Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
On MWSE website "Teams", Fulton is listed as a Lock whilst Fainu is listed as a Prop.

We currently have six 2nd Rowers listed:

Haumole Olakau'atu
Kelma Tuilagi
Ben Trbojevic
Ethan Bullemor
Karl Lawton
Ben Condon

Out of that list, we have 3 out injured which only leaves Ben Condon as the only 2nd Rower that is left availble to fill Tuilagi's spot in the side. Whether he is picked for next week or not, we will just have to wait and see. They may just go with another Prop or Fulton to fill the position.

Keppie comes back I rekon

"I'll take a 1 pointer win any day. F/A doesn't mean **** to us now with that draw." - 'mickqld'

Very true.

The only time for and against will come into the equation for us is if Newcastle finish on the same competition points as us after 27 rounds. Or if another team(s) have a draw and finish on the same points as us. Or if we have another draw lol. All of these scenarios are very unlikely though. I'm loving our uneven competition points tbh. For and against for us is one less thing to worry about for a change. :)

Garrick and Schuster in, massive, points will come off plenty. Ok with Harper holding his spot till Koula is ready, Harper played well last night. Still prefer Keppie over Woods but have to stick with the 3 big man bench. Bully might have to start edge just for one game in Kelma's absence, I know he belongs in the middle but not too many other options we have. Sam Fainu would be perfect to blood for this game off the bench to come on the edge and move bully back into the middle.

Garrick and Schuster in, massive, points will come off plenty. Ok with Harper holding his spot till Koula is ready, Harper played well last night. Still prefer Keppie over Woods but have to stick with the 3 big man bench. Bully might have to start edge just for one game in Kelma's absence, I know he belongs in the middle but not too many other options we have. Sam Fainu would be perfect to blood for this game off the bench to come on the edge and move bully back into the middle.
Bully is a middle , he’s **** on the edge , you either play him as a middle or not at all.

I don't think we should be complacent about the Tigers' match. We are a work in progress and still liable to turn in some inconsistent performances. Hopefully, we continue to close the gap between best and worst and don't see anything like that Pennie's first half again.

I just hope the 1 point gets us into the top 4 or 8 and not out of the 4 or 8.
Ha never thought about that Mick. Yeah f/a means nothing now. Unless is or the knights are vying for 8 or 4 at the end of the year.

I understand, I'm a big believer myself that he belongs in the middle. But what other option do we have next week if Kelma is out?? It's one game.

Both Sykes and Stuckey from reggies look like willing customers ....

I don't think we should be complacent about the Tigers' match. We are a work in progress and still liable to turn in some inconsistent performances. Hopefully, we continue to close the gap between best and worst and don't see anything like that Pennie's first half again.
It’s actually a danger game , coming down after the highs of last night , and looking from our lofty position at the 17th side ( who are yet to have a win and will be DESPERATE) and thinking “ nah easy as “.

Im just a tad worried

Fainu should get a shot - straight swap for Kelma, that's been Samuela's edge all season for Blacktown

Keep everything else unchanged, except for inclusions of any recovered of Garrick, Schuster, Koula
Young Fainu

Good game to debut for him

Do we think Fainu would get 80 minutes at edge backrow on his debut game? Seibs will most likely sub him off and put Bully on that edge to cover either way. That's why I think it's better to start Bully, ease Fainu in from the bench, and then Bully moves back to the middle.

Do we think Fainu would get 80 minutes at edge backrow on his debut game? Seibs will most likely sub him off and put Bully on that edge to cover either way. That's why I think it's better to start Bully, ease Fainu in from the bench, and then Bully moves back to the middle.

I think and also hope this happens. I feel once Fainu plays his 1st game for us he won’t get dropped.

It’s actually a danger game , coming down after the highs of last night , and looking from our lofty position at the 17th side ( who are yet to have a win and will be DESPERATE) and thinking “ nah easy as “.

Im just a tad worried
Yeah I agree. It's a quite similar situation to playing the knights after souths. We played with such defensive intensity against souths I think the players thought the knights would be easier than they were.
Hopefully they've learnt some lessons from that game.

Im just a tad worried
Yep. Exactly the sort of game we've manage to fukup severely over the last decade. Time to change that sort of malaise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8