Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
Some of us r beating the Carney drum hard ,me as stated previously not so much:)as u all know.I do rate him as a player or rated him past tense.If he comes as a teacher football wise to our young halfs i can see a role,but we havent seen Croker play yet an what i would hate to happen is for him to deprive Croker his chance to flourish an develop

Sea Eagle 4 Life

Reserve Grader
A Roosters mate of mine says that Carney carried the Roosters all the way to the 2010 GF. Pearce did not have much to do with it. I know that it is 7 years on, but at only $100k, what could go wrong in signing Carney?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sushi springs to mind

"Springs".... Spring rolls!

Todd, 102 pages buddy and despite some on here not wanting you I think overall you’d be welcome.

I’d be starting that walk if I was you, you should make it by early March

Walk...march ..... I get it! Sheesh you and your puns. Don't try and claim it was an accident!!!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Speaking of Walks, anyone know what is the latest indication of Dylan"s expected return to footy for Manly.

Think that was covered off by TBaz in one of those interviews , round 5 or 6 , at this stage ( but I’d be surprised if it’s not much later).

manly al

First Grader
Think that was covered off by TBaz in one of those interviews , round 5 or 6 , at this stage ( but I’d be surprised if it’s not much later).
Thanks for the info , not ideal by any means but hopefully whoever Baz selects in the centres in his absence can play at a necessary competitive fixture level . Manly of course need Dylan back to his best and in terms of his recovery, as long as is required no doubt.

manly al

First Grader
If Carney comes in over the next two weeks I'd still expect Croker to be 5/8 in round 1, it is his spot to lose or Carneys to earn
I know that Carney has quite a degree of experience but still a considerable transition to slot straight into an N R L first grade role . Should still have enough to offer at N R L level and can only be a helpful outcome if he can be in the Manly playing squad relatively soon .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know that Carney has quite a degree of experience but still a considerable transition to slot straight into an N R L first grade role . Should still have enough to offer at N R L level and can only be a helpful outcome if he can be in the Manly playing squad relatively soon .

Even if we sign Carney I feel Croker will be our 5/8 for at least the first 3-4 games whilst Carney trains with the side and gets to understand the plays etc.

But yes any delay by the NRL just adds to that time frame.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16