To win a premiership, which halfbacks would you prefer instead of DCE?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which halfbacks would you prefer instead of DCE?

• Mitch Moses

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Jerome Hughes

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Adam Reynolds

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Sam Walker

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Luke Keary

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Adam Reynolds

• Tom Dearden

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Kieran Foran

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Nicho Hynes

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Nathan Cleary

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • Chad Townsend

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I dont believe any of those halfbacks would have made a difference to our current squad
Foran tried to no avail .
I do not believe any halfback will win the comp at Manly if there are no changes to our playing group and our playing style

Foran
Mitch Moses​

Ben Hunt
Jerome Hughes

Adam Reynolds​

Sam Walker
Luke Keary
Adam Reynolds

Tom Deardon​

Nicho Hynes​

Nathan Cleary​

Chad Townsend​

I watched a replay of the 2011 GF the other day. If not for this GF win the monkey of DCE back would be enormous. And although DCE played well in this game & was involved in a couple of tries it was startling as to how little he controlled things as a young halfback and how much he leant on guys like Foran or Lyon or both Stewart's. He was a 2nd fiddle sort of halfback in those days. understandable being young but he hasn't really matured greatly as a footballer ( as a leader yes )

I am as critical of DCE as anybody and I don't think he's anywhere near the top level of halfbacks and he never has been and never will be thanks to his lack of game management and the panic that infects his game.

BUT there is no chance we can find a replacement in the short term. Halfbacks are like Giant Sea turtles they take ages to develop and you have to think long term.

Our best bet is to pick a young one and hope he is good to go in 2 to 3 years. Jayden Sullivan from the Dragons would be one I'd look out for and let develop. But it's pot luck.

I think we're missing the point here as to whether we need a new half to be more competitive, we really need two front rowers that the opposition would be scared of, we let AFB go, and all the rest are timid.

Yes I know. She and Ivan are an example of ‘Like for Like’, or ‘Similars Attract’.
Indeed we are off topic here ( but that's a good thing given how Manly are disintegrating ).

Always puzzled me when you see couples how the two short people get married, the two big noses get married, the two skyscrapers......

Always thought it's be smarter if the big chin met the no chin and then two problems are solved for the next generation..... but people really do prefer to look at a version of themselves all day every day. Spooky how often is happens. > 50% for mine.

Indeed we are off topic here ( but that's a good thing given how Manly are disintegrating ).

Always puzzled me when you see couples how the two short people get married, the two big noses get married, the two skyscrapers......

Always thought it's be smarter if the big chin met the no chin and then two problems are solved for the next generation..... but people really do prefer to look at a version of themselves all day every day. Spooky how often is happens. > 50% for mine.
The showbiz equivalent (of the Cleary’s) would be if Kirk Douglas married the Wicked Witch of the West (aka Margaret Hamilton). Talk about some chinwork. Or chinwagging.

I dont believe any of those halfbacks would have made a difference to our current squad​

Foran tried to no avail .​

I do not believe any halfback will win the comp at Manly if there are no changes to our playing group and our playing style​

Foran​

Mitch Moses​

Ben Hunt
Jerome Hughes

Adam Reynolds​

Sam Walker
Luke Keary
Adam Reynolds

Tom Deardon​

Nicho Hynes​

Nathan Cleary​

Chad Townsend​

Are you really comparing apples with grapes here

foran and dce

the reality is i would have loved foran and an extra 850 - 900 to spend on the cap, which is what the swap would be about. That and the money set aside for fainu would have left us with some sweet hooker money and extra for a good prop,

Are you really comparing apples with grapes here

foran and dce

the reality is i would have loved foran and an extra 850 - 900 to spend on the cap, which is what the swap would be about. That and the money set aside for fainu would have left us with some sweet hooker money and extra for a good prop,
No feathered I am comparing Foran with Foran

We had Foran but we did not make the 8

I am not blaming Foran for this

I was just stating that any halves with half a quality team will not flourish

He has the ability to control a game, to steal back momentum, to make the play when the play is needed, all of which are the trademarks of all the good halves.

No, the above comment was attributed to Ben Hunt. That could be argued, but let's be honest, that sentence wont ever be linked with DCE

He has the ability to control a game, to steal back momentum, to make the play when the play is needed, all of which are the trademarks of all the good halves.

No, the above comment was attributed to Ben Hunt. That could be argued, but let's be honest, that sentence wont ever be linked with DCE
DCE's momentum wresting trick shot is a 40/20. Great when it works, but he overplays it IMO. Especially those early tackle count attempts - they kill us when it doesn't work. If his 40/20's don't come off he doesn't have much else in the bag. Ironically Ben Hunt is leading the 40/20 stats this season. I'm not sure it's a stat that anyone tracks, but I'd love to see 40/20 success rate vs number of attempts.

Honestly beg Anyone to take him, pay 100k freight if needed. Next year is a complete right off anyway with most clubs rosters sorted. Use Humphreys.

Look to 2024 and use his money wisely. 600k towards best upcoming half ( not sure who). Use other 600k to strengthen other areas. Maybe look to UK..

And never ever give another player a 10yr contract, what a disaster..

Whatever happened with Madden from the tigers? Wasn't he coming to us at some point?

Asking for a friend 😉

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6