Things i dont want to hear in 2022.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not 100% against that but what happens to a player who picks up a suspension in a SOO game?
I think SOO has a far "leaner interpretation of foul play"...in fact far less penalties and the game generally flows more due to these factors.
It's a great question and I have a few options, but simple is best.
I mean if there's a suspension in SOO, it has to be a pretty full on incident as there's only been a couple/few sendoffs in 30 years of SOO footy.....so if they are sent off, they are not allowed back to play for "THAT" series, but miss ZERO club games.
This way it effects their NSW or QLD teams and is not unfair on their team mates, coaches, sponsors and fans at NRL club level.
All in all, make it what it is - completely different events as I am more concerned personally about Manly winning a premiership than who wins Qld vs NSW.
The ONLY arguement could be "it's unfair on any player who would be injured by this send off offence"....but there's no perfect answer so that's my best ?

I’m signing with the roosters, yeah I know I got offered $500,000 more a season elsewhere but I supported the roosters as a kid and it’s a dream come true to play for them.

At post-game press conferences especially, the mundane and uncreative questions from 'supposed' NRL journos.....ok 'opinion piece' writers

"So Des, didn't go your way tonight?" - No d#$khead, we lost
"So tell us, what impact does Turbo has on the team?" - Maybe a positive one, seeing he setup 4 tries and scored 3?
"Do you think Turbo can get even better?" - Nah mate he's peaked. It's all downhill from here. Watch him slide.
"xyz forward led from the front tonight" - Yeah thats kinda where forwards generally are - up front
"DCE led the team around the park tonight" - yeah thats his job...like, exclusively...
"xyz bench player really had an impact from the bench tonight!" - thats kinda the point of a bench player..
"So are you think you are a top-4 side?" - we are a top-16 side...hows that?
"So that injury to xyz didn't look good aye?" - nah mate, snapping his leg and ending his season is just a misunderstood benefit...hidden upside
"What did you think of the (Insert Refs Incident/Bad call). Did it affect the outcome of the game?" - Nah mate...course not. We were never going to win anyway, and I love $10k fines so happy to call him a tosser for you if that helps?

I definitely don't want to hear anything from the talentless, gossip-mongering twats on Fox or from News Corp/Nine Fairfax basically. There is a scriptbook they use, and it is so stale.

Whoever says "GOODBYE" when there's a breakaway try. I think it's Warren smith or vossy, i dunno they sound identical to me.

So if Tom got a 1 game suspension before Origin he should not be allowed to play Origin then have his suspension count towards Manly.

So he'd miss multiple games for possibly a minor indiscretion..

Sorry can diagree more.

For mine its pretty simple. If a player is made sit out a game then it counts to their suspension.

Latrell would have played in the All Stars game and was forced to sit out so count it. Radley was to be in for Origin so count it. You can't double punish players.

That said.....the All Stars game is an exhibition and my view is Latrell should have been able to play then his suspension resumes in NRL games.

Same with trials
Agreed. Suspensions should only count toward what format/comp their playing in.

Whoever says "GOODBYE" when there's a breakaway try. I think it's Warren smith or vossy, i dunno they sound identical to me.
I was going to say that too - Dan Ginnane is easily the commentator that grates me the most.

If Rabs is still calling, discussion over Manly trying to buy premierships with raids on Souths etc, now some 50 years ago.
And it wasn't true even then. ALL of those Souths players left of their own accord, because the club was messing them around over contract negotiations. Arko offered each of them a straight deal, which they took. But in each case, THEY approached HIM, not the other way around...there was NO "poaching" going on. 🤨

Source: "South Sydney - Pride of the League" by Ian Heads

Last edited:
If Rabs is still calling, discussion over Manly trying to buy premierships with raids on Souths etc, now some 50 years ago.
In the same vein, any insinuation from Masters that boyd (coota) Dorahy (sth coast) and brown (Dubbo) had any affiliation with Wests, apart from lobbing there for a chance to play footy, prior to moving to manly. The way he carries on you’d think they were west’s juniors forced to come to manly against their will.

Actually update that: Roy Masters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8