The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Relevance??

The monies the above are paid come from MUCH larger pots than we have and 3 of them are obviously overpaid too.

Why can't people here understand it is NOT a level playing field and we are middle to lower pack in total monies available to spend on 28 players.

Top players earn top money. There are over a dozen players earning more than Jake. You pay big money for the best or you pay less for a bunch of players who perform OK but don't effectively compete against the opposition. I think generally the money people in the game know quite a bit more than we do. They risk on the wall hangings but they pay big bucks for the foundations

Ugggh groundhog day in here

Hate the argument of "I reckon player x is worth ×××", because guess what, what Jeff in row 34 values a player means jack sh*t. Players are valued by the market.

Other clubs were willing to pay the Trbojevic brothers more than we ultimately signed them for. The question is simple, were you happy them to stay or would you preferred the club let them go.

Personally Im estatic we have them and doubt we would get two equivilant players for the same price.

This thread though was about peoples constant whinging that Jake does nothing but tackle when the stats show he is involved in more tries than any other lock

Last edited:
Jake is worth every cent on and off the field. The fact we are paying 3 guys "overs" doesn't mean ****!!! We have a team full of stars on top of those 3.
Taupau
AFB
Siro
Walker
Schuster
Suli are all top shelf
We have guys like Thommo, Paseka, we have young guns in Hoppa and Funa etc.
Paying Jake, Turbo and Chez has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our failings this year! There is not 1 team in the comp that wouldn't sign the 3 of them

Jake is a International player no doubt.

The form of Jake in 2020 is not near the form of Jake in 2019 in origin.

From a 2020 perspective he has looked slow at times due to the speed of the game this season, the referees have targeted his slowness in the ruck with the set restarts.

Definitely needs less minutes and plays better running at the line looking for an offload, would like to see some of Jakes hard hitting tackles back in his game.

The "extra money from TPA's" you talk about...is it really EXTRA money, or is it money that would be allocated to other players if he wasn't here?
I noticed Tom was on Nike. I’d imagine they are paying him pretty damn good money to represent the brand. I couldn’t imagine that is a deal that is specifically allocated to just any manly player. Eg. If Tom wasn’t at the club the sponsorship And it’s full value wouldn’t fall to next in line.

Jake is a International player no doubt.

The form of Jake in 2020 is not near the form of Jake in 2019 in origin.

From a 2020 perspective he has looked slow at times due to the speed of the game this season, the referees have targeted his slowness in the ruck with the set restarts.

Definitely needs less minutes and plays better running at the line looking for an offload, would like to see some of Jakes hard hitting tackles back in his game.
Only issues i have with him this year are his lack of offloads and how he gets in the way and does a hit up when we are attacking. Does mein head in

Only issues i have with him this year are his lack of offloads and how he gets in the way and does a hit up when we are attacking. Does mein head in
Yes mate, the one I remember where he put Tent into a gap and Croker scored near the sticks backing up, that’s one of Jakes best traits.

He was awesome in origin last season.

Hopefully he can get a spell as being the ball passing forward and go back to more running of the ball at speed.

Jake is 100% not the problem. He should be our captain tbh.

Is he slightly overpaid? Probably. Would he have got that money elsewhere? Definitely. Did we pay overs to hold onto his brother and keep them together? Yep. Should management have done that? Definitely.

When we win a comp or 2 with them it will have all been worth it.

Jake is 100% not the problem. He should be our captain tbh.

Is he slightly overpaid? Probably. Would he have got that money elsewhere? Definitely. Did we pay overs to hold onto his brother and keep them together? Yep. Should management have done that? Definitely.

When we win a comp or 2 with them it will have all been worth it.
So he isn't being overpaid, if he could have got the same elsewhere he's being paid his market value. Anything (be it a house, a car, or in this instance a footy player) is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

Okay I've had enough, I've seen for months people blowing up about Jake being over paid and how Jake is just a tackle bot and offers nothing else.

Just seen it again in another thread and I cant take it anymore.

Complete disrespect to a player who has been our best and fairest in 3 of our last 5 seasons (2019, 2018, 2015) and who is our current spiritual leader.

So lets take a look at the hysteria, it is justified or simply petulant fans trying to lash out where they can.

I jumped onto the foxsports stats lab to compare Jake to other locks in attacking stats (I assume nobody has issues with defense)

So here we go

TRY ASSISTS = equal 2nd
1. Murray - 4
2.TRBOJEVIC - 3
2. Peachey - 3
3. Elliott - 2
3. Glasby - 2

TRY CONTRIBUTIONS = equal 3rd
1. Fisher-Harris - 3
1. Brown - 3
3. TRBOJEVIC - 2
3. Carrigan - 2
3. Yeo - 2

TRIES = equal 4th
1. Faasuamaleaui - 5
1. Faitala-Mariner - 5
3. Asofa-Solomona - 3
4. TRBOJEVIC - 2
4. Murray - 2

TOTAL TRY INVOLVEMENTS = 1st
1. TRBOJEVIC - 7
2. Murray - 6
3. Yeo - 5
3. Faitala-Mariner - 5
3. Faasuamaleaui - 5

LINE BREAKS = equal 6th
1. Yeo - 6
2. Faasuamaleaui - 5
2. Faitala-mariner - 5
2. Peachey - 5
5. Taumalolo - 4
6. TRBOJEVIC - 3

LINE BREAK ASSISTS = equal 2nd
1. Murray - 6
2. TRBOJEVIC - 4
2. Finucane - 4
4. McInnes - 3
4. Harris - 3

Tackle busts he is obviously well down the chart but that is not the role we are playing him.

PENALTIES CONCEDED
Jake has conceded 6 which is equal 33rd worst forward with 13 other players so 46 forwards have conceded 6 or more.

Jake is one of the best forwards in the game and we are lucky to have him....it blows my mind that people don't see that
Sorry but the people saying he is overpaid need to never comment again - give yourself quadruple uppercuts - you simply have no idea. Every other team would pay anything to have Jake at their club - the epitome of guts and determination and if you asked all NRL players which six forwards they would love to have in the trenches with them I reckon he would be first first and first on just about everyone's list. As important to us as Igor was in the 70's! Just saying.

Hard to value a players worth at times... I mean you could get your top shelf like Tedesco, Tom T at 1 mil (approx)....then they play only 5-6 games in a season.
then you could have Creighton, Staggs who play every game at $5 - 600,000 and add more to where the team finishes in the comp....
As for Jake I think his value is only being questioned due to Manly losing footy games and I really don't believe he is at fault...in fact without him we could have well lost 2-3 more and the close losses could have been cricket scores.
He is worth around $700,000 I reckon, with extra money from sponsorships (TPA's) and the awesome integrity he gives the Manly club is priceless.
Do with even have 2-3 wins?

Do with even have 2-3 wins?
We do - but the point is he really does make a Massive difference, just the performances of others and sometimes overdoing that ball playing role makes him look less effective.
I think in a Melbourne or Roosters team, we would be all making threads how we all wish we could sign this bloke...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8