The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I've been saying it for the last few years.. actually got shot down a few times last year for saying he's dead set Nathan hidmarsh 2.0

The bloke has had to spend the last 4 years doing the majority of our tackling, doing the 50 odd tackles each week, because the plodders around him just can't pull their own weight, that he's tackled himself into the ground...
He's tired..he's slow now.. he rarely bends the line anymore, he doesn't hit and stick anymore... He just looks like Hindy at the end of his career, spent.. because he's had to carry the load for so long by himself... Also add to that the rule changes have basically made his tackle style a liability, it's sad.. but the dude just isn't what he used to be

Galant...but has become very predictable with one out runs
He lacks genuine athletic ability, not mobile enough if has raw tackle busting strength, but not going to knock Jake tonight. Did not have much impact but tried hard and didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't the one missing all those tackles. If we had a more balanced pack with some punch on the edges and more mobile, quicker play the balls his style would compliment. Our defence, especially on the edges is diabolical

He doesn't seem to follow runs up the middle anymore.
Used to push up on every break.

I've been saying it for the last few years.. actually got shot down a few times last year for saying he's dead set Nathan hidmarsh 2.0

The bloke has had to spend the last 4 years doing the majority of our tackling, doing the 50 odd tackles each week, because the plodders around him just can't pull their own weight, that he's tackled himself into the ground...
He's tired..he's slow now.. he rarely bends the line anymore, he doesn't hit and stick anymore... He just looks like Hindy at the end of his career, spent.. because he's had to carry the load for so long by himself... Also add to that the rule changes have basically made his tackle style a liability, it's sad.. but the dude just isn't what he used to be
He does too much tackling. Never gets a break case we don't have depth. All the best locks get subbed. Murray, Talmalomo, burgees when he played etc

Jake is a 50-60 minute player in my opinion, the 80 minutes is to much.

Definitely not a impact player who can change games.

He does too much tackling. Never gets a break case we don't have depth. All the best locks get subbed. Murray, Talmalomo, burgees when he played etc
Yea, I think he needs to start being subbed out..
I just wanna see him go back to his old game... Run hard... Tackle hard.. repeat..

Less worrying about being a ball player, more emphasis on punching holes in the line

Hate to break it to you, but Jake is on 950k a year. Yep a joke. Even when he was the second best 13 in the comp it was huuuge overs.

Have to say tonight v Penrith I thought he was a bit better, in that when Cust was on he did have a bit of space to hold the ball, run and pick options which we haven't seen since June last year IMO.

But yeah, not great.

Taupau is the bigger worry for me - reportedly on 750-800k a year and as soft as a daisy. He is in the range of 40-50 best props in the comp and on the coin to be a top 5 prop... he is trash. Ship him out quick and get someone half decent like Su'a here.

I watched Jake really closely tonight from the hill. He is a proper elite lock forward. Genuine star. Manly junior and a winner. If you think he’s no good you’re a bad judge.

Hate to break it to you, but Jake is on 950k a year. Yep a joke. Even when he was the second best 13 in the comp it was huuuge overs.

Have to say tonight v Penrith I thought he was a bit better, in that when Cust was on he did have a bit of space to hold the ball, run and pick options which we haven't seen since June last year IMO.

But yeah, not great.

Taupau is the bigger worry for me - reportedly on 750-800k a year and as soft as a daisy. He is in the range of 40-50 best props in the comp and on the coin to be a top 5 prop... he is trash. Ship him out quick and get someone half decent like Su'a here.
Yeah,hard to accept...but Marty is one to let go if Sharks want him.Sua is not the answer tho,hits hard but doesn't like to get hit....

Atleast this bloke has some passion for the jersey, not like some of the team mates paying no attention to what he is saying..

Blokes that have barely played first grade like Saab etc should be all ears listening to one of our leaders, yet what do you see in this footage on field...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8