Game Day: Titans v Manly [Round 15, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro ... do you have 40-0 on the back of your cap? .... if so you were a few rows in front of me ... I have 40-0 on the front of mine .... I was wearing an old Pioneer jersey, white with maroon hoops ... great to see so much maroon and white in the crowd

No Clapton is god, ginger was the drummer

The resemblance is closer than I thought:

images

2 quick things watching the highlights:

1) titans second try; AFB could have wrapped Kelly up but you could see he didn't want to get penalised for a 'flop' or something so took his arms away allowing Kelly to pass off the ground, and

2) When the full time siren sounds and the Manly player is on his back with two tacklers on him, Wallace walks over, flops down on him and shoves his forearm into his face like the dog he is. What a wanker.

Siren has gone, Wallace is over on the left...
4Kh7eNe.png

A few seconds later.... after walking over and in front of the ref. Wallace does this...

x5nCxVr.jpg

edit: Apparently there are just good friends. :)

Though Wallace still smells.

1) titans second try; AFB could have wrapped Kelly up but you could see he didn't want to get penalised for a 'flop' or something so took his arms away allowing Kelly to pass off the ground, and

2) When the full time siren sounds and the Manly player is on his back with two tacklers on him, Wallace walks over, flops down on him and shoves his forearm into his face like the dog he is. What a wanker.

Siren has gone, dog is over on the left...
4Kh7eNe.png

A few seconds later.... after walking over and in front of the ref. Wallace does this...

x5nCxVr.jpg

I also saw that. And take a look at the ref, looking right down at it and his reaction was.....nothing.

If that had been AFB or Marty doing that to a Tits player, the media would be blowing up big time about it.

Siren has gone, dog is over on the left...
4Kh7eNe.png

x5nCxVr.jpg
Didnt Elliot play for the titans? I thought he was just sorta saying gday. No malice in it.

I don't feel sorry for them, the Coke Coast has always been a disaster , right from the very day they pillaged Ron Gibbs from us.
The morons the NRL farked up big time in re admitting them rather than a second Brisbane team, they panicked when the Gold Coast Suns got the AFL license there, and they've been a huge success NOT

Coke Coast lol. Can’t get into a toilet in Sydney CBD these days.Its more common than a schooner.Gold Coast is a minnow. Sydney is one of the coke capitals of the world.

There are a lot of passionate rugby league supporters up here who want a team to support or access to the team they do. Ask the thousands of Manly fans at the game today if they want the Titans to survive. The coast is home to a huge number of ex players and supporters.Clubs like the Titans are important for keeping the game alive for the many league fans (and more importantly their kids ) in the area who support other sides.

Throw in the fact that it is one of the premier junior nurseries in the country( Gold Coast side murdered Illawarra in U18s national final a couple of weeks ago , an Illawarrra side that beat our team of future stars) ,has two or three of the best league schools in the country, Burleigh is a powerhouse in Q Cup and it’s obvious it’s an area that needs preserving.

In the early years when winning they were getting some of the best crowds in the comp. It was a fantastic day out there.They more than any club needs to be a success on the field.

Have a look at our crowds in recent years when we were getting flogged. Not sure we are in a position to put the boot in.We are in the conversation for relocation more than the Titans are or extinction. It’s a tough market out there for all the clubs and as a traditionalist I hope they work it out.

Last edited:
Jethro ... do you have 40-0 on the back of your cap? .... if so you were a few rows in front of me ... I have 40-0 on the front of mine .... I was wearing an old Pioneer jersey, white with maroon hoops ... great to see so much maroon and white in the crowd
Nope, that wasn't me. I was wearing my MWRLFC cap and my maroon 2011 Kaspersky jersey. We were sitting in the front row at about the 32m point. I wouldn't recommend sitting in the front row there. The Titans Ball Kids were a pain in the arse. There were three of them and they would stand or keep walking around in front of us blocking our view and if it wasn't them, it was the FOX camera crew.

Coke Coast lol. Can’t get into a toilet in Sydney CBD these days.Its more common than a schooner.

There are a lot of passionate rugby league supporters up here who want a team to support or access to the team they do. Ask the eight thousand Manly fans at the game today if they want the titans to survive. The coast is home to a huge number of ex players and supporters.

Throw in the fact that it is one of the premier junior nurseries in the country and it’s an area that needs preserving.

In the early years when winning they were getting some of the best crowds in the comp. It was a fantastic day out there.They more than any club needs to be a success on the field.

Have a look at our crowds in recent years when we were getting flogged. Not sure we are in a position to put the boot in.We are in the conversation for relocation more than the Titans atr for extinction. It’s a tough market out there for all the clubs and as a traditionalist I hope they work it out.
Leauge is alive and well on the Gold Coast.
Junior leauge keeps producing talent, Keebra and palm beach have no shortage of nrl players.
Burleigh and Tweed in the QRL go alright. Burleigh and tweed have both won in the last 10 years or so. Titans fans will grow organically as there are a lot of kids who have grown up for more than ten years now only knowing the titans. The region has consistently been one of the fastest growing in the country.

Yes the titans are not a polished product and struggle with consistency / injuries, but now they have some good people on the board.

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Junior leauge keeps producing talent, Keebra and palm beach have no shortage of nrl players.
Burleigh and Tweed in the QRL go alright. Burleigh and tweed have both won in the last 10 years or so. Titans fans will grow organically as there are a lot of kids who have grown up for more than ten years now only knowing the titans. The region has consistently been one of the fastest growing in the country.

Yes the titans are not a polished product and struggle with consistency / injuries, but now they have some good people on the board.
Ballina’s kelly is their best player

Yep the owners have serious cash and a genuine desire to improve. I know the Frizelles and they are passionate for this team to succeed.

The key is getting an elite coach. Just as Des has turned us around. GC has never had that sort of leader.

Yep the owners have serious cash and a genuine desire to improve. I know the Frizelles and they are passionate for this team to succeed.

The key is getting an elite coach. Just as Des has turned us around. GC has never had that sort of leader.

They have the right owners and board in place, Meninga is a huge plus, Thier juniors are returning to play for them, they just need a headline coach to add polish to the squad.
If they were to get a top of the tree coach and be successful the crowds would support them.

We were sitting in the front row at about the 32m point. I wouldn't recommend sitting in the front row there. The Titans Ball Kids were a pain in the arse. There were three of them and they would stand or keep walking around in front of us blocking our view and if it wasn't them, it was the FOX camera crew.

Well next time don't steal my first post position and I wont have to put in a call to my friends on the gold coast.

:p

(kidding)

Also noticing that Chez was hooker on the RHS of the field.

Bugger, Elliott's pass to Chez with the line open still looks :fubar:

Cade's long pass to Jorge was Alan Thompson like :clap:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4