Pre-Game Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 56
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Jun 2021 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thin Keppie will play 13 for the first 30 minutes and then Walker to play there for the rest of the game.
Great! One of the worst defenders in our team defending in the middle for 50 minutes against one of the best packs in the comp.

Lawton to 13 and Kelpie starts in the 2nd row. The path with the least team disruption is best. Let Walker play the last 15 min and Give Kelpie a rest.

It's bad enough our injury toll during games but this bullsh*t just continues at training. WTF is going on. How many have we lost during training this year. For fu**sake.
He’ ll be fine in a couple of weeks…. He slipped over in the shower after training!

just sayin’

Even with Jake out if we are serious about playing finals footy this is a must win game for us.

we get beat tomorrow we fall right back into the pack fighting for the top 8, win by any margin we are one game of 5th.

this will test whether we have learnt from the disaster of the knights game.

Last edited:
Jake is rarely out of our team.

Will be very interesting to see how our middles hold up in defence and how our attack will look like as Jake is our link man.
Think we will truly see his value to our team and how much we miss him.

still think we may jag a win but now this very much becomes a danger game. I would be happy with any win tomorow.

Last edited:
Win and we are two games clear of 7th and one game from 5th placed chooks
That is why in my eyes tomorrow is such a crucial game, we don't win we drop right back to the team's fighting for the 8, we win as you said it gives us some very much needed buffer from the teams below us.

Big big game tomorrow

Last edited:
Great! One of the worst defenders in our team defending in the middle for 50 minutes against one of the best packs in the comp.

Lawton to 13 and Kelpie starts in the 2nd row. The path with the least team disruption is best. Let Walker play the last 15 min and Give Kelpie a rest.

My goodness 40. I didn't think Walker was one of our worst defenders. Not our best certainly, but he filled in at 5/8 which requires heavy work in defence and he didn't let the side down. Mind you I don't think he's a good 5/8, fairly reasonable at best and a little small for lock so on those grounds I agree.

I'd like to see Turbo target Kelly in attack. He's good for a missed tackle and letting the odd try in. I don't think they defend well on his inside either. Opening gaps for our edge runners.

That is why in my eyes tomorrow is such a crucial game, we don't win we drop right back to the team's fighting for the 8, we win as you said it gives us some very much needed buffer from the teams below us.

Big big game tomorrow
MIGOTY

My goodness 40. I didn't think Walker was one of our worst defenders. Not our best certainly, but he filled in at 5/8 which requires heavy work in defence and he didn't let the side down. Mind you I don't think he's a good 5/8, fairly reasonable at best and a little small for lock so on those grounds I agree.
Agree, He’s going to be best in the last 15 min of both halves when the touch footy starts.

Big big game tomorrow
Crucial game perspective.......

We can either fight for the top 8

Or strive for the top 4

As we know Grand finals are generally won from the top 4 .

Look at the comp ladder
We have the mongrels who are breathing down our neck and the other bastards above us winning and consolidating the top 4. So we must keep winning every game .

Each time we surrender to any team and lose another game we also lose another chance of progressing as a finals threat

Losing is never an option . We must play to win every game as though our life depends on each win as what is life as a loser ?

Teams do not win against us
We lose against them
We have a choice not to surrender
If we do not surrender they can not beat us .

You cannot beat a team that never gives up
Let us be that Manly Mother fcker team !!!

There are a few must win games each year but this isn't one of them. The focus for Manly at this stage is improving as a team and individually.
The fact it is not a must win game actually makes it more of a challenge!

I do agree with this - I think last week’s game against the Cowboys with us coming in on equal points and a chance to create a bit of a gap to those other teams chasing a top 8 spot was more crucial.

In saying that though, it’s our captains 250th game so I’m sure the boys will be up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4