The Tim Cleary Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Interesting read. It's just a continuation of our ongoing infighting....Cleary obviously knows he's taking on the Big Kahoona at Manly......should give us a distraction from the shiit start to the season.
If you want a good laugh, scroll down to the Bryce Cartwright story, and his new girlfriend.....:heartbreak:

Hey all,
My first post.. saw this on SMH (just breaking) though it needed sharing.. wow!
(By Danny Wiedler).. Would post the link but I need to get my post count up.

Kristie's removal is a clear warning from Cleary that he has bigger targets in mind. He would have known the ramifications of her dismissal. It is worth noting that Fulton runs the football department and Cleary the administration, making Fulton a hard target, if that's Cleary's intention.
Happy first post.The more, the merrier.@hillsince91 .

He's at Bradford as well, isn't he? Pretty sure I've read it was his idea to sign Tooves as coach.
Lowey as head of football doesn't sound too bad.
I hated that he took Thommos place as coach ( Thommo ) got no chance but Lowey is a genuine bloke who loves this club. And he is a common sense no bs bloke.

Which means he's no hope !!

Hey all,
My first post.. saw this on SMH (just breaking) though it needed sharing.. wow!
(By Danny Wiedler).. Would post the link but I need to get my post count up.

Kristie's removal is a clear warning from Cleary that he has bigger targets in mind. He would have known the ramifications of her dismissal. It is worth noting that Fulton runs the football department and Cleary the administration, making Fulton a hard target, if that's Cleary's intention.
Great 1st post mate.

Can't remember what mine was and it wasn't even a year ago.
Would've just been more rubbish....

Lowey as head of football doesn't sound too bad.
I hated that he took Thommos place as coach ( Thommo ) got no chance but Lowey is a genuine bloke who loves this club. And he is a common sense no bs bloke.

Which means he's no hope !!
If Tooves is willing to fly to the other side of the planet and coach/assist in a club on its knees, he must be a champion bloke.@:)

Tim Cleary has just gone up a few levels in my book. Finally we have a CEO who is no fool and has a set of coconuts.

Bozos biggest downfall has always been nepotism getting in the way of what is in the clubs best interest.

Bozo your team has not exactly been going too well since you've been back involved in running this ship champ.

How about you focus on doing your job at the club, rather then finding jobs at the club for all your kids!!!

Ok, so we weren't able to sort out the issue with the NRL over Matai / Stewart. I'm thinking the club might milk those retirements now as a means to get crowds to Brooky, but rightfully so, both Matai and Stewart deserve appropriate farewells.

I'm a little disappointed in the easy outs over Taupau and AFB, but like I said in another thread, maybe we know how the NRL treats us, and Cleary maybe took the lesser of two evils.

We have been unable to advance the negotiations around BROOKVALE Oval. The only thing we've done is bring in an embarrassing name to garnish more dollars that will probably be lost through gate takings due to poor performance.

One thing that concerns me, is the back office politicking seems to be peeking again (and as a headmaster of a very accomplished school), that's something I was hoping would cease entirely. We had great media attention this off season.

Performances on the field are extremely poor. We are about to equal the clubs worst ever losing streak in over 70 years. I attribute that to Bob Fulton mainly. This is his baby, and that baby is awfully sick.

On all measures to date, I think Cleary has failed miserably. But if he has The Penn's support, and we can ween the Fulton name (and it IS still a wonderful name) out of the club, I'd actually say Cleary's activity to date is a wash (and I seriously hope he has The Penn's support).

I really hope Mr Cleary can get on top of some of the issues the club is dealing with. It is scandalous that the NRL are holding us to ransom over Snake and Skivvy and that is has not been finalised leaving the club at a big disadvantage in relation to our squad or our ability to replace them.

His challenge is to break up the clique that controls the club. Fulton should only be involved in football matters and held accountable for the results of the club. Penn has to either back his CEO or get one of him minions to do the job cause we need strong leadership right now.

The clock is ticking fellas!!

I have no idea why anyone would taken the poison chalice that is the CEO of Manly.

With power struggles and people like Bozo and ZtH hanging around it will never be simple.

Good luck Tim, but like the last guy I expect you'll be shafted before long for " not towing the company line".

I have no idea why anyone would taken the poison chalice that is the CEO of Manly.

With power struggles and people like Bozo and ZtH hanging around it will never be simple.

Good luck Tim, but like the last guy I expect you'll be shafted before long for " not towing the company line".

I somewhat disagree mate. We needed a leader willing to make tough decisions. Firing Bob Fulton's daughter was just that, so I respect the man and give kudos for that.

We need him to bust some balls, and it looks like he is headed that way.

Take no prisoners Mr Cleary. Do that, and I'll be renewing my membership stat, because that is what Manly stands for. Victory, no matter what, and we've lost that.

I somewhat disagree mate. We needed a leader willing to make tough decisions. Firing Bob Fulton's daughter was just that, so I respect the man and give kudos for that.

We need him to bust some balls, and it looks like he is headed that way.

Take no prisoners Mr Cleary. Do that, and I'll be renewing my membership stat, because that is what Manly stands for. Victory, no matter what, and we've lost that.

Oh don't get me wrong that WAS ballsy, but not hard to imagine Bozo getting on the phone to the Pennster ( immediately) and saying " Well Scottie my boy , basically it's him, or me, make your choice".

The next move on the chess set will be most interesting.

Oh don't get me wrong that WAS ballsy, but not hard to imagine Bozo getting on the phone to the Pennster ( immediately) and saying " Well Scottie my boy , basically it's him, or me, make your choice".

The next move on the chess set will be most interesting.

Then I hope Penn is willing (like you've always stated very wisely he should mate) to back his CEO. Trent Barrett needs to be allowed to mark HIS footprint in this team.

Imagine someone like Fulton overseeing Bellamy? Bellamy would tell him where to stick it.

Ok, so we weren't able to sort out the issue with the NRL over Matai / Stewart. I'm thinking the club might milk those retirements now as a means to get crowds to Brooky, but rightfully so, both Matai and Stewart deserve appropriate farewells.

I'm a little disappointed in the easy outs over Taupau and AFB, but like I said in another thread, maybe we know how the NRL treats us, and Cleary maybe took the lesser of two evils.

We have been unable to advance the negotiations around BROOKVALE Oval. The only thing we've done is bring in an embarrassing name to garnish more dollars that will probably be lost through gate takings due to poor performance.

One thing that concerns me, is the back office politicking seems to be peeking again (and as a headmaster of a very accomplished school), that's something I was hoping would cease entirely. We had great media attention this off season.

Performances on the field are extremely poor. We are about to equal the clubs worst ever losing streak in over 70 years. I attribute that to Bob Fulton mainly. This is his baby, and that baby is awfully sick.

On all measures to date, I think Cleary has failed miserably. But if he has The Penn's support, and we can ween the Fulton name (and it IS still a wonderful name) out of the club, I'd actually say Cleary's activity to date is a wash (and I seriously hope he has The Penn's support).
I think he's actually doing a good job, he's gutsy. Agree though, I like how he is confronting the main problems (Bozo, Finances). Cleary is a very confident and open leader that may well eliminate the Fulton's who want only success financially rather than on the field. Go cleary I and many manly fans are backing you and I hope the Penn's follow suit as well. He's one of the few people we've got, along with Delmege, to take a stand against Bozo's wrongdoings and save us so im giving them all my faith.

Then I hope Penn is willing (like you've always stated very wisely he should mate) to back his CEO. Trent Barrett needs to be allowed to mark HIS footprint in this team.

Imagine someone like Fulton overseeing Bellamy? Bellamy would tell him where to stick it.

Personally speaking only , I'm still unconvinced that Barrett is actually in charge......at all.

He seems genuinely passionate, but his performance in the post match press conferences suggest he either has , no ****ing idea, or can't say what he really feels like in fear of losing his job.

With both sons , and a daughter ( now sacked) involved at the club it's plain to see that Fulton has a LOT of power.

Most on here reckon he can't coach ( and maybe they are right), but I really wonder if he's ever been allowed to " do it his way".

We need Crusher Cleal back to spot new talent for us, he was shafted by the dogs, must have some time on his hands.
He's moved up the mid north coast I think.

Doesn't mean he can't spot talent from there though I suppose, but I think he's done with it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10