time to go tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Conanu. "Im glad Toovey won't pander to this bloke" He picks him every f... Ing week after he desecrates the Manly no 6 with his non effort. Is there a greater form of pandering than allowing a bloke to play like that under his watch. I have been a supporter of Tooves but if Foran gets picked again he and Foran should be shown the door immediately. Toovey with the respects he deserves and Foran with a cab charge to Parramatta.A line needs to be drawn.The club is a farce.

I suspect the owners have told Toovey he must continue to pick Foran.

I suspect the owners have told Toovey he must continue to pick Foran.
Why? Do they want us to continue to lose? If they do it is straight out of that movie "Major League"

Last edited:
Why? Do they want us to continue to lose? If they have it is straight out of that movie "Major League"

The owners love Foran and I'm sure they are still trying to sign him. If Toovey drops him he won't resign. What they don't realise is that if he does resign half the fans will leave. I know I will.

Can understand people on both sides of the Tooves debate but this can't be sacked till we get someone better is fantasy.Interim coaches are the norm.A coach is sacked to make a statement that things need to change.It happens every year in every code.McFadden,Griffin for Henjak ,McGregor are all interim coaches who kep their job and there are many who didn't.i just hope they do it now because it will be lot uglier when we are 1 and 9.and that is exactly where we are heading.Tooves does not deserve an exit like that.

Willo ??? The owner of the most promiscuous goat in history.

It's not that simple mate. Toovey didn't piss the players off, their ego got the better of them. I have never seen such a controlling, egotistical playing group in my time of watching league and they have no doubt inhereted those traits from hasler. They have no right to carry on as they are about retention they are being payed to play football. There is every chance Toovey has handled this better than other coaches would have. I think that if any other coach took over after hasler they would also be struggling right now as the problems of back ended contracts and player ego's would remain.
Hard to argue with most of that. Problem is we just don't really know. I do suspect you are correct though, as much as I hate to think it. They have **** on a club legend-end of story

If Tooves is sacked, there goes the last remaining shred of our culture we had left and with it any remaining hope of it coming back in the near future.

The situation is totally untenable at the moment. As with dogler in 2012 being sacked so too must either Toovey or half the team. As it's rediculous to sack half the team then 2V will have to go. I hate it and think it stinks but that's the 2 options to avoid the spoon, maybe!! Penna or Georgallis interim coach till we find a replacement and maybe , just maybe we can rescue this sinking season from hitting the wooden spoon rocks.

It doesn't look good for Tooves at all. Media speculation, sharks circling, blood in the water. But...I would love to see him show them all up and prove the naysayers wrong. But what is problem? If I were Foran and DCE I would want to show my new employers how good I am. Whatever happened to a professional attitude with these guys? They are still contracted to a team, they are still playing for big money. Why the heck can't they play well? Why should their shenanigans ruin our year and sow discord in the team? If I were Parra and the Titans I would be a little concerned. After all they may just bring that churlish attitude to their new teams.
they dont need to prove to their new employers anything......

they have already signed the million dollar contract...

resume 1 - qld & australia halfback
resume 2 - NZ captain

I'm resigned to the fact that Tooves is as good as gone but when did Manly ever take the stance that the players now run the club?

Especially when 2 of them are off at the end of the year.

It's almost as if forans one last wish as a Manly player is to get Tooves sacked.

Foran has turned out to be a grub of the highest order.

I think tooves is in trouble with the board.... however i dont think he deserves this...

i mentioned in a few post before season kick off , that the team is NOT united , and the first 6 weeks will show us where they stand . well it only needed 2 weeks... we should be 0/5 as storm were robbed against us.

even with injuries , the team for whatever reason/s has fallen apart.

it all started with the depature of Glen and then certain players who thought/think have authority to start questioning decisions and trying to make them which are not in their place to even think about making..
with EGOS bigger than the club...it has started the down hill

things dont seem that they will get better. I was told earlier today , that the dressing room after the game there was no sign of embarrassment or shame... very cold feeling....

I cant believe the tries we let in , No one is used to watching this...
When you think of Manly , you know they can defend

As a supporter , i have no idea what the solution is , but having Foran & even DCE still on the field i dont think it helps

if Foran gets dropped or sacked there will be others which will disagree.

If tooves get sacked , the problem may fix for short term , but the main trouble maker is gone next year anyway...his counting his days...

Well we have definitely hit rock bottom now but really calling for Toovs to be sacked lets all take a deep breath lets see how the team performs when we have our 2 starting centres back playing it will make a difference the forwards well thats another matter . Mason should be off the bench imo Jake should start now till we get Starling back and just to get a a run without injuries . at the moment we are 2 points out of the 8 it looks all doom and gloom but we shouldn't judge till at least round 12 some will say its too late by then but if you sack Toovs i believe will be in a lot more pain then just now

Well we have definitely hit rock bottom now but really calling for Toovs to be sacked lets all take a deep breath lets see how the team performs when we have our 2 starting centres back playing it will make a difference the forwards well thats another matter . Mason should be off the bench imo Jake should start now till we get Starling back and just to get a a run without injuries . at the moment we are 2 points out of the 8 it looks all doom and gloom but we shouldn't judge till at least round 12 some will say its too late by then but if you sack Toovs i believe will be in a lot more pain then just now
If the sharks win we will be last. Currently we have the worst points differential in the comp at -53

I cant believe the tries we let in , No one is used to watching this...
When you think of Manly , you know they can defend...

A huge part of this is due to brett not playing like he used to, he used to direct the defence from the back, yelling to players telling them who to cover etc. he does none of that now. No one is out there directing the team around, no one will listen to DCE so there is no point in him directing the team and foran and brett don't seem to give a rats. We have 13 players running around and no team

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6