Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me, I'd be shocked, but if he gets a rest that's a plus.
Yeah, I only watched the reply today and there wasn't much in it. He landed on his back. I think the head rub milked it nicely. Having said that, it could have ended worse but he flipped him and then just let him go. Thankfully.

Great game for fainu to debut.

As much as this game could honestly be a real danger game.

This team has to learn to grow and learn to not be so reliant on Jurbo in the middle.

Rest Jake. Forced or unforced.

The bigger risk is our team just not showing up, that horrible attitude that they don't have to do the hard yards in the middle.

Resting Jake might just take that off the table. Someone gets a chance to step up. But all our forwards will at least know they are going to be defending more.

An opportunity to grow and others to step up is always a good thing.

Great game for fainu to debut.

As much as this game could honestly be a real danger game.

This team has to learn to grow and learn to not be so reliant on Jurbo in the middle.

Rest Jake. Forced or unforced.

The bigger risk is our team just not showing up, that horrible attitude that they don't have to do the hard yards in the middle.

Resting Jake might just take that off the table. Someone gets a chance to step up. But all our forwards will at least know they are going to be defending more.

An opportunity to grow and others to step up is always a good thing.
Excellent ideas

We need to be ruthless in these next two games, I mean they are absolute must wins. Felt like we dropped valuable points against rabbits and newcastle, so can't make fault of these next two games as we will go in heavy favourites. Just got to be full throttle killer, and put some scores to help our F/A and build confidence in the group. With the ins we have coming as well, have plenty of points in us. Flat track bully proceeding for the next two weeks and then sets us up for a top of the table blockbuster clash against Broncos at Magic Round.

Big ask , look at Penrith tonight

All the teams are struggling to be “ up “ week in week out in this crazy competition.
I also think Newcastle are a much better side than sone give them credit for. My youngest son loves the knights so I watch all their games with him. They have been in every game they’ve played so far. They are a very gritty team. Our draw against them could well have been a loss, so I’ll take that.

We need to be ruthless in these next two games, I mean they are absolute must wins. Felt like we dropped valuable points against rabbits and newcastle, so can't make fault of these next two games as we will go in heavy favourites. Just got to be full throttle killer, and put some scores to help our F/A and build confidence in the group. With the ins we have coming as well, have plenty of points in us. Flat track bully proceeding for the next two weeks and then sets us up for a top of the table blockbuster clash against Broncos at Magic Round.
Has been said already but F/A is not really relevant to us now That we’ve had the draw and on uneven pts. Unless it’s between us and Newcastle for a position in 8 or 4 or worse for the spoon at seasons end. It’s good not having to worry about that tbh.

Has been said already but F/A is not really relevant to us now That we’ve had the draw and on uneven pts. Unless it’s between us and Newcastle for a position in 8 or 4 or worse for the spoon at seasons end. It’s good not having to worry about that tbh.
What if we have another draw?

That said - Titans were very very competitive last night against quality opposition and have knocked off some decent sides. I’d have them pretty close to level-pegging with us TBH.

Big ask , look at Penrith tonight

All the teams are struggling to be “ up “ week in week out in this crazy competition.
Agree, it's mentally a big ask to be up for every game, especially after big games. It's just finding that nice balance between going flat out every game to easing back a bit on games that should be a given to us. The main thing is, after the 3rd SOO that's when the whips come out, and if we're in the 8 we should be in a good position for the run in to the semi's, and that really is when it counts.

Tricky game v Tigers. Their home crowd, and refs are only human, they would know they haven't had a win and will be careful not to give Manly too many 'lucky' calls, meaning lucky calls will probably go Tigers way.
If we are too physical we might get sin-bined, if we aren't physical we will lose anyway.
Both sides rested and coaches with time to make clever plans...
I expect a Manly win but could be quite close.

Agree, it's mentally a big ask to be up for every game, especially after big games. It's just finding that nice balance between going flat out every game to easing back a bit on games that should be a given to us. The main thing is, after the 3rd SOO that's when the whips come out, and if we're in the 8 we should be in a good position for the run in to the semi's, and that really is when it counts.
They're fulltime professional athletes getting paid enormous amounts to eat, sleep and train 6 days and play 80 min on day 7. They shouldn't be "mentally fatigued". It's not rocket science, they aren't responsible for people's lives like Doctors, nurses, emergency workers or in charge of huge companies and groups of people like managers, CEOs, teachers of kids. Fuk me they have no excuses to not be at 100% by kickoff unless they're injured.

They're fulltime professional athletes getting paid enormous amounts to eat, sleep and train 6 days and play 80 min on day 7. They shouldn't be "mentally fatigued". It's not rocket science, they aren't responsible for people's lives like Doctors, nurses, emergency workers or in charge of huge companies and groups of people like managers, CEOs, teachers of kids. Fuk me they have no excuses to not be at 100% by kickoff unless they're injured.
They are sometimes responsible for ME being mentally fatigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8