Time for the Penns to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t forget the green blob sponsor that never paid a whole season of sponsorship but the blob was worn.

The treatment of Toovey was appalling, they should have let him finish the contract they themselves organised. The big joke though is that he wasn’t knifed for a better coach, but a shadow of a coach.

Don’t forget the green blob sponsor that never paid a whole season of sponsorship but the blob was worn.

The treatment of Toovey was appalling, they should have let him finish the contract they themselves organised. The big joke though is that he wasn’t knifed for a better coach, but a shadow of a coach.
Yuh…what an inept bunch.

Ably abetted by uncle and bro-in-law Peter Peters - aka the master strategist of Manly-Warringah rugba league.

The man is a Machiavellian genius - at stuffing things up.

Last edited:
Maybe it's better not to look at fault, but rather what opportunities are there with sports?

It's a non-issue for many people because they see themselves, their values and their beliefs reflected all around them. They are comfortable in that environment. The environment appears to be this objective neutral reality that everyone can just slot into freely and easily. It may even seem to be inclusive to them. Significant aspects of their identity are not excluded in those environments.

In those cricket contexts, you look around, fellow players are playing, laughing, maybe having a beer, looking happy. That's because your identity is secure and affirmed so you see the environment that way. There are people who cannot feel the way you do in that environment. Even ones who manage to share it and smile and laugh along are not necessarily feeling comfortable. They may be doing their best to fit in and not draw attention to their discomfort. They may not even be conscious of what they are doing. They may simply feel there is something wrong with them because they don't feel the ease and happiness everyone seems to have around them.

I'm not asking or expecting you to change or do anything. I'd be happy if I could get a small glimpse across of what it may be like for certain people in those environments and how their experience may be quite different to what you see. If by simply making a gesture that we acknowledge and recognise that certain people out there may not feel comfortable or welcome in these environments, what kind of positive impact did you think that could have on somebody really struggling?.. let alone, bringing a more genuine empathy and connection.
OK. Well put. I'll never know what it's like to be a minority...
oh, wait a minority. I've attended Manly matches in Brisbane and Melbourne...

I've addressed this point three times this morning with different posters. I trust I have presented my argument logically and clearly. Nobody holding a contrary opinion has yet addressed my points, and still, posters continue to post the same point. Is there no desire to have a dialogue and learn/grow?

It is clear from my point of view that the LGBTIQ community does not feel safe and included in the rugby league community. That is easily backed up by simply acknowledging only 1 rugby league player in our history has ever felt able to come out. We know that is grossly disproportionate to the percentage of LGBTIQ in our society. Secondly, the fact that we have this $hitstorm over this particular issue, compared to all the other causes and groups that we show support for further suggests that many of us have trouble genuinely embracing this part of our community.

In regards to the traditional uniform... there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. We love it. That's not the point. We don't have themed jerseys because we don't like our traditional jersey. We have themed jersey to show support for different groups and causes. In this case, the jersey was to show inclusive support for a group that is invisible in our league community. It's a symbolic gesture to express to members of the LGBTIQ that we want them to feel safe and included. We want them to have a voice, even if just for that one game for now.

I've also been a long time fan, Who, and like many of us here, have invested a lot in following this club. This issue is not just over a jersey. This issue goes to the heart of our values, not just as footy fans and as a club, but also as human beings. We don't want anybody sitting out there on the hill or lacing up the boots to feel they have to hide who they are (or worst, feel shame for who they are). For those struggling with these issues it is an important and empowering gesture to see their team run out with a clear message... we see you, we hear you, you are safe and welcome.

I wont comment on the Penn stuff as I feel that is a separate issue. Cheers and thanks for listening.
" It's a symbolic gesture to express to members of the LGBTIQ that we want them to feel safe and included. "
OK Answer me this, when you're at the ground (Brookie) and you look around the crowd , do you notice the gay people amongst them..????? The answer would be NO, So how is it not , "Safe and Inclusive."....????????

" It's a symbolic gesture to express to members of the LGBTIQ that we want them to feel safe and included. "
OK Answer me this, when you're at the ground (Brookie) and you look around the crowd , do you notice the gay people amongst them..????? The answer would be NO, So how is it not , "Safe and Inclusive."....????????
That's a brilliant question, Malroon. So, why is it that you don't see "the gay people" around you at Brookie?

That's a brilliant question, Malroon. So, why is it that you don't see "the gay people" around you at Brookie?
Because they are human just like everyone else in the crowd. Why would you want to out someone for their sexual orientation?

Because they are human just like everyone else in the crowd. Why would you want to out someone for their sexual orientation?
I don't want to "out" anybody. "Outing" wouldn't be a thing if people felt safe, respected and welcomed enough to just be themselves in the first place. The prejudices are built into the assumptions of our language.

The brilliant response, answer a question with a question..
Well, if you are going to ask me that question without intelligent respectful reflection on the numerous postings I shared yesterday around this topic, then that's the best I can offer back.

Sorry guys, I can’t see why the Penns would sell. Seems things are going along ok, apart from a few hiccups. Posters seem to be pissed that he lives in NYC. Lucky guy. I’d prefer a super rich Sheik as owner, who could pump in a billion or two into Brookie, but that’s not going to happen. And this latest thing is good for the club an inclusive club is a club on the rise.

Sorry guys, I can’t see why the Penns would sell. Seems things are going along ok, apart from a few hiccups. Posters seem to be pissed that he lives in NYC. Lucky guy. I’d prefer a super rich Sheik as owner, who could pump in a billion or two into Brookie, but that’s not going to happen. And this latest thing is good for the club an inclusive club is a club on the rise.
A club on the rise?
We were Premiers when he took full control, and in the eight years since we haven't reached a grand final. This latest stunt has divided the club, turning players and supporters on one another.

Is there perhaps a black sheep sheik out there wanting a project?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4