The Tim Cleary Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
I would suggest that Cleary may have a mandate to do something that the Penn's won't do for fear of backlash... diminish the role of Bozo and maybe get him out. Penn brought him (bozo) back with the best of intentions, but he (Penn) like us, can see that Bozo has made some very poor decisions.

I would bet the left that Penn has brought Cleary in to do exactly what he is doing. Winning the internal war with Bozo. I would be super surprized if Cleary did not discuss this with the owners prior to speaking with the media. Therefore, I don't see this as him signing his death warrant. I see this as the first official push and I expect Bozo to resign in the very near future if results dont dramatically turn around.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I would suggest that Cleary may have a mandate to do something that the Penn's won't do for fear of backlash... diminish the role of Bozo and maybe get him out. Penn brought him (bozo) back with the best of intentions, but he (Penn) like us, can see that Bozo has made some very poor decisions.

I would bet the left that Penn has brought Cleary in to do exactly what he is doing. Winning the internal war with Bozo. I would be super surprized if Cleary did not discuss this with the owners prior to speaking with the media. Therefore, I don't see this as him signing his death warrant. I see this as the first official push and I expect Bozo to resign in the very near future if results dont dramatically turn around.
Most people would get the message and resign if they'd made a complete cock up of things.
But let's not forget how long he hung around in the blues consultant role despite the state continually having seven shades of sh"t beaten out of it.
Some just can't accept that it's for the best to let go.

yokahontas

Bencher

I hope you're right.

I'm guessing that Cleary has definitely been told he has the Penns' backing, but whether that holds when it comes to the crunch remains to be seen...

tookey

First Grader
The civil war at Manly will get worse before it gets better.

There can only be one winner - league immortal Bob Fulton or new CEO Tim Cleary - and each camp is prepared to dig in for a long fight.

What is clear is the club's owners - the Penn family - have given Cleary the green light to makes the changes he thinks are needed.

That's included the removal of Bozo's daughter from the club in a clear indication Cleary wants to lessen the Fulton family's influence.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...nly-warrin/1bt2xs0egeei31buyz3b3w30s5/slide/4

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
My tip.........gone within a month!!

Saying all the right words , but will become the 8th CEO in what is a short time.

Seriously though, we are **** on the field , off the field. To let it go into the media and have it not settled privately is a JOKE! If it's not sorted within a month, I know who will be gone - US, all the supporters

yokahontas

Bencher
I'm not saying we should hear from him.
Just that we hired this guy to do what Bozo is doing?
Why?

I was just questioning where he fits into the picture given there seems to be a slight nudge for Bozo and co to move along....

Wonder if he was hired by the Penns or Cleary or Bozo...?

It may not be the same job as Bozo is doing - 'Head of NRL Football Operations' might mean he's the guy in charge of the day-to-day 'operations' like ensuring team sheets are submitted on time, cap rules are followed when you bring lower graders into the squad or whatever.

Unlike the ceremonial position of 'Grand High Poo-bah of Football' that Bozo occupies.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
As usual those who are effective in some areas think they know everything in other areas I suspect. Hadley for example is just a good radio sports caller. He's nothing more. He was brought on as a shock jock because he's got a convincing style on radio. He sounds smart to some but he sits there at the mike with at least one support person with computer and google at hand when he needs to demonstrate he knows something about issues he discusses. And he's become full of his own importance and quite frankly has let power go to his head.

Fulton was a great footballer and fine coach (though he always had the best players he could secure). No question he loves Manly and when he came back to 'fix' things I was pleased because we were going no where and he understands Manly. But like Hadley, he is now over reaching himself and making some autocratic decisions, such as his nepotism with family members and perhaps sticking his nose into Barretts job. OK, as a mentor, but the final say should be Barretts. He has to live with those decisions. Fulton is smart but not that smart. Remember he was a boilermaker who made good because of his football skills, not his intellect.

Peters was a good footballer, and is a good journo. But he is only big at Manly on the coat tails of the Penns. Again he's allowed power to go to his head.

Cleary to me seems a clear thinking smart operator, who knows how to manage people and who is no doubt there to get Manly as a club back on track. I applaud the Penns for that and hope he continues. I dont want to see either Peters or Fulton thrown out of the club. But I do hope to see that they understand the limits of their involvement and accept it

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Most people would get the message and resign if they'd made a complete cock up of things.
But let's not forget how long he hung around in the blues consultant role despite the state continually having seven shades of sh"t beaten out of it.
Some just can't accept that it's for the best to let go.
agree but with all the media attention and the lack of on field results (which most attribute to our poor recruitment), I think the pressure will be too much and it will leave him with little option but to go. The only thing that could save him now is the team winning more than they lose... Can't see that happening.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
A message to The Principle , the Immortal and all involved at our proud club
Can we please get on with our jobs and keep our fighting for premiership success on the football field !!!
Thank you .
fca7020804d821b38b89ae6a81246836.jpg

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Bozo is there in a honorary capacity so not as if there is a contract or any thing.

He was/is my hero. I just loved watching him play. Started following Manly the year before he came up from west Wollongong. I get the feeling he is not helping get a cohesive atmosphere. He was part of the group that removed the soul hoping there could be a better replacement. Well that will take a long time, in my opinion. I still have trouble reconciling the shafting of so many great people.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
My big hope is that they brought him in because they could see the monster they'd created by letting ZtH loose and giving The Immortal so much power. Not wanting to upset family and friends, they brought someone else in to do it. I know, I know ...
So much angst could have been avoided if the oleaginous Hellenic eunuch had remained unemployed by the owners/club/whatever, post Good Sortgate.

The William Conrad impressionist (sadly without the deep resonant voice) is a walking disaster area when it comes to his ongoing involvement with the Sea Eagles.

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
So much angst could have been avoided if the oleaginous Hellenic eunuch had remained unemployed by the owners/club/whatever, post Good Sortgate.

The William Conrad impressionist (sadly without the deep resonant voice) is a walking disaster area when it comes to his ongoing involvement with the Sea Eagles.
Need to hit 'funny' and 'agree'. My life's a mess. :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14