time to go tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If toovs is sacked brown comes and we keep foran because of this I am done with this club. The only reason we should even consider brown is the best forward in Superleague alex walmsley at helens he is a beast under contract til 2017.
Makes no different how its done, the core group or the 'Gifty or We Walk Mob' have the stench on their hands :mad:

Management have to take the control back from the Players @:cool:

Tooves isn't a quitter. Never quit as a player and I can't imagine him quitting now.
There's a big difference between quitting and being asked to resign. Tooves won't quit but if it comes to dragging the club through a messy sacking then he would resign.

As others have said the look on his face on Saturday was of a man who's future here was untenable.

I can see foran saying to the penns he won't consider staying because of Tooves and make them think about sacking him to change his mind.

Foran of course is not ever going to but it seems he's still hell bent on making as much trouble for Tooves as he can. He obviously blames him alone for Glenn's departure.

It's mostly about the money. Even if the Parramatta FC board elections go in such a way as they push Arthur out if the club (that won't happen). Then Manly sign Arthur as coach, Foran wouldn't stay unless the money was close to his current deal. $1.2 million is too much to turn your back on, even if it means playing for Parramatta.

Just speculating , but wonder if they are going to get Tooves to step aside, if they give the head coach job to David Penna. This could be an interim move whilst they wait to get Hasler back.
This would also not technically contradict what Joe Kelly said in Albury about not looking at other coaches.

Just speculating , but wonder if they are going to get Tooves to step aside, if they give the head coach job to David Penna. This could be an interim move whilst they wait to get Hasler back.
This would also not technically contradict what Joe Kelly said in Albury about not looking at other coaches.
Dear me, I hope not.

We are getting desperate now!

Penna is carrying some serious doughnuts under his polo shirt; it'd be a throwback to the days of Tommy Raudonikis, where the head coach models everything the players should NOT be.

I've heard stories about Wayne Bennett bench pressing with the boys in the gym, and we all know about Des Hasler's work ethic. I would be livid if David Penna is given the top job. Not just because his physique is not up to standard, but what is he going to bring to the table, that is not already available to the players given he already coaches at the club?

Last edited:
Joe was very much aware in Albury he was being recorded by an audience member, he commented on it a couple of times.

So it makes sense they would have to appoint one of the assistant coaches as he said they are not looking at other coaches. Technically it would be a current Manly assistant coach.

it doesnt matter what joe kelly said at the weekend that was the clubs plans at the time, the board only has to meet and change their tune, technically joe kelly was truthful in his statement.

Yes that was definitely the look of a man soaking in his last game day as coach. I often see that same look when people at work are about to resign.
Pity the players couldn't even lift on his final day.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6