The team you would pick next week ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Metcalf (if Tommy T isnt ready)
2. Funa
3. Parker
4. B Trbojevic (if we are allowed to bring up development players, not 100% on the rules for this)
5. Garrick
6. Cust
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Levi
10. Taupau
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. J Trbojevic
14. Schuster
15. Keppie
16. Ola'kauatu
17. Paseka

Though I doubt we will have three debutants in a game against the Storm!
I'm sure we are allowed to use the Devel contract guys.

I would put Metcalf in 14, Schuster at centre and Funa at FB. FB is a tough debut for a little guy with poor defence. His pace would be good off the bench.

Des won’t change to much up
Surely he calls Hopoate back if not well then he is gone For sure
Garrick
Funa ( better centre than winger or fullback )
Parker
tafua
the forwards will be one change with Thompson coming back in

Des said in the presser we’ll see what happens with Suli and Funa
He didn’t say he wouldn’t bring him back
“Albert isn’t going to solve the situation but we’ll have to assess to see where we’re at,” Hasler said.
Take that how you like

Cust at hooker need to start looking at next year and what we do for a number 9.

Schuster in the 13, playing 5/8.

Fullback Albert, highly unlikely so Funa stays or Metcalfe at fullback and Funa to right centre for Suli.

Left edge backrow Guaca has to start.

Tent to start at prop.

The rest I am not sure, happy to see any testing of players for 2021. Needs some energy and passion for the jumper!!

Id have parker at fullback. Im not sure about the hate on him in other threads, I wouldn't want to defend inside George right now he cant make a correct read.

Funa will cop a 3 game ban for both high tackles so I would say Des will play Gosiewski in the centres and Id be reaching to see who will replace Suli.

Olakuatu needs to be in the side, he a great crack last week vs Newcastle and Im surprised Gosiewski got the nod ahead of him.

Croker inot hooker over levi to the bench and Thompson should be back surely?

Throwing some radical ideas in, Id move Cust into halfback and give Chez the 6, giving him a bit more time with the ball on the edge to see what happens given the lack of centers atm.
i like the idea with parker at fullback. he is strong and a good last line of defence. he would also carry the ball and run with a bit of oomph. i have high opinion of parker. he is a good player. Goucomole i also agree must be the edge forward. not sure about switching cust and Dce though. we should also give harper a go and bring on sipley. why is baby turbo not used?

i like the idea with parker at fullback. he is strong and a good last line of defence. he would also carry the ball and run with a bit of oomph. i have high opinion of parker. he is a good player. Goucomole i also agree must be the edge forward. not sure about switching cust and Dce though. we should also give harper a go and bring on sipley. why is baby turbo not used?
I would feel quite confident with Parker there too, however, I worry that we would lose quite a bit in his defensive work at centre. He does a lot of unseen dirty work in that position, often hunting down more fancied opposition backs.

I would feel quite confident with Parker there too, however, I worry that we would lose quite a bit in his defensive work at centre. He does a lot of unseen dirty work in that position, often hunting down more fancied opposition backs.
so glad we both know parks defensive quality. i am dumfounded when other fans dont rate parker. I would say he has put in more than suli on the other side this year. he always gives 100%, (that tackle on Sivo has to be the hit of the year) :inlove: Although we lose him at centre, there will be more sting and penetration with Parker taking the ball up from fullback.

so glad we both know parks defensive quality. i am dumfounded when other fans dont rate parker. I would say he has put in more than suli on the other side this year. he always gives 100%, (that tackle on Sivo has to be the hit of the year) :inlove:
There was a moment in the Newcastle game where I watched him chase down Ponga when he turned around and headed back inside. Most players would have just slacked off and let somebody else inside deal with it. When I saw Parker do that it just consolidated the type of player he is and more importantly, his mind set. They are the type of guys you want in your team providing balance and no frills hard work, doing the stuff that doesn't stand out but adds important value to the team performance

Until the internal problems are sorted in the squad and club, it won’t matter who you pick because the major changes need to be attitude, passion & respect , communication , comittment, concentration and execution of the task at hand. Good luck Des I don’t envy your task !
I reckon once we get our best Calvary back these guys will be passionate enough about winning. They have big egos and it hurts to lose.

1.Hoppa
2. Garrick.
3. Funa
4. Parker.
5. Metcalf
6. Cust.
7. Dce.
8. Paseka.
9. Docker Clay
10. AFB.
11. Sironen.
12. Keppie
13. Jake.

14. Guac.
15. Jetski.
16. Tapau.
17. Schuster

This team can beat the Storm

1.Hoppa
2. Garrick.
3. Funa
4. Harper.
5. Metcalf
6. Cust.
7. Dce.
8. Paseka.
9. Docker Clay
10. AFB.
11. Sironen.
12. Keppie
13. Jake.

14. Guac.
15. Jetski.
16. Tapau.
17. Schuster

1.Hoppa
2. Garrick.
3. Funa
4. Harper.
5. Metcalf
6. Cust.
7. Dce.
8. Paseka.
9. Docker Clay
10. AFB.
11. Sironen.
12. Keppie
13. Jake.

14. Guac.
15. Jetski.
16. Tapau.
17. Schuster
I like ZDC. I think he offers more than Levi. He is a genuine #9 and has a great short kicking game. Seems a smart footballer too

Hypothetically - if available :happy:

1. Funa
  2. Garrick
  3. Schuster
  4. Parker
  5. Hoppa
  6. Cust
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Levi
  10. AFB
  11. Haumole
  12. Sirro
  13. Jake
  14. Croker
  15. T-Rex Thompson
  16. Marty
  17. Keppie
edited

Last edited:
Also showed his inexperience. Very promising though, if we manage to hang onto young Hoppa for a couple of years we'll have a pretty hot back-3 rotation, assuming Turbo ever recovers.

Agree re: his inexperience but I found it refreshing to see him keep trying (& making further mistakes) after returning from the sinbin.

It showed a measured confidence that I wish the rest of the team displayed.

1.Hoppa
2. Garrick.
3. Funa
4. Harper.
5. Metcalf
6. Cust.
7. Dce.
8. Paseka.
9. Docker Clay
10. AFB.
11. Sironen.
12. Keppie
13. Jake.

14. Guac.
15. Jetski.
16. Tapau.
17. Schuster
Swap Metcalf for Miski and jetski for Tof...
I would probably keep Levi but reluctantly at this point...

1.Garrick
2. Mishki
3. Hopoate
4. Parker
5. Tafua
6. DCE
7. Williams
8. Jake
9. Cust
10. AFB.
11. Sironen.
12. Tapau