The V'Landy's era .. Pass or fail poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The World according to Pete has been ..

• An overwhelming success .. brilliant.

• Very good

• A pass mark

• needs to be better

• A failure

• Needs to be sacked immediately ..

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even an ape could see that this supposed "headshot crackdown" would bring problems to the game. Origin was clearly refereed differently; then there's the growing list of charges that directly contradict the bloody crackdown.

The parameters are changing game to game, week to week, minute to minute. This sh1t show is what happens when knee jerk reactions get implemented without proper consultation.

Confusion, inconsistency, officials influencing games, shocking calls from the bunker, interpretation excuses, faked injuries, fans and players confused.

It was only ever going to get to this point.

It depends, @Woodsie, on whether you think PVL is responsible for creating the environment in which such a decision could be made.

And besides, didn't the video ref simply apply the rules as handed down by the Commission? It was direct and forceful contact to the head, which means a send off. According to the policy, mitigating factors aren't a relevant consideration.

It's an absurd outcome even on its own, but particularly absurd when viewed in light of the punishments handed down for other incidents (e.g., Proctor, Sivo and Feldt in Origin). It doesn't help when PVL comes out and confirms all decisions in Origin were correct when we could all see a different standard being applied.

So in some respects I can hardly blame the official when PVL and the Commission have created this environment on the run (notwithstanding the intention behind it is good).

It depends, @Woodsie, on whether you think PVL is responsible for creating the environment in which such a decision could be made.

And besides, didn't the video ref simply apply the rules as handed down by the Commission? It was direct and forceful contact to the head, which means a send off. According to the policy, mitigating factors aren't a relevant consideration.

It's an absurd outcome even on its own, but particularly absurd when viewed in light of the punishments handed down for other incidents (e.g., Proctor, Sivo and Feldt in Origin). It doesn't help when PVL comes out and confirms all decisions in Origin were correct when we could all see a different standard being applied.

So in some respects I can hardly blame the official when PVL and the Commission have created this environment on the run (notwithstanding the intention behind it is good).
The bunker acted no differently to how they did when Tedesco fell into a tackle against the Cows. But they did act differently with Proctor, Sivo, Feldt and the way SOO was refereed. There are other examples as well - plenty of them in fact. Peter V'Landy's is most definitely responsible for the current mess.

The bunker acted no differently to how they did when Tedesco fell into a tackle against the Cows. But they did act differently with Proctor, Sivo, Feldt and the way SOO was refereed. There are other examples as well - plenty of them in fact. Peter V'Landy's is most definitely responsible for the current mess.
And if past performance is an indicator of future performance, Gaslight Pete will come out and tell us that the decision to send Hetherington off was correct and that the other decisions were as well.

fans and players confused.
Gorilla Reaction GIF

And if past performance is an indicator of future performance, Gaslight Pete will come out and tell us that the decision to send Hetherington off was correct and that the other decisions were as well.

No, the NRL has come out and said the decision to send Hethrington off was wrong .. confirmed by no suspension ... unavoidable or accidental have only warranted penalty and report since week one of the crackdown ... to me the rules and environment are crystal clear ... again it is the knobs in the bunker that are again demonstrating their collective stupidity ..

The test of V'Landy's isn't that he has rightfully cracked down on headshots .. it will be how he handles an incompetent bunker ... we know from experience with try reviews, stripping and knock-on calls ... they can see and interpret some pretty good howlers ... about 1 in ten I would guess ... I'm not expecting any better stats on headshots ...

Also the judiciary ... how they came to the view that Kafusia didn't trip the other week will remain one of life's great mysteries ... each of these departments, the bunker, the review committee, the ref's and the judiciary would confound Solomon ...

My prediction is that we will settle back to where we are now with the other howlers ... as long as we are getting upset at the howler ... it means it is an exception and not the rule ..

Hahahaha. Another one where Fitzgibbon( the cheating, milking scum) simply just needs to aim his tackle lower!

This is working out soooooo well.

Time for Vlandy’s to change his strategy with the spreading of fearmongering through his mates in the media and act on the diabolical mess he has created.

There needs to be some realism brought into the high shots, defensive players getting sin binned and penalised due to the attacking players falling is confusing.

Vlandy’s acted in the sphere of influence bringing these diabolical changes into the game, the dictatorship leadership style is prehistoric, engagement with key stakeholders is now getting urgent to get the game back to where officials, players and fans understand the rules of the game.

Garbage sport...it’s no longer played on the field...it played in a bunker full of tv screens; how stupid.
What gets me is they knew they had a problem with how much input the video refs/bunker had on games. So then they decide to give the bunker even more control over matches.
Ive got such a bitter taste in my mouth about the sport we love currently, my love for Manly is always unrivalled no matter what, but the sport as a whole is in a very dark place thanks to the ARLC gestapos.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8