To win a premiership, which halfbacks would you prefer instead of DCE?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which halfbacks would you prefer instead of DCE?

• Mitch Moses

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Jerome Hughes

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Adam Reynolds

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Sam Walker

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Luke Keary

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Adam Reynolds

• Tom Dearden

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Kieran Foran

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Nicho Hynes

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Nathan Cleary

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • Chad Townsend

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The interesting thing for me with his extension is that I haven’t read how much he is rumoured to be on in that time.Normally there’s always someone in the media that reveals a figure,right or wrong,but I must of missed this news.If he’s on less than a million a year for that contract,I’d be happy with that
yes his future deal is like the lochness monster talked about alot but never really revealed ,I would also like to know if the fact we gave him 2 more years if there was a discount applied to 2023 as part of the deal ,or maybe they cant do that ? But anyway I hope its at least 30-40% discount on what he is on now

The interesting thing for me with his extension is that I haven’t read how much he is rumoured to be on in that time.Normally there’s always someone in the media that reveals a figure,right or wrong,but I must of missed this news.If he’s on less than a million a year for that contract,I’d be happy with that
If they extended him for another 2 years on anything north of $500k they are dumber than I gave them credit for. Signing him was crazy enough, if they are paying him anywhere near 7 figures they have completely lost the plot. What are we paying Foran for these last couple of years ?? 300-400k ?? That's value for money

Barrett really changed the way DCE played didn’t he.

He was so dominant from 2011-2015. Then the slide happened and the crabbing sideways, poor choices with kicks, passing to players not in better positions etc…

He also seems to get pressure put on his kicking game more and more from the defence. Other teams have the player on the 4th tackle with leg speed. This keeps the 5th tackle defence back and time for the kicker. We seem to have a plodder, or a back that gets easily dominated giving the marks and easy run at DCE.

He’s just not the same anymore.

Coincidentally that timeline aligns with when he was playing alongside Foran...

I would actually argue it's more down to the "dynasty" squad leaving which forced DCE into the main playmaking role rather than Barrett's coaching. Although Barrett's coaching definitely didn't help.

So do the Riff, if I was Jock, I know where I’d be headed.
Wait behind their 2 halves for a few years and live out at Penrith or live on the Northern peninsula and having a certain starting position.
Yeah ,I know where I would rather be too.

If DCE was to retire & as much as Moses is disliked (only coz her plays for the Eels) I'd have him at a pinch. Has a great kicking game, kicks goals for fun, speed, great attacking skills. He'd be dynamic i think in Maroon & White!

Wait behind their 2 halves for a few years and live out at Penrith or live on the Northern peninsula and having a certain starting position.
Yeah ,I know where I would rather be too.
I guess we’ll find out what he chooses soon enough!

If DCE was to retire & as much as Moses is disliked (only coz her plays for the Eels) I'd have him at a pinch. Has a great kicking game, kicks goals for fun, speed, great attacking skills. He'd be dynamic i think in Maroon & White!
Yep. His petulance would become passion.

Votes Are In!

There were 56 participants in this multi choice poll. 32 preferred Cleary over DCE, 23 preferred Hynes over DCE, 22 preferred Reynolds over DCE, 21 preferred Hughes over DCE while 4 voted that there be no change.

Hynes had an outstanding game against us last weekend - 2 tries, 6 goals, 2 try assists, 130 run metres. He was a steady hand steering the Cronulla ship. IMO, he would be the perfect half to help Manly climb the ladder. Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen (at least in the forseeable future).

I’d play Humphrys. I still can’t understand why DCE doesn’t kick to the corners when he does kick. That tactic nullified Slater when we won 40 nil over the Storm. DCE always kicks down the middle, giving the ball to the opposing fb time to run and bust up the middle.

I'm not sure we would be able to field 3 halfbacks instead of DCE. You're only usually allowed one and if there was a loophole Melbourne would have already found it. Cleary is obviously the best but I have nagging doubts about him, something to do with how he has got a lot bigger quite quickly, his permanent acne and the neanderthal like forehead. They are usually warning signs for something that I can't quite put my finger on
You could be looking for the following word:

Inbreeding.

In all seriousness, his mum’s chin gives Ivan’s a run for its money, so what chance did the youngster have?

Yep, but make Turbo captain. Not sure how many NRL captains have been in charge for more than 6 years, but simple fact is the side hasn't been on a clear upward trajectory under his leadership, and for a variety of reasons a significant shakeup is needed in the place.
I think he's still one of the top halfbacks, and way better than anyone else we are likely to get at this time.
What happens if Turbo goes down for half a season with a suspected sore throat? Or a suspected broken toenail?

What happens if Turbo goes down for half a season with a suspected sore throat? Or a suspected broken toenail?
Lol, the shoulder injury has nothing to do with being injury prone, could happen to anyone falling the way he did. But fair point, over the last 4 seasons he's only played 44 out of a possible 99, and several of those he failed to finish.
How about co-captains?
Probably won't happen, and anyway as someone here mentioned, let's wait for the dust to settle, the squad might look quite different a month or 2 from now.

Maybe bring back Lewis Brown he sure was a fan favourite.

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

But seriously Cust is my pick and has always been it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2