Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need Best from Newcastle . Heard that he was keen to play for Manly a while back .

Did I read somewhere . ages ago ... that his Grandad is Old mate Peter "Hollywood" Byrne's from Manly in the 70's ...

Bit of a lad and colourful character was hollywood ...

EDIT ... I played google and found it ...

Web5 Jul 2020 · Bradman Best's grandfather Peter Byrne. Byrne, now living on the Gold Coast, played at Manly when champions Bob Fulton, Max Krilich, Terry Randall and Graham Eadie …

Last edited:
Did I read somewhere . ages ago ... that his Grandad is Old mate Peter "Hollywood" Byrne's from Manly in the 70's ...

Bit of a lad and colourful character was hollywood ...

EDIT ... I played google and found it ...

Web5 Jul 2020 · Bradman Best's grandfather Peter Byrne. Byrne, now living on the Gold Coast, played at Manly when champions Bob Fulton, Max Krilich, Terry Randall and Graham Eadie …
Hollywood owned a hairdressers at Warringah Mall mid 70's. 5/8 who played in red boots in the days where anything other than black was seen as being a lair.😄

Hollywood owned a hairdressers at Warringah Mall mid 70's. 5/8 who played in red boots in the days where anything other than black was seen as being a lair.😄

Stories about him are legendary ... many unable to be told here ... he went to Manly Boys and was suspended for getting a mohawk haircut ... wild lad ... He also did time for drugs I believe ... was a popular fella though ..

Stories about him are legendary ... many unable to be told here ... he went to Manly Boys and was suspended for getting a mohawk haircut ... wild lad ... He also did time for drugs I believe ... was a popular fella though ..
He use to own a hairdresser shop at Warringah Mall - it was called the Hair Inn or something like that. It was basically split in two between male and female sections. I was getting my haircut in the male side of the shop (obviously). Next thing Hollywood comes running through and out the back door followed closely by about 4 coppers in pursuit.

Should get your anecdote thread going again. There were many great stories and laughs in it

Will our boys be up for this game?

After the Storm. Yeah Nah.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Yes, our boys will not want to be first to get rolled by the Tigpies, it would be embarrassing.

Especially after a solid win over the Storm.

Our motivation, back to back wins, holding our place in the 4 and continuing on a winning run heading towards magic Rd.

Don’t be afraid, we’ll be winning this game.

But you have to admit they have a cool looking club logo.
A31687DE-3AC6-4C76-8569-9F2F3DD651B2.jpeg

Stats from yesterday's NSW CUP game for our NRL hopefuls to replace Kelma

Samuela Fainu - Runs - 11 Metres - 108 - Post Contact Metres - 48 - Tackles Made - 29 - Missed Tackles 7
Ben Condon - Runs - 8 Metres - 73 - Post Contact Metres - 30 - Tackles Made - 17 - Missed Tackles 3
Sean Keppie - Runs- 7 Metres - 68 - Post Contact Metres - 26 - Tackles Made - 14 - Missed Tackles 1
Hmmm, 7 missed tackles for Fainu a worry

And I’m sure the refs will be happy to accommodate them.

This game is a real worry , we should win ,and easily , BUT don’t forget the script!!
I have a feeling this season might be one where we play well against the good teams and slack off against the lesser teams. This is certainly a danger game imo. I think we will win, but it won’t be easy. As another poster has already said, Tigers have lost all their games however have been in most all of them. They do have a few key outs tho, and it will be interesting to see how the respond with Douhi out.

But you have to admit they have a cool looking club logo.
I liked the old Balmain logo. Speaking of logos, I’d like to see us go back to the logo from the late 80s early 90s. Similar to what Parra did. That was the best thing the eels ever did. I mean gee they had sone horrid logos the eels.

I have a feeling this season might be one where we play well against the good teams and slack off against the lesser teams. This is certainly a danger game imo. I think we will win, but it won’t be easy. As another poster has already said, Tigers have lost all their games however have been in most all of them. They do have a few key outs tho, and it will be interesting to see how the respond with Douhi out.
Douhi is a huge out for them, virtually every play evolves around him. The Tigpies have had a couple of recent games where the score hasn't ballooned out, so think they are probably due for another blowout courtesy of the Sea Eagles.

Douhi is a huge out for them, virtually every play evolves around him. The Tigpies have had a couple of recent games where the score hasn't ballooned out, so think they are probably due for another blowout courtesy of the Sea Eagles.
We attack them in the middle like we did vs the storm and we might put a big score up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10