Time for the Penns to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A club on the rise?
We were Premiers when he took full control, and in the eight years since we haven't reached a grand final. This latest stunt has divided the club, turning players and supporters on one another.

We take your point T-dub.

I long and hope for the day when at the very least, we have an owner who is fully attuned with how to run the show. If it was Penn/Wolman and company’s desire to attract publicity, it worked.

The problem is that they highlighted the disjointed nature of the Sea Eagles’ day to day functioning.

Luckily we have your old friend DESpicable;) running the footballing side of things. That gives us some hope that whatever tonight’s result, he can pull them back together and the team could still make the finals.

Imagine if someone like Barrett was still onboard? Speaking of which, how many other coaches could have spoken as well as Hasler did on Tuesday? Could you imagine the likes of Bellamy, Arthur or Griffin addressing the media with a speech like that? At least two of them can barely construct a sentence and the other one has been caught out ‘liking’ hard right viewpoints online.

Last edited:
We take your point T-dub.

I long and hope for the day when at the very least, we have an owner who is fully attuned with how to run the show. If it was Penn/Wolman and company’s desire to attract publicity, it worked.

The problem is that they highlighted the disjointed nature of the Sea Eagles’ day to day functioning.

Luckily we have your old friend DESpicable;) running the footballing side of things. That gives us some hope that whatever tonight’s result, he can pull them back together and the team could still make the finals.

Imagine if someone like Barrett was still onboard? Speaking of which, how many other coaches could have spoken as well as Hasler did on Tuesday? Could you imagine the likes of Bellamy, Arthur or Griffin addressing the media with a speech like that? At least two of them can barely construct a sentence and the other one has been caught out ‘liking’ hard right viewpoints online.
Yes. DESpicable has handled the crisis in the most sympathetic way possible. He has been mighty.
(Perhaps he should write speeches before each of his 'Let's get ready to Mumble' press conferences?)

I've addressed this point three times this morning with different posters. I trust I have presented my argument logically and clearly. Nobody holding a contrary opinion has yet addressed my points, and still, posters continue to post the same point. Is there no desire to have a dialogue and learn/grow?

It is clear from my point of view that the LGBTIQ community does not feel safe and included in the rugby league community. That is easily backed up by simply acknowledging only 1 rugby league player in our history has ever felt able to come out. We know that is grossly disproportionate to the percentage of LGBTIQ in our society. Secondly, the fact that we have this $hitstorm over this particular issue, compared to all the other causes and groups that we show support for further suggests that many of us have trouble genuinely embracing this part of our community.

In regards to the traditional uniform... there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. We love it. That's not the point. We don't have themed jerseys because we don't like our traditional jersey. We have themed jersey to show support for different groups and causes. In this case, the jersey was to show inclusive support for a group that is invisible in our league community. It's a symbolic gesture to express to members of the LGBTIQ that we want them to feel safe and included. We want them to have a voice, even if just for that one game for now.

I've also been a long time fan, Who, and like many of us here, have invested a lot in following this club. This issue is not just over a jersey. This issue goes to the heart of our values, not just as footy fans and as a club, but also as human beings. We don't want anybody sitting out there on the hill or lacing up the boots to feel they have to hide who they are (or worst, feel shame for who they are). For those struggling with these issues it is an important and empowering gesture to see their team run out with a clear message... we see you, we hear you, you are safe and welcome.

I wont comment on the Penn stuff as I feel that is a separate issue. Cheers and thanks for listening.
Spot on champ

This dude doesn't know when to shut up... today he spoke more about the rainbow:

"We find that colour palette very bright, colourful, inclusive … we thought that actually represented what we were trying to portray particularly well."

We all know that the rainbow has become synonymous with the LGBT+ cause.

So for him to downplay it like that he's kinda backing down. Making crap as he goes.

Since Penn has taken the reigns.
  • the leagues club sell off
  • DCE contract mess
  • Sacking of coach and club legend
  • Hiring of Trent barrett which in turn lost our juniors in Hynes, Ramien and Gutherson
  • falling out with matai, g Stewart etc
  • the green blob
  • a continuation of the CEO merry go round
  • salary cap drama/ restrictions
  • the barrett Sacking debacle
  • fainu stabbing case
  • Hastings and willie peters treatment/drama
  • the pride jersey fallout
  • Creating more division with his statements around the matter and the players stances.
  • minimal finals appearances and no premierships

It's quite the wrap sheet. And im not entirely sure I've covered everything. The only positives I can think of is getting des back and the new stand. Has the affiliation with blacktown been a success? Nevertheless, it's hard to argue or warrant why alot of people want to see the back of him

• DCE contract mess
  • Hiring of Trent barrett which in turn lost our juniors in Hynes, Ramien and Gutherson
  • the green blob
  • fainu stabbing case
  • Creating more division with his statements around the matter and the players stances.

It's quite the wrap sheet. And im not entirely sure I've covered everything. The only positives I can think of is getting des back and the new stand. Has the affiliation with blacktown been a success? Nevertheless, it's hard to argue or warrant why alot of people want to see the back of him

I'd like to add a few, If I may.

,*the demand to get the Penn name on the COE building.
*The absolute lack of a NRLW side, despite said COE having facilities for a W side.
*The treatment of Max Delmege in the takeover.
*The treatment of URM during previous stakeholder movements
*the rape and pillage of the Leagues Club resulting in a huge financial windfall, for Penn.

Thanks.

I forgot to add *selling a home game to Brisbane every damn year.

• DCE contract mess
  • the green blob
  • fainu stabbing case

Yeh I heard Penn gave Fainu a set of steak knives for Xmas.

I suppose you could add the whole watmough ordeal as well. Not that it may be directly penns fault, it still happened under his watch and potentially could of been dealt with inhouse better. It just feels like manly have been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons for such a long time now

*The absolute lack of a NRLW side, despite said COE having facilities for a W side.
*the rape and pillage of the Leagues Club resulting in a huge financial windfall, for Penn.

Thanks.

Thanks.

And getting rid of the eagle angels as well

Losing the leagues club is one of their worst acts ever and will never be forgotten

No good news since the Penns took control of the club All for their egos and to make more money

The club will be a **** show until they sell up

“It is clear from my point of view that the LGBTIQ community does not feel safe and included in the rugby league community. That is easily backed up by simply acknowledging only 1 rugby league player in our history has ever felt able to come out.”
I actually believe the reason they don’t come out is not because of a fear of backlash within their own team or club as I think team mates, players and staff would not have an issue with any individual being gay, I genuinely think it is because of the media. Nobody wants to bring all the added white noise about their sexuality into the rugby league weekly soap opera and why would you?. So rather than being defined by their sexuality they simply avoid advertising it publicly. Poor Ian Roberts has had to be the “go to man” or figure head of every discussion about sexuality since he came out, that has to take a toll. The media will never admit it, but the media and maybe a few idiotic social media fans are the reason people don’t come out, for most of the general population sexual preference genuinely isn’t an issue anymore.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6