Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tim Cleary observation

conanu

Premium Member
I was at the Canberra game last week and noticed that Tim Cleary was standing at the entry gates greeting and thanking Manly fans for making the trip to Canberra. I said hello and he thanked me and my friend for making the trip not realising we were from Canberra. He then asked if we were sorted for tickets and offered us a couple, we declined as we already had some. He then sorted some tickets for a fan that was in a wheelchair and organised for her to meet the players. I also thought it was classy that he stood at the end of the tunnel after the game and thanked each player as they came off. People and papers can say what they like but I reckon the bloke is a class act, if nothing else his attempt to reconnect with the fans shows me that he cares. Fair play Tim!

Ryan

Without imparting too much information that I've told some of you privately, he's also eliminating ... hmmmm ... how do I put this ... the more "old fashioned" style of behavior that has crept into the off field staff.

He's been employed by Scott Penn to do exactly that, that much I can say, and from all accounts, the club is most certainly righting its trajectory off the field.

For the first time in a long time, I think we have a true leader doing what he is supposed to be doing at the helm, and in a very professional, very direct manner (which may upset some) - but it will be short term pain, for long term gain.

We are getting Manly back people.

NYEagle

A big upgrade from Joe's (already forgot his last name) press conference disaster last year!
NYEagle

tookey

I was at the Canberra game last week and noticed that Tim Cleary was standing at the entry gates greeting and thanking Manly fans for making the trip to Canberra. I said hello and he thanked me and my friend for making the trip not realising we were from Canberra. He then asked if we were sorted for tickets and offered us a couple, we declined as we already had some. He then sorted some tickets for a fan that was in a wheelchair and organised for her to meet the players. I also thought it was classy that he stood at the end of the tunnel after the game and thanked each player as they came off. People and papers can say what they like but I reckon the bloke is a class act, if nothing else his attempt to reconnect with the fans shows me that he cares. Fair play Tim!
He won't last long here with that attitude @:D

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
Great story, thanks for sharing. Tim sounds like a legend and we desperately need stars off the field

HappilyManly

Great to have Manly finally recognize the Fans as people and not just a wallet :clap:

Now to resurrect 'Tommy Talks' or 'Talks with Walks' videos, to connect the Players with the Fans :nod:

Vyssini

I was at the Canberra game last week and noticed that Tim Cleary was standing at the entry gates greeting and thanking Manly fans for making the trip to Canberra. He then asked if we were sorted for tickets and offered us a couple. Fair play Tim!
Thanks mate, great timing- I was just about to buy tickets for tonight. I'll wait until I see Tim now.

Mark from Brisbane

β€œ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Impressive work from the new CEO, now we just need to get Peter Peters handing out free sausage rolls and copies of the book " football for dummies" and all will be right in the world!!

Rodo

Goldmember
Great touch from Cleary. Maybe he learnt this from his days as a headmaster welcoming the students to school everyday. Didn't he also do this at some of Manly's home games? Good to hear that he's also cleaning up the back office. Manly is finally getting back on the right track.

hozza

That's a fantastic effort by Tim. A true leaders effort! Fu$king great stuff...

hozza

That's a fantastic effort by Tim. A true leaders effort! Fu$king great stuff...
Apologies for the swearing probably not needed. Been up at Lennox head and surrounds surfing ( pumping for those silvertails that surf) and about to fly home. Hate flying and had to undertake beer therapy...

strone33

Fantastic

• βœ”οΈ
Reactions: hozza

OneEyedEagle

Premium Member
I know this would be mission impossible, there s no harm in dreaming . How good would it be if he could help mend the rift between Penn and the football club. United we stand the stronger we get.

Members online

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20