These short term late season loans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

What are peoples thoughts? Nofo this year, TPJ last...

I don't like them. Sure it suits the Storm in stacking the deck, it suits the Tigers in freeing some cap space and it suits Nofo in playing finals footy but for mine it doesnt suit the fans.

Bring back the old June 30 for mid season switches

Nah I don't like it. Part of rugby league on a game day level is the fatigue factor and its appealing to me at least in the longer term of a season also. Injuries happen and it makes the game more exciting and interesting in a morbid kind of way.

You shouldn't be able to buy your way out of injury in round 20

If you are a struggling club and trying to turn your fortunes around, it is one of the only levers you have to get a decent jump on next year. I don’t like it, but unless and until a draft is in place, I accept it on basis of the flexibility it gives the struggling clubs.

Don't like it, teams should have to live and play within their squad and feeder clubs, the back end of the seasonand not purchase short term merchs leading into the finals.
Rugby league has always been a war of attrition.

One off unusual events like Covid and dislocation years the exception

Between stuff like this, the continued poor refereeing in our game and the **** show going on at our club at the moment it's getting harder to get behind rugby league.

Why should the Storm be rewarded for not having enough depth? We haven't had any depth for 4+ years and our best player keeps going down. Obviously our cap is ****ed but if Penrith (TPJ), Storm (Nofo) and Roosters (Lodge) can make this happen then why can't we (I know the answer but it's frustrating)

I'm more used to it following the NHL but that said the NHL is simply miles ahead in professionalism and galaxies in front concerning the amount of money in the game. (70+ mill sal cap anyone).

Plus with drafts and trade days, player movements are more common.

Calgary just lost their two best players...which I found hilarious.

At the moment, I don't really like it for the nrl because it seems that by some miracle, the teams that can afford to buy short term players are teams doing well and you'd think they wouldn't have the cap space in the first place - due to a high number of good players. (usual suspects: storm/riff/rorters, etc)

So, like everything else in the nrl...it feels a bit dodgy, but I can understand both clubs and especially players wanting to actually play footy.

Nofo is one of the Tugers best three players yet they let him go?
How does Melbourne have Cap space?
Wouldn't it have been wiser for Manly to keep some money in the kitty rather than splash it on glitzy new jerseys....?

If you are a struggling club and trying to turn your fortunes around, it is one of the only levers you have to get a decent jump on next year. I don’t like it, but unless and until a draft is in place, I accept it on basis of the flexibility it gives the struggling clubs.

But it's not the struggling clubs that utilise this rort .... it is Easts and Melbourne ...

Not a fan of the system, and like everything in the NRL to do with the salary cap there is zero transparency. How does it even work ?? How do you qualify to do it ?? how does it effect the loaner and loanee clubs cap ?? Smoke and mirrors as usual - with an assurance from the NRL that they are monitoring it ?? like they monitored all the salary cap breaches in the past and only discovered them when someone blew the whistle

Nofo is one of the Tugers best three players yet they let him go?
How does Melbourne have Cap space?
Wouldn't it have been wiser for Manly to keep some money in the kitty rather than splash it on glitzy new jerseys....?

he is on the outer there.

if our team had a manger/owner that was competent we'd of reached out for him and or James Roberts.

But it's not the struggling clubs that utilise this rort .... it is Easts and Melbourne ...
I can only assume that they have legitimate space in their salary cap for this type of option, and it’s available to every other club to adopt the same strategy. So play on in my book.

If manly were out of the running, I’d be wanting us to loan players to free up cap for next year.

Not a fan of the system, and like everything in the NRL to do with the salary cap there is zero transparency. How does it even work ?? How do you qualify to do it ?? how does it effect the loaner and loanee clubs cap ?? Smoke and mirrors as usual - with an assurance from the NRL that they are monitoring it ?? like they monitored all the salary cap breaches in the past and only discovered them when someone blew the whistle
The key word in your statement is “transparency”.Nothing about the salary cap is transparent

The TPJ & Lodge ones I can get, but Nofa's on loan & will be returning to the Tigers at the end of the season.

I agree it's not right, PVL stated last year that clubs had to manage their squads in response to one club (was it Manly?) voicing their concerns about being short due to injury.

he is on the outer there.

if our team had a manger/owner that was competent we'd of reached out for him and or James Roberts.
I can give you a little tip about Nofoaluma’s ability,last season from RD1,I started backing his opposite winger for anytime try scorer every week.By seasons end,I was able to buy a new Titleist 3Wood with the profits(true story)This season hasn’t been as profitable thus far as he has missed 7 rds and I’m 4 from 12 rds he’s played but even Tigers supporters are not fans of his and not just because of his footy.Granted not all tries conceded down his wing are his fault,but if a Manly winger had a strike rate like that,I’m sure he’d have a negative thread on ST after one week

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4