Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really important that our players turn up with the same level of intent and commitment against the Tigers, as they did for Melbourne. It's extremely rare that team loses 6 on the trot to open a season and one gets the feeling the Tigers have to click sooner or later. If we turn up expecting to cruise to victory, we'll have another Mudgee/Newcastle game on our hands.

It's really important that our players turn up with the same level of intent and commitment against the Tigers, as they did for Melbourne. It's extremely rare that team loses 6 on the trot to open a season and one gets the feeling the Tigers have to click sooner or later. If we turn up expecting to cruise to victory, we'll have another Mudgee/Newcastle game on our hands.
The ‘good’ thing is that our guys don’t need to think too hard to remember their poor performance, so I don’t expect them to take the foot off the pedal.

Like others, I want to see Fainu debut next week. Schu and Fainu could be lethal.

They're fulltime professional athletes getting paid enormous amounts to eat, sleep and train 6 days and play 80 min on day 7. They shouldn't be "mentally fatigued". It's not rocket science, they aren't responsible for people's lives like Doctors, nurses, emergency workers or in charge of huge companies and groups of people like managers, CEOs, teachers of kids. Fuk me they have no excuses to not be at 100% by kickoff unless they're injured.
Not sure where all the Doctors, nurses and CEO's and so on come into the equation. They are totally different, NRL is a sport and the ones you have listed aren't. NRL is probably the most physical game in the world as far as team sports goes. Wouldn't you agree that after the Souths game both us and Souths looked flat and lacking energy the following week. Anyway, I get where you're coming from tho.

I expect the Tigers to be tougher opposition next week than in this Rd 7 2021 clash. There is a try assist by Schuster stepping back through the ruck at 0:21. There is a virtually identical try assist by Schuster in the Rd 19 win over the Tigers later in the year.

Any win is a good win from here on in. With for and against out of the equation there is slightly less pressure to mount big wins. This in turn could see us play some good natural footy. Tigers will start winning a few. But it won't start this week. My head says Manly by 26 but I will be happy for us to win by 7 or 8.

Any win is a good win from here on in. With for and against out of the equation there is slightly less pressure to mount big wins. This in turn could see us play some good natural footy. Tigers will start winning a few. But it won't start this week. My head says Manly by 26 but I will be happy for us to win by 7 or 8.
Yep just win and bank the 2 each week.

Really hope the players haven’t already banked the two points from this game. Tigers will be desperate for the win and the the ref will feel obliged to help them. The Tigers are going to beat somebody this season, but hope to hell it won’t be us.
It also doesnt help to have Jack coming out and criticising the new recruits. Nothing more guaranteed to fire them up. Of course, if they arent fired up, they really are in deep doo doo.

Would be good to have the Shu back , will automatically add something to the attack and some improvement there . Bully did well in the 2 nd row against that Tigers in an early club game last season , not a lot of alternatives with Burbo and Lawton out and no reason why he can not adapt again , Good opportunity to debut Fainu from the bench and most likely back row . Keppie probably a bit unlucky but can 't see any change to the Toff , Woods prop interchange . Good for a Garrick return also but well done to D C E and some effective goal kicking Just winning by any margin the priority off course but any helpful F / A improvement , a real bonus definitely

Stats from yesterday's NSW CUP game for our NRL hopefuls to replace Kelma

Samuela Fainu - Runs - 11 Metres - 108 - Post Contact Metres - 48 - Tackles Made - 29 - Missed Tackles 7
Ben Condon - Runs - 8 Metres - 73 - Post Contact Metres - 30 - Tackles Made - 17 - Missed Tackles 3
Sean Keppie - Runs- 7 Metres - 68 - Post Contact Metres - 26 - Tackles Made - 14 - Missed Tackles 1

Happy to win this one by one point if necessary, but it's far from a guaranteed win for us. Tigers will be desperate to break their duck, and the competition is too close to call on most games and teams. Cowboys, at sixteenth spot on the ladder, are only three wins out of second spot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8