The V'Landy's era .. Pass or fail poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The World according to Pete has been ..

• An overwhelming success .. brilliant.

• Very good

• A pass mark

• needs to be better

• A failure

• Needs to be sacked immediately ..

Results are only viewable after voting.
Compared to Greensprog he is the messiah..
Yeah but are we comparing depth of the poo...

Greenturd was a dictator no doubt but PVL is showing that, whilst he is a great negotiator and boardroom man, when it comes to understanding the actual game itself, well he could not even pronounce Rugby League let alone understand it...

Yes, I have been saying for 2 weeks it would sort itself ...

But in saying that ... there were no real accidental, blatant or reckless headshots that needed adjudication (or lying down over) last night ... so I wouldn't be putting the glasses away yet ...
But Murray was concussed from forceful contact to the head and failed his HIA. Feltd was placed on report for the incident but escaped with a fine.

I wonder what would happen, if say, Marty Tapau, was to do the same thing tomorrow night?

You will see what you want to see ... I must of missed all the head shots you saw ..

But I will make you a bet ... if there are any swinging arms or shoulders to the head in SOO 2 & 3 I will put London to brick they are binned or OFF ...
One of your best @Woodsie.

You must have been asleep when Murray was ironed out.

Be interesting how this weekends games are going to be officiated after origin now.
At least 4 head contacts were let go, not even a penalty last night and a few times where the bunker could have as they have been doing going back 4 tackles to pick the infringement.
Mind you I hate them doing it but just shows how $$$$ overcomes their so called concern for player safety.

Yes origin has always been reffed differently but never in the lead up to one in normal games have we been subject to the sh1tstorm we have these past few weeks all because they have so much concern for players.

Th
Be interesting how this weekends games are going to be officiated after origin now.
At least 4 head contacts were let go, not even a penalty last night and a few times where the bunker could have as they have been doing going back 4 tackles to pick the infringement.
Mind you I hate them doing it but just shows how $$$$ overcomes their so called concern for player safety.

Yes origin has always been reffed differently but never in the lead up to one in normal games have we been subject to the sh1tstorm we have these past few weeks all because they have so much concern for players.
Ere was ONE that he awarded very late in the piece and it was daine laurie -ish level of contact...

seemed a token gesture for mine after some of the others that were let go...

Th

Ere was ONE that he awarded very late in the piece and it was daine laurie -ish level of contact...

seemed a token gesture for mine after some of the others that were let go...
If they can do it for origin they can do it for club rounds. Send the intentional and bad shots to the the bin or off but let the game flow otherwise.
He just gave them the blueprint let's see if the other games follow suit

Cmon... the shot on Murray has been putting blokes in the bin for weeks... there were plenty of incidental contacts to the head that did not result in penalties last night - eg. Luai...

The NRL have ruined sooooo many games over the last few weeks and for what..? To simply move the goalposts at origin time undermines any justification for their unnecessary actions...

...and may ruin the game by exposing it to court action - or so they would have had us believe in recent times.... Vlandys and Abdo should hang their head in shame imo but I won't hold my breath...
One rule for the premiership & another for SOO…..

But Murray was concussed from forceful contact to the head and failed his HIA. Feltd was placed on report for the incident but escaped with a fine.

I wonder what would happen, if say, Marty Tapau, was to do the same thing tomorrow night?
Well the next player binned or sent off for a similar tackle will contest the charge & have footage of the Feldt hit as defence.

I hate us being the first game after origin. A bit of backlash and vlandys seems the guy that might want to prove a point even if that is that he is stubburn

I hate us being the first game after origin. A bit of backlash and vlandys seems the guy that might want to prove a point even if that is that he is stubburn
V'landys actually said that the refs got the calls in Origin right. He said that the players have adjusted...
V’landys said: “There was one incident that people thought the player should’ve been sin-binned, but the bunker has all these different angles and they looked at all the angles and they believed the contact wasn’t to the head in the first instance.”

He went on to claim the crackdown had largely achieved its aim of reducing ‘thuggery to the head’.

“The most important thing is, the players have adjusted and the thuggery to the head is gone.

“It makes the game more entertaining, but what’s more appealing to me is, it brings the women back to watch our game.

“They don’t like to see hits to the head or the thuggery and I thought our game on Wednesday showed what it is, which is entertainment-plus.

“That was proven by the fact that it was the highest-rating TV show of the year.’’

V'landys actually said that the refs got the calls in Origin right. He said that the players have adjusted...
V’landys said: “There was one incident that people thought the player should’ve been sin-binned, but the bunker has all these different angles and they looked at all the angles and they believed the contact wasn’t to the head in the first instance.”

He went on to claim the crackdown had largely achieved its aim of reducing ‘thuggery to the head’.

“The most important thing is, the players have adjusted and the thuggery to the head is gone.

“It makes the game more entertaining, but what’s more appealing to me is, it brings the women back to watch our game.

“They don’t like to see hits to the head or the thuggery and I thought our game on Wednesday showed what it is, which is entertainment-plus.

“That was proven by the fact that it was the highest-rating TV show of the year.’’

"they believed the contact wasn't to the head in the first instance"... and he is insinuating that only the bunker could see the angle that showed this...

c'mon... that contact was WORSE than many that have sat blokes on the side-line for 10min in recent times - for christs sake, the player on the receiving end did not return to the field...

...but nothing to see here, move along...

here's 2 angles.... you be the judge...

1623389507786.png
1623389591337.png

Last edited:
"they believed the contact wasn't to the head in the first instance"... and he is insinuating that only the bunker could see the angle that showed this...

c'mon... that contact was WORSE than many that have sat blokes on the side-line for 10min in recent times - for christs sake, the player on the receiving end did not return to the field...

...but nothing to see here, move along...

here's 2 angles.... you be the judge...

View attachment 18391 View attachment 18392
It's just not credible, is it? Like Todd a few years back, in the face of extreme backlash against the ruck crackdown, saying when they eased up that "the players have got the message, they are not infringing any more". And all at once, across the globe, we said, "yeah right!".

The inconsistencies keep flowing after origin with the crackdown, Hethrington sent off for an accident, Proctor high shot on Manu only gets a penalty, Nathan Brown only gets put on report and penalised, Sivo smashes Douhie right across the beak and gets sin binned.

Vlandy’s and Annersley should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute.

When will the lottery stop and the bunker do his job correctly?

The NRL head shot crackdown has been a huge success ... but we don't blame V'Landy's when horsehead in the bunker makes some of his howler try decisions ... why blame V'Landy's when a complete numbnut sends Hethrington off .... the Bunker is again at the forefront of stupidity ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6