The team you would pick next week ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alright, maybe not so seriously.
The omissions are amazing though right? The average IQ has doubled by dropping three players.

I'll bite.....

FB - Tevita Funa / Luke Metcalf
WG - Luke Metcalf
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Cade Cust
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Danny Levi
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Hermole Olakau'atu
SR - Corey Waddell
LK - Curtis Sironen

Bench - Taniela Paseka, Martin Taupau, Toafofoa Sipley, Lachlan Croker/Josh Schuster

I think the time has come for some changes and shake ups. Jorge has to go, simple as that. And since Hopoate is out of the question, I'd bring Metcalf in on the wing, or play him at fullback and Funa on the flank. The other option is Miski ... but do that and you might as well just pick Jorge.

I'd start Jake in the front row with AFB and have Marty coming off the bench with Paseka and Sips. We looked a lot better with Jake at prop against the Knights than we did with Jake at lock. And I would put Siro at lock. As a former 5/8 he has the skills to pass and kick, not just be a battering ram, a tackling machine and someone who has a tendency to get in the way at the wrong time.

And since Siro is at lock, I'd put Olakau'atu in the back row and I hate to say it but Thommo has been a complete non-event this year. I'd actually leave him out of the 17 and have Waddell in his place.

That leaves the last bench spot. Normally its been Croker, but at this stage of the game I think giving Schuster a go wouldn't be such a bad idea. What are we going to do, lose? We've been doing that. Penrith put 40 on us, Souffs almost put 60 on us.

Of course..... the team is more likely to line up as such:

Funa, Taufua, Parker, Suli, Garrick, Cust, Cherry-Evans, Fonua-Blake, Levi, Taupau, Thompson, Sironen, Trbojevic. Bench - Croker, Paseka, Waddell, Gosiewski / Olakau'atu

Last edited:
1. Hoppa
2. Anderson
3. Thirdbro
4. Harper
5. Miski
6. Schuster
7. Chez
8. AFB
9. Cust
10. Kapow
11. Olakau'ata
12. Sirro
13. Jake
14. Metcalf
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Thommo

Our outside backs were an absolute disgrace again last week. They can all have a sit down and practice tackling for the rest of the season.

Give 2 wingers a chance to stay on their wings unlike tafua and garrick who were humiliated 20m infield all too often.

Thommo comes on for injuries to a backrower or goes to centre for an outside back injury.

Lots of youth sure, what is the worst that can happen we get 56 put on us.

Let them go out and play eyes up footy. The scum will be waiting for our boring 1 out hit ups and attempt to get into a grind.

Levi is terrible at counting numbers goes himself or the wrong way in attack far too often gives away too many set restarts and penalties. Cust is the best we have got at getting this right.

Most importantly we have a fullback at fullback.

FB - Metcalf
WG - Anderson
CE - Morgan
CE - TyFuna
WG - AHop
FE - Schuster
HB - Cust
PR - Keppie
HK - ZDC
PR - Paseka
SR - Olakau'atu
SR - BTurbo
LK - Saddler

Titmuss
Sipley
Miski
Waddell

Don't ban me

A Manly team with new players is the only opportunity for me to get excited about NRL again before March... not convinced it will happen tho, Des probably bought Hoppa back as 'cover' (and to give a big FU to the kid and his dad)...
My prediction is Waddell or gojetski to centre as the only change to the gameday squad...

Does anyone think we will really recall Hoppa ?? I can't see it happening myself, but you never know for sure. Given Des's comments in the presser and the Insta carry on from the old man it'd have to be long odds.

Sick of picking teams because Des will just pick the same rubbish.
1. Garrick
2. Taufua
3. Parker
4. Gosiewski
5. Funa
6. Cust
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Levi
10. Taupau
11. Thommo
12. Sirro
13. Jake
14. Croker
15. Waddell
16. Keppie
17. Paseka

Nothing new. Another 40 point drubbing.

Due to injuries.....
Hoppa
Garrick
Parker
Gosiewski
Funa
DCE to 5/8
Cust to 1/2
Paseka
Levi
AFB
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Res: Schuster, Marty, Keppie, Boyle

Schuster can cover halves, centres & back row....Cust can move to hooker to relieve Levi, Gosiewski can also move to back row if required so we can have 3 big forwards on the bench....Hoppa can move to wing if it gets too much with Funa to FB.
All bases covered.....plenty of X factor!!!

Last edited:
Id go with croker and cust in the halves and cherry to 14 as levis back up. His free ticket has expired and a message has to be sent that there is is first half of a game that requires his imput

Croker can handle his tackling so we really wont lose much if we are honest. Even if he only kicks and tackles. cherries lack of involvement early in anything that could influence momentum manlys way will ensure that we potentially dont lose much in the first 40

Bring cherry on in the second half against tired legs, he waits until the sting is out of the game anyway. Be better to play with 13 until that time

At 14 we can actually get behind his tackle count and passing to someone else to sort as a positive contribution as that would be his role

You know it makes sense, regardless of how unpalatable it may seem.

Very few weeks does cherries input resemble a 6 or a 7 , but his stats look like a 14 ,

Has Schuster ever played centre ?? It's arguably the toughest spot to defend and we want to throw him in there at NRL level in a position he's never played ?? I think he's best spot is to come off bench. He could slot on that left edge and give Cust a go at 9 while Levi has a breather.

Parker and Harper in the centres for mine. Leave Funa at the back. Maybe Metcalf worth a shot on the wing instead of Jorge, he and Funa could swap about a bit in attack to get his hands on the ball. But I'd keep him on the wing in defence, surely with his speed he can use the sideline as his friend in D.

Toughest back line spot is half or 5/8 followed I would say by full back, wing and then centre. Remember the spine positions are the most valuable because you have to have your best players there. So Half, 5/8, fullback and I would say wing because they have to cover the corners. Schuster was a top 5/8 in the juniors as well as a second rower. He's fast, clever, strong, good defender from what we've seen in the juniors (and that is how players are assessed for future first grade positions). Would eat centre.

1. Hoppa
2. Anderson
3. Thirdbro
4. Harper
5. Miski
6. Schuster
7. Chez
8. AFB
9. Cust
10. Kapow
11. Olakau'ata
12. Sirro
13. Jake
14. Metcalf
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Thommo

Our outside backs were an absolute disgrace again last week. They can all have a sit down and practice tackling for the rest of the season.

Give 2 wingers a chance to stay on their wings unlike tafua and garrick who were humiliated 20m infield all too often.

Thommo comes on for injuries to a backrower or goes to centre for an outside back injury.

Lots of youth sure, what is the worst that can happen we get 56 put on us.

Let them go out and play eyes up footy. The scum will be waiting for our boring 1 out hit ups and attempt to get into a grind.

Levi is terrible at counting numbers goes himself or the wrong way in attack far too often gives away too many set restarts and penalties. Cust is the best we have got at getting this right.

Most importantly we have a fullback at fullback.

Crazy as it seems Ryno, I think you have a good side there, one that has speed, toughness, imagination, good variety. That team looks dangerous. Wont happen because Des is too conservative, but I like it.

I honestly don't think we will see anything exciting this week. No Hoppa, no Schuster, no Metcalf, just no NRL debutantes at all is my guess - I think Harper is the only like in given he has a couple of games under his belt at Dogs. Maybe next week back home against Tigers there may be a surprise, the season will be well and truly done by then if we lose to Storm and Des might finally try something.

I'm guessing same side as just got rolled by Rabbits with Harper in for Suli and Thommo back to run on pushing Waddell to bench and Jetski out of 17.

I honestly don't think we will see anything exciting this week. No Hoppa, no Schuster, no Metcalf, just no NRL debutantes at all is my guess - I think Harper is the only like in given he has a couple of games under his belt at Dogs. Maybe next week back home against Tigers there may be a surprise, the season will be well and truly done by then if we lose to Storm and Des might finally try something.

I'm guessing same side as just got rolled by Rabbits with Harper in for Suli and Thommo back to run on pushing Waddell to bench and Jetski out of 17.
Or GoJetski to centre... there wont be much change I reckon because Des has made it obvious that he doesnt have faith in anyone outside his top 21

Does anyone think we will really recall Hoppa ?? I can't see it happening myself, but you never know for sure. Given Des's comments in the presser and the Insta carry on from the old man it'd have to be long odds.
I just read the Hoppa thread and it seems that we have recalled him. Interesting. You'd have to think he is going to play this week if they are bringing him back. So Funa to centre and Hoppa to fullback ??

I just read the Hoppa thread and it seems that we have recalled him. Interesting. You'd have to think he is going to play this week if they are bringing him back. So Funa to centre and Hoppa to fullback ??
Yeah but it may be so we can name him in the 21 in case we get an injury during the week CnC...
I will believe he is playing when I see him on the field AFTER the ref blows time on...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8