Tom T is he that good.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom is potentially a diamond that still needs a lot of polish imo. He has the attributes to be a truly excellent player but the fullback role is multi faceted and many attributes needed to be a genuine gun Tommy doesn't have. I'm not convinced of his positional play in defence and he's a quietish fella. The best fullbacks ie Slater today and our own Matthew Ridge back from the back all day long organising their players. Plus it's a double edged sword he's a giraffe...generally pretty good under the high ball but awkward off the deck. The way the commentators blow perpetual smoke up his butt doesn't help either. He's a work in progress and reality is he has a long way to go before he's the complete package. These comments might upset a few but its fact. Give the kid time.

Tom is potentially a diamond that still needs a lot of polish imo. He has the attributes to be a truly excellent player but the fullback role is multi faceted and many attributes needed to be a genuine gun Tommy doesn't have. I'm not convinced of his positional play in defence and he's a quietish fella. The best fullbacks ie Slater today and our own Matthew Ridge back from the back all day long organising their players. Plus it's a double edged sword he's a giraffe...generally pretty good under the high ball but awkward off the deck. The way the commentators blow perpetual smoke up his butt doesn't help either. He's a work in progress and reality is he has a long way to go before he's the complete package. These comments might upset a few but its fact. Give the kid time.

Remember he’s not a Rookie now.

Sublime skills but currently has way too many errors!

Sorry but only telling it as I see it.

Tom needs a mentor, the fix is not moving him from the back because he is too good to play centre, he has excellent passing and kicking skills just struggles to know when he should deploy them. He also lacks the knowledge to lead and talk from the back. Another thing a mentor could help with.

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
Tom needs a mentor, the fix is not moving him from the back because he is too good to play centre, he has excellent passing and kicking skills just struggles to know when he should deploy them. He also lacks the knowledge to lead and talk from the back. Another thing a mentor could help with.
Ridgey was a great talker at the back. You could be at the back of the grandstand and hear him barking orders. Get him in Tommy's ear....he could teach him how to kick goals while he's at it!

All I would like to see is year on year improving from young players like Tom. So far this season I haven’t seen it and I was expecting a bit more on the back of him spending time in the Kangaroos’ camp and learning from some of the experienced players there. Hopefully he can get going soon ...

Snake would have been a good mentor ..... except he seems to hate the club and he became a dick.

Tom is not going to lift us on his own,in fact none of our players will.We play better when the whole team is on fire.In fact when our whole team has our heads screwed on we can beat any side in this competition.I fail to see why we single players out because it don’t work like that unless more than one player is trying.We all know he has the ability but that’s where it ends on an individual basis.Our history this year so far clearly shows this.What we think of Tom as a player will make no difference to anything unless everyone in the side is on fire and that’s when Tom can come out and shine.Just like anyone in our side.Everyone has a job to do.I would love to see us not give stupid penalties away and stop dropping simple balls and biggest of all stop getting frustrated.We need to hold ground and if one team gives it to us then we need to give it back every time not just on occasions.None of our players are very consistent let alone Tom.

I cant believe all the doom & gloom about Tom. Yes he had a bad game, but he had plenty of friends there. Who else from our squad would you suggest should be the fullback? You can guarantee that TB will not move him from there & I am right behind him on that call.

Duffy is a class above above Tom, like it or not.

Tom makes way too many mistakes in both attack and defence.

He is a work in progress but is the most overrated player in the NRL.

Geez everyone is getting on the Dufty bandwagon. Sure hes got pace, and it certainly helps playing in a team that is firing like the dragons..
But fair dinkum hes only been in first grade for 5 mins, hardly been tested against the big guns.. Wonder if hes gonna be able to handle the rigours of first grade week in week out with that tiny frame.
Yes Turbo has some deficiencies he needs to work on as ive pointed out, but if I was to choose between the two I know who I'm taking in a heartbeat..

He's got some dadgum learnin' to do.
And at his age so he should.

Is Tom T that good ?
He has all the attributes there is no dought about that as we have seen all those attributes in full glory
I do have patience with players with undeniable talent as they fully reward us in the end .

It'a Hunt and Widdop steering them around like vets that's winning games for them.

Compare that to us right now with one half who isn't suited to the role of organising the team the team (Cherry) and another (Croker) who is just way too green to do that job and its questionable as to whether he will ever be suited to that role.

I dare say, put Hastings at 5/8 to steer the team around which would free up DCE to play his natural game (and hopefully relieve Tom of any kicking game), and the Tom Turbo we know - the running Tom - will re-appear.

What is it his second full year of first grade? I think it is more a case of him being more heavily marked (on the coverage you can hear them yelling out turbo every time he gets near the ball)

I think he has the class to adjust but it does take time...something you do not get on this forum

• 👍
Reactions: R3
He's down on confidence and probably read a bit too much of his own press over the offseason. I just hope he's been training hard and isn't getting complacent because he's so naturally talented.

He's on the big coin, he should be doing better. He's had a very average season so far.

Twenty seems to be trying to play Tom in a ballplayer (first) runner (second) role instead of the other way around.
That's a major change to how played "growing up".

Pretty sure its due to Frog being the 5/8th, but he seems to raw to handle that change at the moment.

Tom is heads and shoulders the best running fullback in the NRL, and thats what gets the fans and journos screaming his name as the next "insert immortal". However, he is mid pack for ball playing, bottom half for kicking and probably mid pack at best for reading defence.

The pundits choose to overlook things in order to generate excitement, and so do we punters.

Tommy needs some work. I wish Snake was around to help him.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7