifying. I see Barrett giving Croker a defined role early in the season and as he gains experience (and hopefully) confidence his responsibilities will increase. Jake T will take on some playmaking responsibilities and I think we will see a bit more general play kicking from Api.

Barrett stated he'd give Croker protected minutes and roles. If you have a passenger in the team like that it never bodes well. I get the development piece. I'd rather see him tear the NSW Cup apart for a few rounds before he gets a shot though.

He's not explosion and impact like Foran. He'll be spot defended in my opinion if his form in Canberra is anything to go by, so I hope Thompson is ready to tackle for him.

I just don't get why Barrett thinks he is anywhere near ready. 5/8 is such a crucial role.

Then again, what do I know.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7