Things i dont want to hear in 2022.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Speed kills...the faster you go, the bigger the mess you leave behind...

Not sure how many more times I need to read Bozo’s thoughts on the merits of speed in today’s game.

Souffs getting preferential treatment......oops too late. Latrine gets 1 game off his suspension for the exhibition All Stars game, fuksake nothing changes. They class it as a representative game....give me a break.
How do the non indigenous players fare when they don't have a game they can drop a suspension off?

So now what they are saying is that if you're an Indigenous Australian or Maori, that game can be used to take one off your suspension?? And what about those not eligible for that game. How is that fair???

Same as last year when Fittler said that he might have picked Victor Radley for Origin so he got to take that off his suspension (conveniently a Roosters player, right Freddie??). Is it fair that some get to do that while others never will??

Non NRL competition club games should NOT count towards an NRL imposed suspension. Rep games, trial games, others like the Charity Shield ... none should ever count to a suspension. But, players should not be able to play those if suspended.
I'm with you 👍

Agreed. Suspensions should only count toward what format/comp their playing in.
Ok, so last SOO game series has been decided, Manly on top of Ladder on the back of another phenominal Turbo season.
Some scum or rorters Qld player who are in top 4 take Tommy out, either leg roll or Latrrel on Manu type.

Are you happy that player x won't be suspended for any NRL matches but will miss 3 SOO matches the following year if he hasn't retired ?

Ok, so last SOO game series has been decided, Manly on top of Ladder on the back of another phenominal Turbo season.
Some scum or rorters Qld player who are in top 4 take Tommy out, either leg roll or Latrrel on Manu type.

Are you happy that player x won't be suspended for any NRL matches but will miss 3 SOO matches the following year if he hasn't retired ?
Funnily enough, my answer is still yes. The player can serve his suspension in SOO the following year or international/ world cup games the same year. If it's a 6 game ban lets say.. thats potentially 2 years out of eligibility for SOO. It would more than likely rub out such acts..

Funnily enough, my answer is still yes. The player can serve his suspension in SOO the following year or international/ world cup games the same year. If it's a 6 game ban lets say.. thats potentially 2 years out of eligibility for SOO. It would more than likely rub out such acts..
Jeez your more even tempered than me, I would be fuming that Turbo was taken out illegally and couldn't play for Us for the rest of the year ultimately effecting our chances of a premiership, yet the grub who did it still plays on except for origin for 2 years.
I think most would be up in arms.

To me rep footy is an honour and a privilege to be selected, no one should ever have a walk up start, so if your suspended during the comp, you haven't earnt the right to have the honour to represent while your suspended.
Your automatically ineligible for selection so no, rep games should not count towards the total suspension but neither should they play.

Thats just me though I can see the alternative point

Jeez your more even tempered than me, I would be fuming that Turbo was taken out illegally and couldn't play for Us for the rest of the year ultimately effecting our chances of a premiership, yet the grub who did it still plays on except for origin for 2 years.

To me rep footy is an honour and a privilege to be selected, no one should ever have a walk up start, so if your suspended during the comp, you haven't earnt the right to have the honour to represent while your suspended.
Your automatically ineligible for selection so no, rep games should not count towards the total suspension but neither should they play.

I propose a system where if you injure a player through an act of foul play you get a suspension equal to the amount of tries and try assists that player had in the previous season. That way if anyone takes out Turbo they receive a 56 week suspension + loading.

At post-game press conferences especially, the mundane and uncreative questions from 'supposed' NRL journos.....ok 'opinion piece' writers

"So Des, didn't go your way tonight?" - No d#$khead, we lost
"So tell us, what impact does Turbo has on the team?" - Maybe a positive one, seeing he setup 4 tries and scored 3?
"Do you think Turbo can get even better?" - Nah mate he's peaked. It's all downhill from here. Watch him slide.
"xyz forward led from the front tonight" - Yeah thats kinda where forwards generally are - up front
"DCE led the team around the park tonight" - yeah thats his job...like, exclusively...
"xyz bench player really had an impact from the bench tonight!" - thats kinda the point of a bench player..
"So are you think you are a top-4 side?" - we are a top-16 side...hows that?
"So that injury to xyz didn't look good aye?" - nah mate, snapping his leg and ending his season is just a misunderstood benefit...hidden upside
"What did you think of the (Insert Refs Incident/Bad call). Did it affect the outcome of the game?" - Nah mate...course not. We were never going to win anyway, and I love $10k fines so happy to call him a tosser for you if that helps?

I definitely don't want to hear anything from the talentless, gossip-mongering twats on Fox or from News Corp/Nine Fairfax basically. There is a scriptbook they use, and it is so stale.
I rarely listen to pre or post match interviews, it's all the same, the obvious responses from the coaches. Only helpful for injury updates and a bit of tongue in cheek club gossip, for a bit of a chuckle..mmm !!

I wouldn't be happy about it...but I don't see why clubs should be punished in rep arenas. The player solely should be.. take away their privilege of putting on rep jerseys and the cash that comes with it. But yeah now u say it I can see the loophole that can be used. Nonetheless they still wont be able to play

The latrell suspension is different to the Walsh and cheese ones. Latrell was suspended by the nrl. The others were suspended by their clubs as a punishment. I think if the clubs stood them down for an nrl game then the trial can’t count, simple as that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8