Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
What I find interesting is that people on here and other clubs' supporters seem fine with supporting/accepting players who have committed serious criminal offences such as domestic abuse,drug use/trafficking and drink driving(yes some are at our club and others not,and yes Carney was a drink driver,and some were targeted by our club for a contract,I will not name names{insert Seinfeld joke here}but we all know them).Yet we refuse to tolerate/forgive a guy who in the last 5-6 yrs(maybe less) has done nothing apart from get drunk and allow someone to take a stupid video.Whether he is a goose or not and whether we need him or not,I think he is worth a shot as at least a backup on a one yr low level contract.Maybe he has not reformed but I can't say for certain that other players currently playing have reformed.
Yeh , each to their own Smokin Joe. Dean Martin didn't mind a drink . He did all right ;)
Dean Martin with a bottle of wine_.jpg

Carney has the special talent of being self-hydrating. No need to keep going for the water bottle during breaks in play. Just pull it out and guzzle away.
By the way bubbler . How many times do you pull it out son ? and what do you do with it ? :rofl:

These folks weren't too distressed to learn he was leaving:
http://deviltalk.co.uk/thread/747/todd-carney

This one probably sums it up the best...unless one just wants to hate him of course.:)

icon-options.png

Post by Carnster on Aug 17, 2017 at 3:20pm
Maybe this is an opportunity for all parties. Todd gets to go back home, which he's wanted, and Salford free-up cap space and a quota spot. Everyone's a winner.

While I think he's a great player he seems somewhat distracted while he's been here. He's shown flashes of what makes him a great player, but if his heart is in Australia then good luck to him.

Based on the views of those who know his English form best, he would be a back-up emergency option for us at best. Especially noting that he hasn't even had the benefit of an NRL pre-season to get fit, let alone getting used to a new team.

These folks weren't too distressed to learn he was leaving:
http://deviltalk.co.uk/thread/747/todd-carney
You just described what we are looking for,an experienced player who can be utilized in an emergency(or could be a little better).I didn't see anything too damning in those comments,looks like his heart was in Oz.Many people here thought 12 months ago that Api,Sirro and Uate could not play either....

The thing with Carney, he has done some stupid stuff that has affected his profile . Drink driving is not good and could have had irreparable consequences , luckily for him and maybe for some other humans this did not occur. A current Cronulla player can abuse and threaten young referees , have initials of free a one punch killer written on his arm on game day , for everyone to see , refuse to play for the country he is chosen in on the world stage i could go on . The nrl just sweep these serial offenders problems under the carpet with little more a slap on the wrist . Todd Carney did some stupid things but deserves another chance .

Sorry Woodsie, you can't ruin it for me but it will be 7th time lucky with the Eagles. Carney has signed with the Raiders, Roosters, Sharks, Catalans, Salford and Northern Pride.

Yeah, consider yourself not ruined .... when I read Batty's post saying Dragons I thought that was the ST.G ones .... serves me right for not doing my homework.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8