[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Time for Twenty Bwarret to go.

He picks the rabble that is Manly, he bought the players, the coaches and the results speak for themselves.

"The titans have scored one of the softest tries of the year"

Cya twenty.

So how many injuries did we have in round 1 and then round 2? Hmm we looked terrible in those games as well, but the excuses were different.

And quite frankly there have been far too many excuses and I am sick of hearing them. It is so obvious that Twent is way out of his depth. He might be a nice bloke, but he can't coach a first grade team.

The responsibility for this lays squarely with the owner....!

How are the other 20 members of the squad going to get injured. Who am I kidding, their u20's would beat us 13+
Penrith under 20's would beat this squad by 50. Now we are starting to see how Manly and Bozo got CONNED by Gould - we get garbage like Lewis Brown, Korisau, Barrett, Cartwright, they have a whole squad of young cheap players ready to fill their squad for future success!!
CONNED BOZO!!!!
NYEagle

Manly's recent history reminds me of the late Cold War period and its aftermath. Two different owners who couldn't really get on, apparently manoeuvring to bring about the fall of the other.

However like shifting tectonic plates, they kept each other in check.

Then one side sells out to the other with all the troubles seemingly going away. Instead of Santayana declaring it's the end of history, it's Rothfield and co. informing us that peace has broken out and all is right with the Manly-Warringah firmament.

Within a somewhat shorter time than the US remained the lone superpower, the Penns' overreached and a shambles ensued. For the US it was imperial overreach in the Middle East, bringing down the Iraqi regime and creating a vacuum that brought on a whole new set of problems. Dubya had to punish Saddam for defying his father and remaining in power after the first Gulf War.

For the Penns' it was listening to their own Neo-cons, ZtH and Bozo; in effect that they should bring down the house that Des built and that Geoff perpetuated. Like the Americans with Saddam, the Penns' had to destroy Geoff's legacy, for daring to defy them and back the other owner.

And it all ended in tears and huge sums of money (in relative terms) down the drain. Plus potentially years of turmoil to follow.

For what exactly?

Last edited:
I was willing to give Trent a go, and from day 1 have been 'well it's early days blah blah blah'. But I don't see anything.

Sure there are injuries and a heap of excuses, and we all acknowledge that, but where's the effort? Where's the altering the game plan and sneaking a win with key players out?

I think above all else, where's the improvement and the direction? And that to me is what's sealing it for me. I don't see improvement, and I'm not talking results necessarily, I'll concede we will struggle with the injuries and the key players out, but give me something. An improvement in discipline, in effort, in attitude......It's not there. If anything we seem to be going backwards. Where's the working with the halves for 5th tackle options?? The up and under kick (with no chasers), is not really inspiring anyone.

manly_c8cxdwjkm32h1wm1qaw4bxjmi.png
SEA EAGLES
manly_c8cxdwjkm32h1wm1qaw4bxjmi.png
TEAM PHOTO 2016

Missed the game tonight went fishing instead, caught a 6kg snapper.
Came home and watched the highlights, to be honest i wasnt really surprised with the results.
You know what hurts the most was watching a shattered captain Tom at the press conference, breaks your heart.

When Des became Manly's coach I was surprised as I always thought of him as a quiet introverted guy.
The first year of his coaching we lost many games but they where close loses and the team competed in every game.
Unfortunately, with Trent, I don't think he is capable of inspiring the team. He may have a good knowlage of the game but he seems laid back and lacks passion.
I think he is not the guy to take Manly into the future.
What including the run of three weeks when the opposition put 50 on us in a row?

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2004/results.html

It is amazing how our minds perceive something (sorry for stepping on your territory Rex...)

Here we go again THE PRESSER, same farking excuses by TB ,
1. missing players
2 missing players
3. missing players
u farking scumbag, even when we did have these players around u were still loosing games.
As a coach what are you going to do to compensate the temporary loss of these players???? u have no idea , go back to modelling

Jake Turbo is more optimistic than TB, what a tragedy for the players
Lol I like this guy.........you vent good!
NYEagle

So how many injuries did we have in round 1 and then round 2? Hmm we looked terrible in those games as well, but the excuses were different.

And quite frankly there have been far too many excuses and I am sick of hearing them. It is so obvious that Twent is way out of his depth. He might be a nice bloke, but he can't coach a first grade team.

The responsibility for this lays squarely with the owner....!
Watch the first set of six in the first game from Manly this year, then the first set of six from the Bulldogs. Manly were owned by their opposition from the first day!
NYEagle

Watch the first set of six in the first game from Manly this year, then the first set of six from the Bulldogs. Manly were owned by their opposition from the first day!
NYEagle
I called this before the kickoff for round 1 and it pains me greatly to have been proven right. The team selections for round 1 was utterly diabolical and the complete absence of anything that resembled a game plan on that day and pretty much every game since is there for all to see.

We have no defensive structure and the players appear to be not putting in for their coach. I respect Scott Penn immensely, but it is way past time for him to simply say, yes we messed this up and we need to cut our losses now.

Cleary or Hasler back for me and let's do it now!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4