Time for the Penns to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

we're up to 3 players now.​

Andrew Gay​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrew Gay
Playing information
Personal information
Born5 October 1989 (age 32)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Height173 cm (5 ft 8 in)
Weight77 kg (170 lb; 12 st 2 lb)
PositionFullback, Wing, Centre, Five-eighth, Halfback
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Representative
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Club
2010–11South Wales Scorpions422600104
2017South Wales Ironmen2440117
Total663001121
2010–17Wales82008
Source: [1][2][3][4]
As of 1 February 2022
Andrew Gay (born 5 October 1989) is a Welsh international rugby league footballer who played semi-professionally for South Wales and represented the Welsh national team, most notably at the 2011 Four Nations and the 2017 World Cup. He played as a fullback, wing, centre or five-eighth.

Contents​

I don't recall any male cricketers coming out as gay. Does that sport also have a problem?
Well, what would you reasonably deduce from that?

If you were a young transgender teen would you be feeling comfortable and accepted in the cricket dressing room with your fellow players? Would you even feel like playing the game, that it would be a safe and welcoming environment? Or how about a gay adult playing grade cricket or even state?

Do we see LGBTIQ role models playing cricket that other LGBTIQ can look up to and see themselves reflected, feel affirmed, comfortable and confident to be themselves without fear or prejudice? That is what I see as the key issue. Genuine visibility and acceptance within our communities.

There are legitimate concerns about the governance of the club after this (I am going to put aside the jersey etc)

I have often talked about the strange decisions around marketing and membership which appears to be under funded and not thought out (although the social media content has certainly improved especially across Tik Tok).

In my professional life I have worked in or lead many marketing departments - the idea that this could happen from a brand perspective without broad consultation (not from the players although they are a key stakeholder) is a failure in corporate governance.

I am not sure if this was exaggerated by a lack of CEO however there should be structures that avoid this

Andrew Gay​

Andrew Gay
Personal information
Playing information
Height173 cm (5 ft 8 in)
Club
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Representative
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Total663001121
2010–17Wales82008
As of 1 February 2022
Andrew Gay (born 5 October 1989) is a Welsh international rugby league footballer who played semi-professionally for South Wales and represented the Welsh national team, most notably at the 2011 Four Nations and the 2017 World Cup. He played as a fullback, wing, centre or five-eighth.

Contents​

Maybe we’ll be forgiven with this players surname.

Andrew Gay​

Andrew Gay
Personal information
Playing information
Height173 cm (5 ft 8 in)
Club
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Representative
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Total663001121
2010–17Wales82008
As of 1 February 2022

Contents​

This was just what the doctor ordered after the seriousness of the last 24 hours. Thank you 🙏

Well, what would you reasonably deduce from that?

If you were a young transgender teen would you be feeling comfortable and accepted in the cricket dressing room with your fellow players? Would you even feel like playing the game, that it would be a safe and welcoming environment? Or how about a gay adult playing grade cricket or even state?

Do we see LGBTIQ role models playing cricket that other LGBTIQ can look up to and see themselves reflected, feel affirmed, comfortable and confident to be themselves without fear or prejudice? That is what I see as the key issue. Genuine visibility and acceptance within our communities.
So according to you it seems that most sports are at fault.
I mentioned cricket because I played this sport for 40 years, much longer than I did rugby, so I can speak with more authority. It didn't matter to me or my teammates what colour, religion or belief structure a teammate had; all that we cared about was that the bloke could play well. The teams I was in were inclusive. So rather than blaming all sports, how about 'rainbow' people stop being so self-absorbed. It's a non-issue with 99% of people so stop raising the subject or waving flags about it.

So according to you it seems that most sports are at fault.
I mentioned cricket because I played this sport for 40 years, much longer than I did rugby, so I can speak with more authority. It didn't matter to me or my teammates what colour, religion or belief structure a teammate had; all that we cared about was that the bloke could play well. The teams I was in were inclusive. So rather than blaming all sports, how about 'rainbow' people stop being so self-absorbed. It's a non-issue with 99% of people so stop raising the subject or waving flags about it.
Maybe it's better not to look at fault, but rather what opportunities are there with sports?

It's a non-issue for many people because they see themselves, their values and their beliefs reflected all around them. They are comfortable in that environment. The environment appears to be this objective neutral reality that everyone can just slot into freely and easily. It may even seem to be inclusive to them. Significant aspects of their identity are not excluded in those environments.

In those cricket contexts, you look around, fellow players are playing, laughing, maybe having a beer, looking happy. That's because your identity is secure and affirmed so you see the environment that way. There are people who cannot feel the way you do in that environment. Even ones who manage to share it and smile and laugh along are not necessarily feeling comfortable. They may be doing their best to fit in and not draw attention to their discomfort. They may not even be conscious of what they are doing. They may simply feel there is something wrong with them because they don't feel the ease and happiness everyone seems to have around them.

I'm not asking or expecting you to change or do anything. I'd be happy if I could get a small glimpse across of what it may be like for certain people in those environments and how their experience may be quite different to what you see. If by simply making a gesture that we acknowledge and recognise that certain people out there may not feel comfortable or welcome in these environments, what kind of positive impact did you think that could have on somebody really struggling?.. let alone, bringing a more genuine empathy and connection.

I'm sorry Tez, that's well above my IQ.
It’s like saying (generally speaking) that as an actor, Elvis was a very good singer.

Or

As a prime minister, Tony Abbott was a very good volunteer firefighter.

Or

As US President, Donald Trump was a mildly competent real estate tycoon.

Edit: sorry Jerry, I think I know where you’re coming from - Scott Penn now describes himself as being in the ‘digital wellness’ game. Whatever that is!:)

Last edited:
It’s like saying (generally speaking) that as an actor, Elvis was a very good singer.

Or

As a prime minister, Tony Abbott was a very good volunteer firefighter.

Or

As US President, Donald Trump was a mildly competent real estate tycoon.

Edit: sorry Jerry, I think I know where you’re coming from - Scott Penn now describes himself as being in the ‘digital wellness’ game. Whatever that is!:)
his fingers are doing fantastic

I thinks the penns should step back snd look at a couple of cluster****s they have masterminded and have a George castanza bizzaro moment. They dont seem to be good with people, or have control issues, judging by staff loyalty they oversee in an industry where experience is seen as a commodity

screwing up the band originally and then knifing tooves are the manly watergates was just nightmare stuff for our culture . At some point apart from money what do they bring the manly sea eagles . They are just the biggest buzzkillers of all time

reinstate tovves in the footy department . Somewhere where he gets to bark a lot.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4