The team you would pick next week ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hoppa
Garrick
Parker
Harper
Funa
DCE
Cust
Paseka
Levi
AFB
Olakau’atu
Sironen
Jake
Res: Schuster, Marty, Keppie, Waddell
If Levi gets replaced then Cust hooker & Schuster 5/8.....
Tommo for Waddell tho. I’d love to be there live (which I will be) to see that side upset Melb.

A Manly team with new players is the only opportunity for me to get excited about NRL again before March... not convinced it will happen tho, Des probably bought Hoppa back as 'cover' (and to give a big FU to the kid and his dad)...
My prediction is Waddell or gojetski to centre as the only change to the gameday squad...
I hope not Frank. After much contemplation after Saturday’s debacle I pulled the trigger on 2x$60 tix to sit on the hill this sun arvo v the storm. I’m praying this is the team that runs out in front of me and my young fella and we beat the storm in a nail biter - which I think we can!
1: A Hopoate
2: A Miski
3: B Parker
4: T Funa
5: R Garrick
6: C Cust
7: D Cherry Evans
8: A Fonua Blake
9: D Levi
10: M Tapau
11:H Olakautau
12: C Sironen
13: J Trobevic
14: L Croker
15: J Thompson
16: T Paseka
17: S Keppe

Just give Hoppa a go. Dry Sunday arvo against an injury riddled Storm. Might not get better conditions.

Only picked Croker as I don’t know about Schu and his ability at 9. I wouldn’t move Cust to accommodate in game. Just unsettles things too much. Maybe Schu gets a start in another game - which I would do if coach

Marty back to start. I think it was a mistake to have him off the bench v Souths as the game was gone before he came on. I’d like to see him play longer initially tho and us be more creative with the prop rotation.

Funa looks like a tidy centre for mine. I’d keep him there for now.

Miski has got good energy about him the times I’ve seen him. He deserves a run and I think could be the type of player to lift those around him with some big efforts. I was hoping that would be Jorge last week but I was wrong there. Imo Jorge should not be picked again.

we have all seen Olakautau play and with Joel leaving we need to see more of him. Give him some minutes and responsibility.

anyway that’s the team I want to see Sunday and I think we can give an injury riddled storm s good shake. Win or lose I’ll be there to support them and the boys won’t lose due to the lack of cheering and support coming from me and the boy!

I hope not Frank. After much contemplation after Saturday’s debacle I pulled the trigger on 2x$60 tix to sit on the hill this sun arvo v the storm. I’m praying this is the team that runs out in front of me and my young fella and we beat the storm in a nail biter - which I think we can!
1: A Hopoate
2: A Miski
3: B Parker
4: T Funa
5: R Garrick
6: C Cust
7: D Cherry Evans
8: A Fonua Blake
9: D Levi
10: M Tapau
11:H Olakautau
12: C Sironen
13: J Trobevic
14: L Croker
15: J Thompson
16: T Paseka
17: S Keppe

Just give Hoppa a go. Dry Sunday arvo against an injury riddled Storm. Might not get better conditions.

Only picked Croker as I don’t know about Schu and his ability at 9. I wouldn’t move Cust to accommodate in game. Just unsettles things too much. Maybe Schu gets a start in another game - which I would do if coach

Marty back to start. I think it was a mistake to have him off the bench v Souths as the game was gone before he came on. I’d like to see him play longer initially tho and us be more creative with the prop rotation.

Funa looks like a tidy centre for mine. I’d keep him there for now.

Miski has got good energy about him the times I’ve seen him. He deserves a run and I think could be the type of player to lift those around him with some big efforts. I was hoping that would be Jorge last week but I was wrong there. Imo Jorge should not be picked again.

we have all seen Olakautau play and with Joel leaving we need to see more of him. Give him some minutes and responsibility.

anyway that’s the team I want to see Sunday and I think we can give an injury riddled storm s good shake. Win or lose I’ll be there to support them and the boys won’t lose due to the lack of cheering and support coming from me and the boy!
as frustrated as I am @Waz13... I envy you big time bud... I lived on the Sunny for a few years and watching Manly on a Sunday arvo from the hill at Sunshine Coast Stadium with a couple of coldies sounds like the perfect way to spend a winter's day....

hope they repay your faith and reward your 2hr drive by smashing the drizzle...

Just thinking, this time last week Tommy was rated 95% recovered by physio. Any chance we see him this weekend ?? That'll be another 2 weeks basically since that update last Monday - I'll be interested to see if he is named in 21 tomorrow.

Turbo
Garrick
Hoppa / Funa
Parker
Funa / Hoppa

would be a nice back 5.

Just thinking, this time last week Tommy was rated 95% recovered by physio. Any chance we see him this weekend ?? That'll be another 2 weeks basically since that update last Monday - I'll be interested to see if he is named in 21 tomorrow.

Turbo
Garrick
Hoppa / Funa
Parker
Funa / Hoppa

would be a nice back 5.

Nice thought having Turbo back ... but I doubt it'll happen this week, or even next.

How about this to introduce some competitiveness into the team

First thing tomorrow, the entire roster that is fit and able to play this week are asked to get the boots on and perform a 75m sprint.

First 7 are our new backline.

Competitiveness and speed problems fixed. ;)
With our luck, a few sprinters vying for a place in the backline will end up with hamstring injuries. Rather, wrap them all up in protective plastic bubbles instead.:think::think:

Funa
Miski
Parker
GoJetski
Garrick
Shuster
Dce
AFB
Cust
Marty
Thommo
Sirro
Jake

paseka
Keppie
ola
Metcalf

but what do I know.

Turbo
Garrick
Hoppa / Funa
Parker
Funa / Hoppa

would be a nice back 5.
I'd rather
Turbo
Miski
Funa
Harper
Hoppa Jr

Schuster 14

I know not everyone agrees (based on comments I’ve seen), but I actually think Danny Levi has done a reasonable job for us. To suggest dropping him and putting Cade Cust there is crazy in my mind. We all seem pretty positive about Cust’s progress at 6, and now we want to move him to 9? Madness

Anyone thinking of bringing Cam Smith to Manly if Fainu is unavailable. I know so many on this site would be chafing at the bit. He's apparently finished at the Storm. I mean if we are going for Foran we may as well go all the way with Dad's Army. :giggle:

Team I think will get chosen:

01. Tevita Funa
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper / Albert Hopoate
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cade Cust
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Danny Levi
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Corey Waddell / Jack Gosiewski

Team I would choose:

01. Albert Hopoate
02. Tevita Funa
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cade Cust
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Danny Levi
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

Tend to agree with your backline Ryan...the second one. I suspect Hopa is there for sure and will interchange with Funa. One will play full back, the other wing, but they could switch during the game. That's a backline that has a good chance of helping Manly win, especially against a weakened Storm

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8