Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

brad

First Grader
We can win a comp without a washed up superleague discarded 32yr old with a bad behaviour sheet as long as they come....
Not worth the risk to what Baz is trying to achieve.

Dce, Croker, Hastings, Metcalf, Siro, Wright.

We'll do just fine without giving this bloke his 7th club to "mature" at.
I see your point, but No one has been in more clubs then slim dusty mate and he could still sing .

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader
We can win a comp without a washed up superleague discarded 32yr old with a bad behaviour sheet as long as they come....
Not worth the risk to what Baz is trying to achieve.

Dce, Croker, Hastings, Metcalf, Siro, Wright.

We'll do just fine without giving this bloke his 7th club to "mature" at.
He’s an absolute shadow of the player he once was, no doubt about it. If we got him cheap so be it... but he’s nowhere near the level of DCE and other elite halves. Rather we go with Croker or Hastings myself.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
He’s an absolute shadow of the player he once was, no doubt about it. If we got him cheap so be it... but he’s nowhere near the level of DCE and other elite halves. Rather we go with Croker or Hastings myself.

I must admit I have mixed feelings about this issue. Certainly if Croker/Hastings are ready for first grade, and to handle such a crucial position, I would agree with you KW777. I'm just worried that if we find they are not, that this puts a lot of extra pressure on DCE and shortens his lifespan in the game. Maybe the trials will give us a clearer picture.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I must admit I have mixed feelings about this issue. Certainly if Croker/Hastings are ready for first grade, and to handle such a crucial position, I would agree with you KW777. I'm just worried that if we find they are not, that this puts a lot of extra pressure on DCE and shortens his lifespan in the game. Maybe the trials will give us a clearer picture.

Relax big fella, the difference between a good 5/8 and an Ok 5/8 isn't that great ... it's not like with one you win every game and with the other you lose every game.

In '16 with the worlds worst 5/8 and a different spine every week we were still a possible for the 8 with 5 games left. Either Hastings or Croker will be strong in some facets and inexperienced in others, but both will go good enough or better.

They are both experienced in the position and Baz has had a full preseason to adapt game patterns and tactics to suite. What they may lack in finesse they will make up for with speed and enthusiasm.

Even Green last year, according to match day posting, was a hero or a mug.

Green went Ok, but he didn't set the bar that high that either one of these young'uns can't better.

Bring it on.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Relax big fella, the difference between a good 5/8 and an Ok 5/8 isn't that great ... it's not like with one you win every game and with the other you lose every game.

In '16 with the worlds worst 5/8 and a different spine every week we were still a possible for the 8 with 5 games left. Either Hastings or Croker will be strong in some facets and inexperienced in others, but both will go good enough or better.

They are both experienced in the position and Baz has had a full preseason to adapt game patterns and tactics to suite. What they may lack in finesse they will make up for with speed and enthusiasm.

Green went Ok, but he didn't set the bar that high that either one of these young'uns can't better.

Bring it on.
They may be both experienced in their position at school level and junior level but not experienced at NRL level. Crocker has one game NRL experience back in 2016 and Hastings has 44 NRL games experience playing mostly off the bench . This is why we are chasing our one legged experienced friend Hodko . Its all about the risk factor and this is why we all should always carry condoms with us every where we go .

Kevinward777

First Grader
Yeah, the trials will be interesting. I’m assuming it will make a couple of things clearer. 1 it should show us which way Baz is leaning when it comes to Croker and Hastings. And 2 it will give the boys a chance to prove whether or not they are up to it. The big thing for me is that both the boys have had a full pre-season to learn the role and work on combinations with Cherry and the other players. IF we end up getting Hodko or Carney, they will be joining us very late, and as such would be hugely disadvantaged by not having a full off season. So, on that basis alone I would much prefer we started the season with Croker or Jackson.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Yeah, the trials will be interesting. I’m assuming it will make a couple of things clearer. 1 it should show us which way Baz is leaning when it comes to Croker and Hastings. And 2 it will give the boys a chance to prove whether or not they are up to it. The big thing for me is that both the boys have had a full pre-season to learn the role and work on combinations with Cherry and the other players. IF we end up getting Hodko or Carney, they will be joining us very late, and as such would be hugely disadvantaged by not having a full off season. So, on that basis alone I would much prefer we started the season with Croker or Jackson.
I agree about starting the young guys but it is a long season and when I go on a long road trip I take a couple of litres of extra motor oil......

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Both Experienced and proven Hodko and Carney have been chosen in representative games where they had one to two weeks to adjust to fitting in with new team members and it wont be new to them . Nothing is new to big match representative experienced players . They have been there and done it all.
Interesting how we all see things differently . This forum gives us all the opportunity to spill our guts

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

Bring it on.

What I want to know is how you know I'm big Woodsie? Do you know me?

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20