The team you would pick next week ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Garrick
Funa (If Funa suspended .. Harper) (But will probably be Miski)
Schuster
Parker
Jorge
Cust
DCE
Paseka
Levi
AFB
Guacamole
Siro
Jake

Croker
Thommo
Kapow
Keppie

Last edited:
Id have parker at fullback. Im not sure about the hate on him in other threads, I wouldn't want to defend inside George right now he cant make a correct read.

Funa will cop a 3 game ban for both high tackles so I would say Des will play Gosiewski in the centres and Id be reaching to see who will replace Suli.

Olakuatu needs to be in the side, he a great crack last week vs Newcastle and Im surprised Gosiewski got the nod ahead of him.

Croker inot hooker over levi to the bench and Thompson should be back surely?

Throwing some radical ideas in, Id move Cust into halfback and give Chez the 6, giving him a bit more time with the ball on the edge to see what happens given the lack of centers atm.

1 Metcalf
2 Garrick
3 Schuster
4 Funa
5 parker
6 Cust
7 Daly
8 Paseka
9 Croaker
10 kapow
11 Haumole
12 Jake
13 AFB

14 Levi
15 Siro
16 Keppie
17 Sipley

With Suli out and still no sign of Tom it's time to bring in Schuster to centre. It may not be his natural position but he reminds me of a ball playing Manu and could easily play the position. It would be nice to have a centre that can set up his winger. I think Schuster could be a long term left centre option. Why hold him back to play bench or limited time? Get him out there playing 80mins. I guarantee if he was left centre outside Foz with Turbo chiming in our left winger would be top try scorer for the comp. Buy a new 9 and a starting left wing to play outside Schuster and happy days. Problem solved.
Obviously in my team we have Foz instead of Walker too

Has Schuster ever played centre ?? It's arguably the toughest spot to defend and we want to throw him in there at NRL level in a position he's never played ?? I think he's best spot is to come off bench. He could slot on that left edge and give Cust a go at 9 while Levi has a breather.

Parker and Harper in the centres for mine. Leave Funa at the back. Maybe Metcalf worth a shot on the wing instead of Jorge, he and Funa could swap about a bit in attack to get his hands on the ball. But I'd keep him on the wing in defence, surely with his speed he can use the sideline as his friend in D.

Now that we are losing pretty much a player a game thru injury and now suspension ,and ignoring old man Hoppa's outburst why would Des not recall Hoppa ,the cupboard is bare at FB and now at center and ofcourse lets not forget winger where we have a guy who is past it .
Hoppa is still on contract to Manly FFS and if he is good enough to play for the Warriors who lets face it are going better than us then he should be "dancing with the one that brought him" i.e Manly.Not to mention what has already been mentioned on here but I will anyway ... the money thats been spent on the Hoppa family in general and Albert ,along with Will and Jamile all for nothing.

I agree - get Schuster in, Hopoate as well. These next 5 weeks are an opportunity to learn 1st grade with an eye on 2021.

Keep Funa in so he can learn defense and learn to limit errors. He has a bunch of one or another in every game and he has to play for the rest of the year to figure it out because at his current level he is not good enough.

I'm keeping Parker too for 2021 because he is good in a good team. Tough as well.

Garrick on the wing and only wing. I am really sick of his crap goal kicking and frankly predictable crap rugby league in general.

With Sulia and Tom back for 2021 build a backline from there with a couple of buys.

Walker, Croker and Tafua - bye-dee-bye!!

Cust and DCE for the halves.

NYEagle

With Suli out and still no sign of Tom it's time to bring in Schuster to centre. It may not be his natural position but he reminds me of a ball playing Manu and could easily play the position. It would be nice to have a centre that can set up his winger. I think Schuster could be a long term left centre option. Why hold him back to play bench or limited time? Get him out there playing 80mins. I guarantee if he was left centre outside Foz with Turbo chiming in our left winger would be top try scorer for the comp. Buy a new 9 and a starting left wing to play outside Schuster and happy days. Problem solved.
Obviously in my team we have Foz instead of Walker too
I picked him there in Woodsie's thread.
Got to have him in the team.
I'd like him pushing up around the play the ball also

Until the internal problems are sorted in the squad and club, it won’t matter who you pick because the major changes need to be attitude, passion & respect , communication , comittment, concentration and execution of the task at hand. Good luck Des I don’t envy your task !
Then pick only the players playing for a contract. Might motivate them.

Be surprised if this isnt the named side (presuming no Suli or Fanu)
Garrick
Miski
Jetski
Parker
Jorge
Cust
DCE
Paseka
Levi
AFB
Thompson
Siro