Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree that Harper is the question mark to an extent...Parker is certainly more safe in this team but one thing about Harper is his youth and inexperience. It’s no surprise that the longer the year has progressed, the poorer he has gone...that to me is a sign of fatigue. Mental and physical. It’s a huge ask for a rookie to come in and play a long long season away from home with all the disruptions.
Souths Sydneys rookie fullback had three games this year and he handled the pressure like a pro .

Parker is competent in defence but he is no threat what so ever in attack .

We will agree to disagree

We lost . Our season is over and I am devastated

You can argue he has the benefit of 50 more games as well

The comparison was made with Parker

This is what I believe ..
Speed is King and I like good competent defensive backs that have speed and line breaking ability because we cannot afford to be a one man team and rely on Tommy all the time .
I hear what your saying bud but we have Saab, Garrick and Turbo... you also need good defenders..
Saab - love him but no...
Garrick - decent but FM some of his efforts under a high ball (and not just tonight)
Suli - he's gone anyhoo but he gives space and gets beat on his outside all the time
Harper - as I said, been great at times, but his one-on-one misses tonight and against storm are just not good enough...
Parker - occasionally comes in at the wrong time but gets it right more often than not and he is brilliant under a high ball and a genuinely finisher...

I hear what your saying bud but we have Saab, Garrick and Turbo... you also need good defenders..
Saab - love him but no...
Garrick - decent but FM some of his efforts under a high ball (and not just tonight)
Suli - he's gone anyhoo but he gives space and gets beat on his outside all the time
Harper - as I said, been great at times, but his one-on-one misses tonight and against storm are just not good enough...
Parker - occasionally comes in at the wrong time but gets it right more often than not and he is brilliant under a high ball and a genuinely finisher...
Saab and Turbo need to be fed . When they shut out Turbo who feeds them ?

Their centres need to feed them with line breaking capabilities

We need to improve as a team next season to go one better and those areas need improvement as well

Who did not play tonight? How is that relevant / how can you "judge" a player who was not there?
I was replying to snakes post who quotes this ..
.Parker will never be a world beater but he is actually a lot like Campbell Graham; big, good defender, not overly fast or flashy.

I Have seen both Parker and Graham play many times

I was replying to snakes post who quotes this ..
.Parker will never be a world beater but he is actually a lot like Campbell Graham; big, good defender, not overly fast or flashy.

I Have seen both Parker and Graham play many times
So you like him then? Have lost me here bozo

It’d be interesting to see how he goes if he gets an opportunity but I don’t think we need to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. Harper will develop. Still very young and inexperienced. Parker is a really strong defender and will be going around again...I actually think all this talk about our edge defence masks some bigger problems, like a lack of go forward and momentum in the ruck and poor line speed in the middle (apart from Walker).
Gotta admit that our forwards, who I have viewed as our strength, got found out tonight...

Souths Sydneys rookie fullback had three games this year and he handled the pressure like a pro .

Parker is competent in defence but he is no threat what so ever in attack .

We will agree to disagree

We lost . Our season is over and I am devastated
Taafe hasn’t had the grind of a long season which is kinda the point I’m making. Experience as in, dealing with the mental and physical fatigue of a long season, not so much handling the moment.

But I get it...you don’t rate our centres and sure they are not the best in the comp, but I think the pack is a bigger problem and i think tonight showed that regardless of wether we have Suli or Parker, it’s not gonna be the difference between a win and a loss.

This is what I believe ..
Speed is King and I like good competent defensive backs that have speed and line breaking ability because we cannot afford to be a one man team and rely on Tommy all the time .
Just playing devils advocate here. This means I am not endorsing, but simply brainstorming on centre options for 2022.
Option 1 - Stick with Parker and Harper.
Option 2 - Drop Harper and bring Walker back as right centre with Parker on the left.
Option 3 - Drop Parker and put Walker in as left centre with Harper as right centre.
Option 4 - Drop Parker and Harper and trial new centre combinations.

If option 4 is seriously considered who are we looking at to replace them?
Tuipoluto?
Koula?
Burbo?

Option 5 - New centre/s from outside the squad?

Option 6 - Or do we try some left field options?
Schuster?
Bullemore?

Bullemore played most of his junior football in league and union as a centre. He came into the forwards only recently. If we are looking for a power centre is he a reasonable option?

Schuster's attacking impact has been blunted by the work he does in the backrow. With a preseason that focuses on developing speed and tapering his body shape, he could certainly evolve into a Bradman Best type centre. Just with better hands and stronger defence.

Are there any other options? As I said I am not endorsing any of them but I don't believe we will win a GF with Parker and Harper as our centres. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I feel for you

This was a bonus year for me. Of course i had hoped we get to the GF but it all felt a year too soon
The only bonus I have is when we live up to our legendary clubs standards of being the Greatest club of all and Lifting the trophy . I feel so empty so subdued and can only wait for next year to win the comp
Very down night for me tonight . Thanks for feeling for me

Just playing devils advocate here. This means I am not endorsing, but simply brainstorming on centre options for 2022.
Option 2 - Drop Harper and bring Walker back as right centre with Parker on the left.
Option 3 - Drop Parker and put Walker in as left centre with Harper as right centre.

Tuipoluto?
Koula?
Burbo?
New centre from outside the squad?

Or do we try some left field options?
Schuster?
Bullemore?

Bullemore played most of his junior football in league and union as a centre. He came into the forwards only recently. If we are looking for a power centre is he a reasonable option?

Schuster's attacking impact has been blunted by the work he does in the backrow. With a preseason that focuses on developing speed and tapering his body shape, he could certainly evolve into a Bradman Best type centre. Just with better hands and stronger defence.

Are there any other options? As I said I am not endorsing any of them but I don't believe we will win a GF with Parker and Harper as our centres. Thoughts?
Option 5 go find one!
I do think Schuster could make a gun centre and with extra forward depth next year we could possibly try it. He would need to get in shape but has Jamie Lyon type skills and can handle it defensively.

Tuipoluto?
Koula?
Burbo?
New centre from outside the squad?

Or do we try some left field options?
Schuster?
Bullemore?

Wow , That is a lot of deep thinking

We need to rise to another level of play to rise to the level of a premiership winning team

I have seen Parker and Harper play but I have not seem much of those other players

All I know is we need more than what we had this season .

Saab and Turbo need to be fed . When they shut out Turbo who feeds them ?

Their centres need to feed them with line breaking capabilities

We need to improve as a team next season to go one better and those areas need improvement as well
That's hilarious given that one of the biggest criticisms of Suli during his time at Manly was his inability/reluctance to feed his wingers... yet, you continually deride Parker (who selflessly does what's best for the players around him through either feeding his wingers early and appropriately or running hard decoy lines). I love your passion, Bozo, but there are some really strong blind spots and biases (conscious or sub-conscious).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4