Tim Cleary observation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I was at the Canberra game last week and noticed that Tim Cleary was standing at the entry gates greeting and thanking Manly fans for making the trip to Canberra. I said hello and he thanked me and my friend for making the trip not realising we were from Canberra. He then asked if we were sorted for tickets and offered us a couple, we declined as we already had some. He then sorted some tickets for a fan that was in a wheelchair and organised for her to meet the players. I also thought it was classy that he stood at the end of the tunnel after the game and thanked each player as they came off. People and papers can say what they like but I reckon the bloke is a class act, if nothing else his attempt to reconnect with the fans shows me that he cares. Fair play Tim!

Without imparting too much information that I've told some of you privately, he's also eliminating ... hmmmm ... how do I put this ... the more "old fashioned" style of behavior that has crept into the off field staff.

He's been employed by Scott Penn to do exactly that, that much I can say, and from all accounts, the club is most certainly righting its trajectory off the field.

For the first time in a long time, I think we have a true leader doing what he is supposed to be doing at the helm, and in a very professional, very direct manner (which may upset some) - but it will be short term pain, for long term gain.

We are getting Manly back people.

I was at the Canberra game last week and noticed that Tim Cleary was standing at the entry gates greeting and thanking Manly fans for making the trip to Canberra. I said hello and he thanked me and my friend for making the trip not realising we were from Canberra. He then asked if we were sorted for tickets and offered us a couple, we declined as we already had some. He then sorted some tickets for a fan that was in a wheelchair and organised for her to meet the players. I also thought it was classy that he stood at the end of the tunnel after the game and thanked each player as they came off. People and papers can say what they like but I reckon the bloke is a class act, if nothing else his attempt to reconnect with the fans shows me that he cares. Fair play Tim!
He won't last long here with that attitude @:D

Great story, thanks for sharing. Tim sounds like a legend and we desperately need stars off the field

Great to have Manly finally recognize the Fans as people and not just a wallet :clap:

Now to resurrect 'Tommy Talks' or 'Talks with Walks' videos, to connect the Players with the Fans :nod:

Impressive work from the new CEO, now we just need to get Peter Peters handing out free sausage rolls and copies of the book " football for dummies" and all will be right in the world!!

Great touch from Cleary. Maybe he learnt this from his days as a headmaster welcoming the students to school everyday. Didn't he also do this at some of Manly's home games? Good to hear that he's also cleaning up the back office. Manly is finally getting back on the right track.

That's a fantastic effort by Tim. A true leaders effort! Fu$king great stuff...
Apologies for the swearing probably not needed. Been up at Lennox head and surrounds surfing ( pumping for those silvertails that surf) and about to fly home. Hate flying and had to undertake beer therapy...

Fantastic

I know this would be mission impossible, there s no harm in dreaming . How good would it be if he could help mend the rift between Penn and the football club. United we stand the stronger we get.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4