The squad takes shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting addition to the team. Didn't do much at Souths but looked pretty good at Queensland Cup level. Looks an plays a bit like Cade Cust.
Seems a genuine half with great vision, a decent running game and not afraid to pull off a big play. His style actually reminded me of a Tyson Gamble. Already played a couple NRL games so could be a handy back up!

Last edited:
Dargan has a good vision and can put his outside players into space and a good running game...not sure on his defence...
I feel his elevation was always a struggle at Souths with Reynolds and Cody Walker in the halves.
He played with Bullemor at the Devils and just maybe, young Bull has offered a good opinion to the Manly heirarchy.
On another thought and I don't wanna cause uproar, but could he be seen as a potential 9 - even off the bench with the addition of halves if need be ??

I see young props Alec Tuitavake and Sione Fainu are both now in our Top 30 (maybe there were there before and I just missed it).
Giving us 8 props (not including Jake).
Was it Bozo Fulton back in the day who was reputed to have said "get enough props and when you have enough, get a couple more". Des has that philosophy, I can't knock it either!

Still surprised that the club let Saddler go [ and especially that he most likely could have been retained on a minimum deal ] but looks like the Des saw some limitations which again did surprise me . Haven 't seen much of young Alex and Sione as props but again the club can obviously see some upside in further developing them and just have to wait and see how Saddler goes elsewhere .

On another thought and I don't wanna cause uproar, but could he be seen as a potential 9 - even off the bench with the addition of halves if need be ??
Innovation always causes an uproar and with Innovation the only way is up

It is better to think out loud and roar like a roaming lion than sleep like a dormant kitten

Good to see you not just being a square and thinking out of the square feathered friend

The guy has vision , skill and is good off the mark in the quarter mile and as you say he has the potential of a 9

Dargan has a good vision and can put his outside players into space and a good running game...not sure on his defence...
I feel his elevation was always a struggle at Souths with Reynolds and Cody Walker in the halves.
He played with Bullemor at the Devils and just maybe, young Bull has offered a good opinion to the Manly heirarchy.
Interesting that the photo of Jamie Humphreys was also as a dummy half. Those photos don't get put up willy nilly. There would always be thought - angle and even a smoke screen behind them. But yes I am guessing they are seeing how he goes as a 9 at the moment.

Interesting that the photo of Jamie Humphreys was also as a dummy half. Those photos don't get put up willy nilly. There would always be thought - angle and even a smoke screen behind them. But yes I am guessing they are seeing how he goes as a 9 at the moment.
There is an old saying feathered friend
When nothing is sure then everything is possible :)
1639014927876.jpeg

Is that a spot in the 30??
No - pathways is more a process to develope the younger players who are basically seen as future NRL, so generally held in high regard but spend plenty of time with NRL squad and get much needed off field education...most from this like Schu, Tom and Jake were in this , as was Funa who has gone to Rugby Yawnion, but you can't get 100% strike rate, but a very high strike rate with who is selected for pathways.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2