time to go tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the sharks win we will be last. Currently we have the worst points differential in the comp at -53
We should be safe but if the roosters get beat by the sharks well our season is definately not done makes it even more wide open

Sounds like is Tooves is gone and will happen any day.

I don't know whether he ís a good bad or average coach or whether this is the right or wrong decision for him personally and the club but he is an absolute club legend who did his absolute best as coach and this will be one of the saddest things I have ever seen in all my days supporting manly.

Saying mixed reports that it may be Brown.
The face slapper?? I'd be lining up the halves
Sounds like is Tooves is gone and will happen any day.

I don't know whether he ís a good bad or average coach or whether this is the right or wrong decision for him personally and the club but he is an absolute club legend who did his absolute best as coach and this will be one of the saddest things I have ever seen in all my days supporting manly.
Well said.

A huge part of this is due to brett not playing like he used to, he used to direct the defence from the back, yelling to players telling them who to cover etc. he does none of that now. No one is out there directing the team around, no one will listen to DCE so there is no point in him directing the team and foran and brett don't seem to give a rats. We have 13 players running around and no team
I was amazed at how much talking Jake turbo does in the matches.

Jake Turbo is an absolute star in the making as is Tom. They were our best two players yesterday. These two look as promising as the Stewarts did.

It would be absolutely insane to sack Toovey and replace him with Brown. We aren't going to get a coach with the ability of Tooves, I don't care if the players hate each other changing coaches isn't going to change that. I wouldn't have a clue what is going on behind the scenes but nothing will change if the Club Management can't back the coach over the players especially when the players are going to be changing next year. I think part of the problem is the halves leaving don't have a real incentive to have a go and Brett doesn't seem to give a **** anymore. Sad days to be a Manly fan.

In any discussion about 2V, one has to consider his disposition - he is a winner! Winners are hard to come by and their demeanor is not too considerate of other people's views - winners just get on with it, as you will see 2V do. He will not complain about what he has to work with, he will not entertain excuses, he will just get on with it. I recall back when 2V started playing for Manly, the great Bob Fulton said: "he will play 1st grade for many years, he will captain the club, he will win a premiership as captain, he will play for NSW, he will play for Australia, he will coach the Club and he will win a premiership as Coach, he may even coach Australia one day - surely nobody can ever doubt the words of our only immortal!! Let's suppose, as many on this thread have, that he is replaced in the near future - do you really think that anyone replacing him is going to do any better with the cattle we have - not possible. If you are a professional, as all NRL players are, then you perform, if for no other reason than to maintain your market value, regardless of the coach.

I get the feeling, it's not so much about Toovey's coaching ability but more to do with personal agendas.

The Penns seem to want a club, where everybody just does as they're told. Toovey's done tremendously well to put up with all the crap from the owners over the past 3 years. However there's only so much you can take.

If toovs is sacked brown comes and we keep foran because of this I am done with this club. The only reason we should even consider brown is the best forward in Superleague alex walmsley at helens he is a beast under contract til 2017.

Have a feeling Tooves is about to fall on his sword. Save the humiliation of being sacked. Probably state "family reasons".

He certainly had a resigned, rather than re-signed, look on his face at the game.

If he should go, I'd prefer to see Penna given a shot, at least as a stopgap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4